OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 04:04 

Blade: Galaxy Children's Carbon
FH: Nittaku Moristo DF 1.3mm
BH: Yinhe Neptune .7mm
Got my camera in and surprisingly figured out how to work it!

I have a sheet of the 1.5mm Sandwind coming, trying to get a little more funky effect.

Need to train all strokes in general, I have played with regular inverted on my forehand for the past 42 years so totally adjusting to the Sandwind will take some time.

I don't know how to post videos on youtube so until I figure that out I guess my filming is for myself. But it will be fun to finally see how I play with the current set-up.

Should have the thinner rubber by Friday.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 17:54 

Blade: Galaxy Children's Carbon
FH: Nittaku Moristo DF 1.3mm
BH: Yinhe Neptune .7mm
It appears the Sandwind is going to be a love/hate relationship, trying out the 1.5mm on Friday, we shall see.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2019, 05:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
flipper4pipper wrote:
It appears the Sandwind is going to be a love/hate relationship, trying out the 1.5mm on Friday, we shall see.

You will have more control, much less speed ..... you need an off - blade for your BH if you attack well ,.... chops safer too ,..... I like SW ,... good to receive serves,.. you can add spin,.... just be careful with speedy side spin because it can bottom out if the angle is wrong ,.....

I attack back spin great with 1.5 mm,...... also, the rubber is durable,..... great work by Spinlord !! :clap:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 07:50 

Blade: Hallmark Combinat
FH: Donic Slice CD
BH: Friendship 563
Hello. I have a chance to try Sandwind for a few hours. I have three blades - Hallmark Combination, Victas Koji Matsushita Special and BTY Joo Se Hyuk.
Which blade would you recommend for the test? I would like to try it on BH for controlled play and attack. Thank you.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 08:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

kuko61 wrote:
Hello. I have a chance to try Sandwind for a few hours. I have three blades - Hallmark Combination, Victas Koji Matsushita Special and BTY Joo Se Hyuk.
Which blade would you recommend for the test? I would like to try it on BH for controlled play and attack. Thank you.

If you use SW in 1.5 mm , you will have great control with any of those blades.SW needs an off blade for more attacking possibilites and also you need to use it in 1.8 or better in 2.0 , so , in my view, you are safe testing SW in 1.5 . I have been using SW in 1,5 in off - blade and the speed went up only a little bit .

A great thing about SW. It is cheap and very durable :)

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 08:32 

Thank you for your response. I forgot to write, I have a Sandwind with a 1.8mm sponge.
JSH and VKMS are blades for defenders, but they are fast. Hallmark Combination is an all - off combination blade with Balsa core.
I have doubts about the suitability of JSH blade, because it is stiff.
According to your opinion, is for Sandwind more suitable stiff blade, or blade with some flex?

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 08:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

kuko61 wrote:
Thank you for your response. I forgot to write, I have a Sandwind with a 1.8mm sponge.
JSH and VKMS are blades for defenders, but they are fast. Hallmark Combination is an all - off combination blade with Balsa core.
I have doubts about the suitability of JSH blade, because it is stiff.
According to your opinion, is for Sandwind more suitable stiff blade, or blade with some flex?

I would then use the Hallmark and blades with some flex , then you will have great control , however, I would try to use SW in 1.5 if what you want is to have the best possible control .

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 09:01 

Thank you for your advice, I test Sandwind with Halmark blade :) I have a rubber borrowed from a friend, so I only available a thickness of 1.8mm.
If I will be satisfied with the rubber, maybe I buy one with 1.5mm sponge.