OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 May 2019, 04:17 

Hello everyone... I was really confused which blade to buy... It would be really helpful if you all could compare the vkm, diode v, and joola Chen Weixing blades. :)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 08:37 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
All decently similar. I'd say the diode is the fastest of the 3. I never found the cwx blade to be that quick, despite what some others have said.

Depends if you like a stiffer feel or a flexy feel.

I've used a ton of blades by now, and they're all very subjective. So it's better if you describe what you want in a blade and go from there.

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 16:31 

What I am looking for in a blade is good control for passive blocking and for generating a good amount of backspin when chopping away from table (though I know it depends a lot on our rubbers and technique) and a good amount of speed for attacks(mostly mid distance from table)...

Note - i do chop from the fh a lot...

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 17:05 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
MogamboX080 wrote:
What I am looking for in a blade is good control for passive blocking and for generating a good amount of backspin when chopping away from table (though I know it depends a lot on our rubbers and technique) and a good amount of speed for attacks(mostly mid distance from table)...

You can try the Yinhe 980 that you can get for about 20~21$ from aliexpress stores. It is like a BTY JooSeHyuk blade but a litle less fast and not so stiff. I find it better than my Donic DefPlay Senso.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 17:29 

It surely must be a good blade. Problem is I live in India. Custom duties are high and hence ordering from aliexpress is too expensive. Feel like buying 1 blade for price of 2. That's why we prefer tt equipment dealers but they hv limited stock...

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 17:30 

I am also considering the vkmo along with these 3 blades... :)

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 00:39 
Super User

MogamboX080 wrote:

Well, you see those are opposite qualities... passive reversal blocking at the table vs high spin chopping away from the table. The setups are usually different in feel and explains why long range choppers are rarely blocking at the table.

Do you want to play like guys such as Jian li, gustaf ericson, or sun jian fei?

Are you wanting pips with very little grip or pips with high friction? Sponge or ox?

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 04:26 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I have been happy with Joola CWX blade. It's fast enough for FH and slippery kind of pips go well with it. And it's quite cheap. I haven't tried the other blades you mentioned, but I have tried many other blades.

Choosing a blade is a personal thing and I am not sure if I can recommend CWX to you.

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 04:42 

I guess I made errors. I chop away from the table.

I mean i just need good control in the blade but I don't want it to be too slow. I need a blade that is fast and gives a medium/slightly low throw angle(eg.-bty jsh). I am not able to play with slow blades as they are too soft,have too low throw angle and hence all my strokes end up into the net.

I'll be using the donic coppa x2/x3 on fh and the bty fl3/donic spike p2 on bh(with sponge).

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 04:45 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
It's all a matter of preference. None of the blades are inherently better than the other....

The Diode will be the stiffest and fastest of them.

I have one CWX and have found it to be flexier and slower than the VKM.

I think the VKM is a great blade, but I'm currently in love with my TSP Balsa Def, which is weird because I hate balsa! (But I'm also playing double inverted defense these days).

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 14:42 

Japsican wrote:
I think the VKM is a great blade, but I'm currently in love with my TSP Balsa Def, which is weird because I hate balsa! (But I'm also playing double inverted defense these days).

I used to play double inverted defense too(about a 2 years ago). It was before my coach realised I was better with defense than with attack. I had an off setup back then. I used the stiga calibra on fh and the yasaka mark v on bh on the stiga all round classic wrb.

If u really want to play double inverted defense(cuz lp defense is way more easier and controllable), I recommend u to use yasaka mark v on bh. It seems like a beginner's rubber but provides a lot of spin and control and also is not so slow. It does deteriorate after short periods of time (after about 3-4 months) but is also very cheap... :)

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 14:54 

Btw, i am also considering the vkmo. Ppl say it's the closest to the bty jsh in terms of playing characteristics. I would have bought the bty jsh but it's been discontinued. And if it's available, it's too expensive.
Therefore, now I don't know whether to buy the vkm or the vkmo. Could really use some help... :)

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 01:23 
Super User

The koji offensive is probably your best option then. Another one is the andro wikomadori def or however its spelled... or the koji special

Really at that level where the blades are all so similar, it doesnt matter much and nobody on the internet can help beyond that point, since it will come down to what feel you personally enjoy. And the only way to know that is by trying them. Blades in the same class and style are rarely too terribly different

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 01:17 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
tzifos wrote:
MogamboX080 wrote:

You can try the Yinhe 980 that you can get for about 20~21$ from aliexpress stores. It is like a BTY JooSeHyuk blade but a litle less fast and not so stiff. I find it better than my Donic DefPlay Senso.

I would have to beg to differ. I've had the 980XX (which may be different to the regular 980) for about 6 months as my "fun bat" and it's a WHOLE lot slower than the JSH. Completely different feel and weight. I hardly get my FH loops over the net with he 980XX. Excellent for chopping but I can't use it seriously as my FH goes from being a point machine to something that's only good enough for fishing.

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 01:55 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
mart1nandersson wrote:
tzifos wrote:
MogamboX080 wrote:

I would have to beg to differ. I've had the 980XX (which may be different to the regular 980) for about 6 months as my "fun bat" and it's a WHOLE lot slower than the JSH. Completely different feel and weight. I hardly get my FH loops over the net with he 980XX. Excellent for chopping but I can't use it seriously as my FH goes from being a point machine to something that's only good enough for fishing.
I haven't tried 980XX, just the plain, cheap 980. Maybe they differ like LQ1 and LQ2? Don't know.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm