OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2019, 06:15 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
charmander defender wrote:
May I ask if anyone is testing TM with an OFF-, OFF + BLADE?

How does it perform? at the moment I have no off blades to test it....... I guess TM could be a bit more dangerous with the speed of the blade and stiffer outer plies .
8)

Troublemaker has good control and grip and is slow. These characteristics contribute to its effectiveness. On an all round blade, Troublemaker ox performs very well.
If a offensive blade was used with Troublemaker, I believe these advantages would be lost.
I would be interested to find out if this is the case.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2019, 09:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I've tried TM OX on some very fast BBC blades. The slower/softer the blade, the better TM OX performs, especially with generating backspin. Mind you, none of these blades were what you'd call flexible, and even the slowest isn't slower than ALL+, in my best estimate.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2019, 20:51 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
There are off and off + blades with decent control . I guess the key thing is the outer plies ..... TM being slow can be more danderous due to the added speed of the blade ,..... that's the idea I'm trying to convey here .

:angel:

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2019, 21:43 

The blade which I use, is a combination, which has a faster forehand than the backhand. With Troublemaker on the backhand, I have the control and slowness and on the forehand, which is still all round, I play with max offensive rubber to give me the speed and spin, but still have control.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2019, 01:18 

How does it perform? at the moment I have no off blades to test it....... I guess TM could be a bit more dangerous with the speed of the blade and stiffer outer plies .
8)

I tested Troublemaker on Viscaria (Hurricane 3 on a forehand side) and it played with a good control, with a very flat rebound but longer than on Grubba All+.
Playing Troublemaker on an offensive blades you will play more rhythm game which suits an attacker so if you are possess a good long pimples attack then the above mentioned set up will be very effective as Troublemaker is great on Viscaria for an active attacking backend. With a right technic it is even possible to counter an opponent
topspin. Nathanso mentioned blades with a soft feel. Viscaria is a stiff and at the same time a thin blade with a soft feel. Playing unboosted Hurricane 3 Provincial on Viscaria produces every component of the game with high marks. But unfortunately for me as a veteran player in my late 60th this set up requires to much physicality.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2019, 08:54 
Super User

redspot wrote:

8)

I tested Troublemaker on Viscaria (Hurricane 3 on a forehand side) and it played with a good control, with a very flat rebound but longer than on Grubba All+.

All you say was what I previously thought about TM on an off blade, thank you for the info,..however, I am more interested to know about the effectiveness of chop blocking,...if spin reversal is icreased or not,.... or if the added speed makes TM more inconvenient for the opponent,.....with the current limits for long pips,... finding the right blade is paramount as the rubber in itself is no longer enough ,..... :sweat: ..... hence,.... a combination of defence and attack is necessary, at least at the levels when things start to get serious ,...

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2019, 18:13 

redspot wrote:

8)

All you say was what I previously thought about TM on an off blade, thank you for the info,..however, I am more interested to know about the effectiveness of chop blocking,...if spin reversal is icreased or not,.... or if the added speed makes TM more inconvenient for the opponent,.....with the current limits for long pips,... finding the right blade is paramount as the rubber in itself is no longer enough ,..... :sweat: ..... hence,.... a combination of defence and attack is necessary, at least at the levels when things start to get serious ,...

As far as I understood you are enquiring about suitability and more benefits for a push blocking style out of using TM on offensive blade. I would say: No. Why I am so sure?
Because I play close to the table. I am very seasoned EJ and would love to find so called a perfect set up for my style. So far if, I do not count on treated LPs, the best
set up for my game is Butterfly Grubba All+ blade with TM and Tenergy 64 1.7mm. This set up allows me to contain and control the attacks of an opponent, slow dawn the game and to execute my own attacking game as Tenergy 64mm plays great on this blade. But the table tennis world consists from millions of individuals so the best way is a very expensive way to prove what is the best set up for you i.e. to join a club of EJs and to carry out your own test on different blades. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2019, 18:33 

jmkeynes wrote:
I have played with Troublemaker ox on different blades and find that the blade which suits me best, is all wood and weighs 91g. This is quite heavy, but this is best for me.

