OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2019, 21:53 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Tenergy05fx wrote:
Strange most other describe it as a Dtechs with good control.
I an really confused now :envy:

I am agree with mynamenotbob, in my opinion TM doesn't play anything like D'Tecs.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2019, 22:37 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I don't know that "deceptive" is necessarily the right word for this rubber after thinking about it a bit. When defending, I don't think the opponents are confused by what they're getting (unless they don't understand how LPs work). But, what it does provide is a lot of spin reversal when playing an active game. The chop block provides a significant amount of reversal, especially after 3 or 4 against players who use slower, more spinny loops for consistency. Generally, if I chop block an attack and then my opponent tries to hit or loop the next one hard, they dump it into the net. So I do think in most cases the opponents do read what's coming, they just might not expect how heavy and slow the shots can be, which is what would provide any "deception". It's not the same "deception" as, say, the old frictionless LPs that could give random results to your opponents. When attacking, though, I've had a number of players comment about how difficult it is to lift the ball enough because hits are flatter than they expect. Now that I've played the TM for a while, I'm considering putting a sheet of D Tec S back on my blade and giving a more fresh comparison for myself.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2019, 23:39 
Super User

I am mainly chopping so I am just looking for a sponged pip that chops and hits very Well.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 02:02 

mynamenotbob wrote:
nathanso wrote:
I'm getting much better control/more spin from my TM OX after moving to a non-carbon blade. I believe this LP in OX plays better with a softer-faced blade, my current blade being a Cypress-Poplar-Cypress 3-ply from BBC.

I have an old BBC Ultra Blue Streak laying around that I never liked very much. I stuck TM OX on it tonight and gotta say it's really good on that blade. I've tested a number of standard LP blades with TM, and Ultra Blue Streak is by far the best. It takes hard hits really well and the control is spectacular. This combo might be something.

I tested Troublemaker OX red on a number of different blades: all wood, carbon, defensive, all round, offensive and the best and quite remarkable result achieved
with a set up: Butterfly Adnrjei Grubba All + with a Tenergy 67 1.7 as a forehand. A control on every type of shots with a Troublemaker is great. I could block passively
a slow topspin and a hard topspin drive quite easily with a little back spin or no spin . A chop block produces a dissent amount of spin and a low skidding ball which is uncomfortable to re-loop. A Troublemaker absorbs an incoming spin so I was able to play angles uncomfortable for the opponent. An opponent's flat pushes with an inverted rubber can be easily countered with a low and flat pass. At the end I would like to pass a message to MNNB. For many years I love reading your intelligent reviews on equipment. Your level of EJ I think is the record highest in our community as you get bored with a found nice set up in a very short period but this weakness is a beauty
of being EJ. As your brother I am asking please do not give up your addiction. :up: :clap:

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 07:31 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
redspot wrote:
At the end I would like to pass a message to MNNB. For many years I love reading your intelligent reviews on equipment. Your level of EJ I think is the record highest in our community as you get bored with a found nice set up in a very short period but this weakness is a beauty of being EJ. As your brother I am asking please do not give up your addiction. :up: :clap:

Thanks. Trying some new equipment tonight actually. The perfect setup might be just one rubber or blade away.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 08:27 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
jmkeynes wrote:
When playing against higher skilled opponents, backspin and deception are not so important. They are better equipped to play against long pimples.
It is better to have control and consistency and the Troublemaker has these properties.

I agree with your observation . That's why I am considering using TM for placement, continuous blocking and attacking safely ,..... maybe I will be switching back and forth between DG and TM....

What is also an advantage is the fact that in rallies long pimple vs long pimple TM is a winner against fast pips like Dtecs ,.. or Talon in both versions ...... something to be considered as well ......

I played against a club mate who used curl P1r ,. and I could attack his chops easily and consistently,..... so with TM there is no worry to play the pip against pip rallies,.....

I guess somebody has had the same impressions as me ,....

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 17:58 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
Rob M wrote:
Tenergy05fx wrote:
Strange most other describe it as a Dtechs with good control.
I an really confused now :envy:

I am agree with mynamenotbob, in my opinion TM doesn't play anything like D'Tecs.

TM feels quite different from Dtecs, more like Viper. You can feel the pips bending with TM, which absorb spin and speed. Dtecs feels more like elastic trampoline and the dwell is shorter. I think that with TM you can change the pace more easily, which is one form of deception. I found the many unknown opponent had big troubles with balls that stopped and jumped up instead of forward. With Dtecs you get more clearly forward bouncing balls that are often easier for average inverted players.

For chopping Dtecs 0.5 and TM ox are not that far apart. Thay are good when you are out of position and you can still save the ball. Both have problems with harder loops as Dtecs is fast and TM bottoms out. P1r is in theory much better with hard loops, but you must have great footwork to go with it. If you don't go far and low enough with P1r your are toast.

