OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Not bouncy rubbers
PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 15:35 

Blade: YinHe N11
FH: KTL Pro XT
BH: RITC 563 OX
Hi all
Beginner here... did play before here and there but getting really obsessed now with TT jumping ship from big tennis.
I own a couple of pre-made but starting to experiment with custom blades and rubbers. I have started with 729 FX as it's cheap to experiment with.
It has tenfold better spin capability than my pre-made but it is also so BOUNCY!!!
The ball being dropped on the stationary racket with 729 bounces twice higher than on pre-made.
This property of 729 is currently killing me on short exchanges. Once the game moves away from the table I am good.
So I am looking for rubber with low rebounce, I don't even see such property listed.
Appreciate any pointers.
Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Zverev on 18 May 2019, 22:58, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Not bouncy rubbers
PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 17:11 
Super User

729 fx-c slower and less bouncy whilst still very spinny. I use Dawei 2008 in 1.8 thickness. Not very bouncy with sufficientof gears (at least for me) for all-round play. You can now get Dawei 2008 only in 2.0 or max thickness. I found 2.0 a bit heavy for my liking. The rubber is cheap around 7 USD from eacheng if you want to give it a go. I am sure there will be other suggestions too coming your way. Good luck!

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 19:49 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Wood
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-D
BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x
I use the skyline (NOT NEO) rubber as they are not bouncy .....
The others are to bouncy for me .. but if you have a slow blade it might be to slow.

Setup: Stiga Cybershape Wood / FH:Tibhar Evolution FX-D / BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 20:33 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Try to work on a softer touch perhaps with looser grip and more open blade in the short game.

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 23:37 

After reading a bit more about rubbers, I reckon that Speed property of the rubber is kind of indication of the rubber re-bounce potential. I guess I am looking for rubber with lower speed than 729 FX.
Manufacturers ob course are using numbers that cannot be compared and TT shops simply repeat the numbers that manufacturers supply....

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 02:44 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Wood
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-D
BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x
Zverev wrote:
After reading a bit more about rubbers, I reckon that Speed property of the rubber is kind of indication of the rubber re-bounce potential. I guess I am looking for rubber with lower speed than 729 FX.
Manufacturers ob course are using numbers that cannot be compared and TT shops simply repeat the numbers that manufacturers supply....

If it's the same brand you can have an idea which one is faster. But numbers from Donic are hard to compare with numbers from DHS.

Setup: Stiga Cybershape Wood / FH:Tibhar Evolution FX-D / BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 04:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Give DHS Hurricane 3 a try. It's main property (which endears itself to the top Chinese players) is that the ball just about dies on the racket face if you drop it. Yet you can generate significant speed and spin with it if you use the correct strokes and hit it hard enough. It's not for everyone - I gave up using it because I felt it was too slow - maybe using a faster blade might have helped, but I can't say I've found most rubbers (including Tibhar Evolution MX-P) too bouncy.

If you want something slightly slower than 729 Super FX try 1) the non-Super FX 729, 2) Yinhe 9000 or 3) Reactor Corbor, all of which cost about or less than $5 a sheet including shipping.

Another option (if you feel like spending a lot more money) would be soft Tensors, such as Donic Baracuda or Yasaka Rakza 7.

I would not recommend going with thinner sponge - you limit the amount of spin you can put on the ball that way, causing your topspin drives to miss the table.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 07:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Zverev wrote:
Hi all
Beginner here... did play before here and there but getting really obsessed now with TT jumping ship from big tennis.
I own a couple of pre-made but starting to experiment with custom blades and rubbers. I have started with 729 FX as it's cheap to experiment with.
It has tenfold better spin capability than my pre-made but it is also so BOUNCY!!!
The ball being dropped on the stationary racket with 729 bounces twice higher than on pre-made.
This property of 729 is currently killing me on short exchanges. Once the game moves away from the table I am good.
So I am looking for rubber with low rebounce, I don't even see such property listed.
Appreciate any pointers.
Thanks!!!
NUMBERS RULE THE UNIVERSE.
729 Friendship manufacturer, Tianjin Qiqiu Sports Goods Co., Ltd, is affiliated to RITC Research Rubber Institution Tianjin. This research institution is known to use Japan Hardness Scale (Shore A scale) for marking on their rubber products, and you could most likely find the numbers on the openside of sponge sheet/

Check the numbers beside the Haggis"s Table of Rubber Hardness
In the case of non-tensored sponges with microporous inner structure :
-- As a general rule, The Lower numbers indicate Less catapultive capacity of the rubber.

ATTENTION. ATTENTION PLEASE

-- For your better convenience, be sure you have done a convertation from Japan numbering (Shore A) to ESN numbering (Shore O scale) ; and the useful convertation Chart being enclosed there.

Be happy.

Last edited by igorponger on 19 May 2019, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 10:09 

So we are saying that speed or catapultive effect of the rubber directly proportional to hardness?

I can't recall I did come across similar table recently and have selected soft rubbers to try including Donic Barracuda and Donic Bluefire Big Slam. Donic Batrracuda has three entries in this table and Donic Bluefire Big Slam is not in the table.... I can't say I am developing a solid trust to the info provided there.

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 10:16 

Honestly after reading all the contradicting information on the net I was going to install Mark V, as it's almost universally recommended for beginners like myself.
Now I see it's a hard rubber, again, in accordance with the table above... hence with increased catapultive effect which I hate.

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 10:25 

Another table.
https://www.megaspin.net/store/redirect ... nd_filter=

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 10:35 

729 fx is a very slow non-bouncy rubber. You're better off investing money in coaching.

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 12:05 

How do you know I don't?
Making assumptions does not contribute to conversation and you don't really have to say anything.
I can see that 729 FX is way more bouncy than my pre-made.
So less bouncy rubbers do exist, trying to find one.
Selecting correct equipment does matter, have observed many times people got stuck with wrong gear unwilling to change.
Ruined their game.

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 15:13 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
If you want something slightly slower than 729 Super FX try 1) the non-Super FX 729, 2) Yinhe 9000 or 3) Reactor Corbor, all of which cost about or less than $5 a sheet including shipping.
Iskandar

I've been playing (it's been around a month) with a Reactor Corbor rubber, glued to an All rated blade (729 C-5), and I'll say it's one of most non-bouncy rubbers I've ever played with... Infact, when I did a bounce test, after gluing it on, I thought there's something wrong with the rubber or the way I'd glued it... The rubber excels at blocking, service returns, pushing, jabbing etc... I can even chop with it, even though my technique is all crap.. I feel it's good for keeping the ball in play... On the downside, it lacks in the kill department, unless ofcourse, you put considerable amount of muscle in it...

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 16:53 
Super User

You may also want to consider Reactor Ckylin. Non-bouncy (i.e. dead) and very slow but much spinnier than those pre-mades. Has good control too.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!