OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019, 05:17 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
NewDef wrote:
When I use glue on the Blade and then remove the Troublemaker, will the wood glue stick to the TM glue? Does it generate imperfections that hinders the reuse of TM in another blade?

If you use water based glue, rather than wood glue, you should have no problem.
The worse thing that can happen is that the glue sheet on the Troublemaker will come away from the rubber. If that happens, you then have Troublemaker without a glue sheet, so that should be easy to put onto another blade. You then just glue the blade and not the rubber. It should stick ok.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2019, 02:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I will be able to test TM very soon.My impression from all the hype is the rubber is safe to play,which I imagine it will be great to play against lps such as D'techs,GD Talon, etc.... any fastish lp will get trouble from Tm In rallies .

As far as the play against inverted , it seems the blade will play a special role here ( as in the rest of lps but with Tm the blade dependence appears to be greater ) .

We still can play great tt with lps ; it seems the new ball has made us reinvent ourselves.Just watched a recent video by pushblocker and I was glad to see he is attacking with the fh more . Reliance on a pip only game is a mistake in my view unless you buy an expensive anti and live on the spin reversal until the rubber goes dead and you pay over and over again .

Yes,you all should stop buying the FL antis, then and only then will they lower the price but You can of course do whaever you like with your money . :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2019, 02:58 

I have played with Troublemaker ox on different blades and find that the blade which suits me best, is all wood and weighs 91g. This is quite heavy, but this is best for me.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2019, 03:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
This was included in a sheet of Troublemaker OX that I recently purchased.

Attachments:
20190601_105557.jpg
20190601_105557.jpg [ 55.35 KiB | Viewed 1283 times ]

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2019, 23:38 

Blade: Clipper
FH: EL-P 1.7 mm
BH: Trouble Maker OX
Dr. Neubauer Trouble Maker (TM) black OX was tested vs. SpinLord Dornenglanz (DG) red OX and BTY Feint soft (FS) red OX.
The test was performed on Stiga Clipper, second side was Tibhar Evolution EL-P red 1.7 mm.
(Notations: > better or bigger, < worse or smaller, ~ similar)

Game elements

Block of the topspin near table: TM ~ DG > FS
Lift of push: TM ~ DG > FS
Attack against defense: TM ~ DG > FS
Defense: TM ~ DG < FS
Speed: TM < DG ~ FS
Softness: TM ~ FS > DG
Disturbing effect: TM ~ DG > FS
Reverse: TM ~ DG > FS
Overall control: TM > FS > DG

Summary: TM looks like control soft and slow LP efficient for the game near table using blocks and drives.
It can be used for the defense as well.
The rubber does not require high level skills and can be used by beginners as well.
Overall can be recommended to broad community of TT players using LP near table.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2019, 03:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

.....been training for hours and I must say Tm is very easy to play with,.... blocks are short and low, however, Spinlord DG is far superior in chop blocking ,.....more dangerous ,.... more trouble ;))))

Yes, it is very safe to play,... especially hitting no spin balls .... I like the low and short blocking,... and also, I can direct the ball to the corners in a very safe way,..... attacking back spin is great too with a good sinking effect ,.....

I think Tm needs an ALL + or off - blade to make it more dangerous,..... or wait until the rubber is more worn out ,....

Regarding classic defense, it is good too ,..the flight is low and great back spin ,....

In conclusion, great rubber but for high levels I think the blade should be stiff to increase reversal , .... of course, it seems reversal with lps will never be superior to Flantis unless the current ITTF regulations change ,.....

or,.. maybe a " customized " Tm could be a great idea ,.. but that is cheating,..whether you use the sun or the UV lights ,.... and Yes, playing outdoor tt is cheating too,.... because you know friction is lost ,.... and the pips become illegal,..... even if the regulations permit outdoor tt ,... you know the pips become illegal,....

Therefore,.... let´s forget about the hype of lps,... either the regulations change or we have to go the Flanti way to live on the lethal spin reversal ,.....

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2019, 14:20 
Super User

charmander defender wrote:
.I think Tm needs an ALL + or off - blade to make it more dangerous,..... or wait until the rubber is more worn out ,....

What blade did you play the TM on ?

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2019, 20:04 

ootbs wrote:
.I think Tm needs an ALL + or off - blade to make it more dangerous,..... or wait until the rubber is more worn out ,....

One of the benefits of Troublemaker ox, is its very good grip. This makes it easy to lift balls with backspin. You do not want less grip by treatment of the rubber, or by exposure to sunlight.
I play with the Zeus blade which is an all round blade, with a slightly faster forehand and I think the new diode blade would play equally as well.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2019, 21:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ootbs wrote:

TSP 2.5 balsa ( old version) and Sword 309 ,..... Sword 309 has been used , rather , for the chopping ability ,..... with Tsp great control on blocking , pushing, attacking back spin , hitting no spin but to increase reversal stiffer , outer plies are necessary in my view ,....

Anyway, TSP 2.5 + Tm is a great weapon based on control and safe attacks,.... but living on just reversal is not ok,.. you need to do more things ,.....

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2019, 21:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

jmkeynes wrote:
ootbs wrote:

One of the benefits of Troublemaker ox, is its very good grip. This makes it easy to lift balls with backspin. You do not want less grip by treatment of the rubber, or by exposure to sunlight.
I play with the Zeus blade which is an all round blade, with a slightly faster forehand and I think the new diode blade would play equally as well.

I agree,.... I meant treatment for other playing characteristics, In fact, there is a treated version of Tm on the market ALREADY !!!!! :lol: , FOR THOSE who love cheating in the amateur world,..... but as we know, what one thinks expands,... and sooner, rather than later, THEIR crying days will come ... :lol: ...... you play what you are,.....please,pips lovers, do not be cheaters ,... :angel:

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2019, 18:57 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
nathanso wrote:
Chopping off the table was effective but not devastatingly so, with spin not seeming to increase beyond the second exchange.

Probably not an issue if the first one doesn't come back. :D

How strong is the backspin on Chops compared to Dtechs ?
I Use Dtechs 0,9 for a chopping game so i really interested in a
Comparison on the two.
Also how does it play with sponge ?

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2019, 19:36 

The backspin on Troublemaker ox is probably not as strong as Dtec ox, but the control is much better. The grip on the Troublemaker is much better also.
I tried Troublemaker with 0.6 sponge and did not think it was as good as the ox version. Dtec 0.5 would be the better sponge alternative.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2019, 20:36 

When playing against higher skilled opponents, backspin and deception are not so important. They are better equipped to play against long pimples.
It is better to have control and consistency and the Troublemaker has these properties.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2019, 21:03 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
TM isn't deceptive at all. Reminds me of Meteor 8512 for the plastic ball. Maximum control, minimum deception. The direct opposite of DTecs, which has minimum control, max deception.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2019, 21:42 
Super User

Strange most other describe it as a Dtechs with good control.
I an really confused now :envy:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 36  Next