Lot of my opponents don't play looping game at all, so returning hard loops far away is just few % of the game for me. Serve returns are 10x more common, so it's much more important get serves back efficiently.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 18:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Roy wrote:
TM feels quite different from Dtecs, more like Viper. You can feel the pips bending with TM, which absorb spin and speed. Dtecs feels more like elastic trampoline and the dwell is shorter. I think that with TM you can change the pace more easily, which is one form of deception. I found the many unknown opponent had big troubles with balls that stopped and jumped up instead of forward. With Dtecs you get more clearly forward bouncing balls that are often easier for average inverted players.

For chopping Dtecs 0.5 and TM ox are not that far apart. Thay are good when you are out of position and you can still save the ball. Both have problems with harder loops as Dtecs is fast and TM bottoms out. P1r is in theory much better with hard loops, but you must have great footwork to go with it. If you don't go far and low enough with P1r your are toast.

Lot of my opponents don't play looping game at all, so returning hard loops far away is just few % of the game for me. Serve returns are 10x more common, so it's much more important get serves back efficiently.

That's a very perceptive summary Roy, I agree with you completely! :clap:

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 18:42 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
How would TM compare to Hellfire? Speed, spin sensitivity, reversal, passive blocking etc.

Anyone used both?

I'm thinking of trying TM but do have a sheet of Hellfire that I haven't used yet.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 19:38 

Dusty054 wrote:
How would TM compare to Hellfire? Speed, spin sensitivity, reversal, passive blocking etc.

Anyone used both?

I'm thinking of trying TM but do have a sheet of Hellfire that I haven't used yet.

Hellfire was good in an era of celluloid ball by providing a good control and decent reversal and deception.
I played Hellfire on Ross Leidy custom made blade with a bamboo outer ply and even won National
Vets over 60. I think it is a pretty useless with the plastic ball which is bigger and softer.
If you wish to go with Troublemaker then try it on thin all round plus wooden blades (with a medium hard outer ply)
which will provide a decent reversal, dwell time and enough of speed for backend and forehand.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 09:56 

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Grass Dtechs
Today my rubbers have arrived (Troublemaker ox and Elite Long ox), I just stick the rubbers, maybe tomorrow I'll play.

About a glue (I hate glue ox pips):

Elite Long:
- I loved it, very easy.
- It comes with a plastic sheet on the pips that makes gluing much easier.

Troublemaker
- I hated my first contact.
- It already comes with a glue sheet, and instructs you to glue the blade(and the sheet), but I just passed the blade.
- At the time of applying the rubber became crooked and when I took out the glue sheet was impregnated with the glue of the wood. :envy:
- I put glue back on the wood and before drying I applied the rubber, it will make it look good.
- I should have glued without using glue, I think it would be easier to correct the mistake.

Sorry for my poor English, feel free to correct me.

Attachment:
62348550_2290162814395567_4608639383375970304_n.jpg
62348550_2290162814395567_4608639383375970304_n.jpg [ 124.49 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]

Last edited by NewDef on 14 Jun 2019, 00:51, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 17:32 

NewDef wrote:
Today my rubbers have arrived (Troublemaker ox and Elite Long ox), I just stick the rubbers, maybe tomorrow I'll play.

About a glue (I hate glue ox pips):

Elite Long:
- I loved it, very easy.
- It comes with a plastic sheet on the pips that makes gluing much easier.

Troublemaker
- I hated my first contact.
- It already comes with a glue sheet, and instructs you to glue the wood (and the sheet), but I just passed the wood.
- At the time of applying the rubber became crooked and when I took out the glue sheet was impregnated with the glue of the wood. :envy:
- I put glue back on the wood and before drying I applied the rubber, it will make it look good.
- I should have glued without using glue, I think it would be easier to correct the mistake.

Sorry for my poor English, feel free to correct me.

Attachment:
62348550_2290162814395567_4608639383375970304_n.jpg

Dear New Def, next time apply glue to the blade but not to a rubber sheet then let glue to dry completely.
it takes around 20 minutes depends on a temperature in the room. Thereafter stick a lower part of the rubber
to the blade and carefully roll it onto the blade. If you have a properly sealed blade then gluing the blade
is not necessary.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 22:26 

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Grass Dtechs
Redspot,

I made it (apply glue to the blade but not to a rubber sheet).

It lacked my ability to put the rubber.

I removed the glue sheet and today I glue it again using my glue sheet. I'll try to be more careful.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2019, 00:06 

NewDef wrote:
Redspot,

I made it (apply glue to the blade but not to a rubber sheet).

It lacked my ability to put the rubber.

I removed the glue sheet and today I glue it again using my glue sheet. I'll try to be more careful.

I order to secure a good result (next time) please use a double sided wax paper i.e. cover a sticky side of Troublemaker sheet
but leave open about 2 -3 cm at the bottom, Then stick the open part to the blade. A next step - lift the rubber together with wax paper
up and simultaneously peeling bit by bit and sticking rubber to the blade until wax paper will be off,

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2019, 05:16 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
May I ask if anyone is testing TM with an OFF-, OFF + BLADE?

How does it perform? at the moment I have no off blades to test it....... I guess TM could be a bit more dangerous with the speed of the blade and stiffer outer plies .
8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 36  Next