OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2019, 10:31 

Blade: Donic Ovtcharov True Carb
FH: Acuda Blue P2 max
BH: Acuda Blue P1 2mm
Blade: Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon
BH: Barracuda max

Intermediate+ player; many years experience with all the bad habits that go with it :-). Offensive style close/mid distance.

FH setup is great! BH is fine for pushing and counter-hitting, or looping mid-distance (which I do occasionally), but attacking the short/high ball seems more error prone than it should be. Also punch blocks are more difficult than I'd like.

Previously I had Acuda Blue P2 max on BH too, but pushing and short game was too inconsistent.

Pretty sure I'll go for thiner sponge and will probably buy 2-3 different sheets to try out. Thinking Bluefire M2, 2.0mm will be one. Might also try more of a control rubber too. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2019, 11:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

When I saw the title to this, I thought, hmm, someone wants opinions about what rubber Ovtcharov needs to use on the backhand (he uses Tenergy, of course.. :lol: ). And then I wondered who "Donic Ovtcharov" was. And then I realized what this was about... :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the answer to this would be... ?? I've no idea. Tenergy 05 or 64 if you're Ovtcharov, of course, depending on the phase of the moon. Baracuda already sounds good, though - I don't see why short balls and kills would be any worse than with any other rubber.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2019, 19:18 
Super User

PeteM wrote:
Blade: Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon
BH: Barracuda max

Intermediate+ player; many years experience with all the bad habits that go with it :-). Offensive style close/mid distance.

FH setup is great! BH is fine for pushing and counter-hitting, or looping mid-distance (which I do occasionally), but attacking the short/high ball seems more error prone than it should be. Also punch blocks are more difficult than I'd like.

Previously I had Acuda Blue P2 max on BH too, but pushing and short game was too inconsistent.

Pretty sure I'll go for thiner sponge and will probably buy 2-3 different sheets to try out. Thinking Bluefire M2, 2.0mm will be one. Might also try more of a control rubber too. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

The answer is quite obvious - The new Butterfly Dignics - It'll work wonders .... It has Butterfly's patented new technology called Auto--Flaw-Correct, that automatically corrects any flaw/inadequacy in technique (not that any of us need it anyway, since we were all born with perfect technique.. right?)... Very similar to the Auto-Correct feature of Ms-Word... Oh, and the cherry on the cake - It's ridiculously expensive, giving the wielder an immediate morale boost... If not Dignics, any other grossly over-priced rubber would work wonders.... All except, the cheapo, almost plebian-like - Chinese rubbers like the DHS Neo Hurricane 3 ... eeesshh :lol:

PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 07:08 

Blade: Donic Ovtcharov True Carb
BH: Acuda Blue P1 2mm
iskandar taib wrote:
When I saw the title to this, I thought, hmm, someone wants opinions about what rubber Ovtcharov needs to use on the backhand (he uses Tenergy, of course.. :lol: ). And then I wondered who "Donic Ovtcharov" was. And then I realized what this was about... :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the answer to this would be... ?? I've no idea. Tenergy 05 or 64 if you're Ovtcharov, of course, depending on the phase of the moon. Baracuda already sounds good, though - I don't see why short balls and kills would be any worse than with any other rubber.

Iskandar

Donny Ovtcharov (Donny Osmondov?) has a nice ring to it :D

Have resisted trying the Tenergy series thus far - I guess it's a combination of slight contrarian tendencies plus objecting to the rather high price. That goes double for Dignics as "suggested" by the other poster.

Anyway, thought I'd report back. I switched to Acuda Blue P1 2mm on backhand and it really is a big improvement for *my* game. In the space of a couple of weeks I've already won 1-2 league matches that I would have lost with the old setup. I think part of it is the lower throw angle which is quite noticeable when blocking. There's also a more crisp and predictable feeling all around - probably a result of the thinner sponge which has added benefit of trimming some weight. Slightly surprised I like the (supposedly) harder P1 so much on backhand.