According to your signature equipment you play TM on S&T Zeus. As far as I know that Sauer & Troger Zeus blade has three wood plies and two of thin carbon in it.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2019, 19:01 

redspot wrote:
jmkeynes wrote:
I have played with Troublemaker ox on different blades and find that the blade which suits me best, is all wood and weighs 91g. This is quite heavy, but this is best for me.

According to your signature equipment you play TM on S&T Zeus. As far as I know that Sauer & Troger Zeus blade has three wood plies and two of thin carbon in it.

Yes, the Zeus blade has two additional vaneers of ideal UD carbon, as well as vaneers of Japanese woods. The forehand is a bit faster than the backhand and it's playing characteristics are AR/AR+.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2019, 21:15 
Super User

As far as I understood you are enquiring about suitability and more benefits for a push blocking style out of using TM on offensive blade. I would say: No.

It seems you suggest the only way to find out about the perfect set up is to spend a lot of money on different blades or rubbers . Well, what's the point of this forum then? ...

Thanks to the contributions of hundreds of users people have been able to more easily find rubbers / blades that suit their style . Yes, I agree some money has to be spent but if it weren't for this forum, many people would be at a loss .

There are many users with the same style, hence, their observations do guide others who start in the game or just want to keep finding the set up that yields the best results . We, as long pimple lovers , are very limited by the curent regulations,..... Using treated pips is a temptation, yes,... but it reveals what one truly is,.....unless you are a professional player who lives on tt, treated pips is just a way to fool yourself and make illegal sites richer ,....

I do believe we can find an off / off + blade to optimize TM in the chopblocking department, ... Tm is very slow, the increased speed will make the opponent lose timing, or make more mistakes ,..

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2019, 23:20 

As far as I understood you are enquiring about suitability and more benefits for a push blocking style out of using TM on offensive blade. I would say: No.

It seems you suggest the only way to find out about the perfect set up is to spend a lot of money on different blades or rubbers . Well, what's the point of this forum then? ...

Thanks to the contributions of hundreds of users people have been able to more easily find rubbers / blades that suit their style . Yes, I agree some money has to be spent but if it weren't for this forum, many people would be at a loss .

There are many users with the same style, hence, their observations do guide others who start in the game or just want to keep finding the set up that yields the best results . We, as long pimple lovers , are very limited by the curent regulations,..... Using treated pips is a temptation, yes,... but it reveals what one truly is,.....unless you are a professional player who lives on tt, treated pips is just a way to fool yourself and make illegal sites richer ,....

I do believe we can find an off / off + blade to optimize TM in the chopblocking department, ... Tm is very slow, the increased speed will make the opponent lose timing, or make more mistakes ,..

You are slightly misinterpreting my thoughts for your reasons. As the every player is very individual in his physic, a skill level, a temperament and in other particles of the game of table tennis it is a risk to undertake a particular equipment which serves to another individual. It is why the observations and suggestions posted in this and other forums are indicative, will not be precise answers on your questions. In order to find out if a novelty set up discovered by somebody else is going to serve you as well there is no other way than to test it by yourselves. Regarding a suitable type of blade please read a very encouraging review about a TM on page 5 of this topic posted under name maric91 by a classy Swedish player of our style Marko Maric. He uses Stiga Hypertech CR 35/45 which is a treated Allround Classic. I wish you a good luck in finding your ultimate weapon :Defense: :Defense: :Defense:

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 01:44 
Super User

redspot wrote:

You are slightly misinterpreting my thoughts for your reasons. As the every player is very individual in his physic, a skill level, a temperament and in other particles of the game of table tennis it is a risk to undertake a particular equipment which serves to another individual. It is why the observations and suggestions posted in this and other forums are indicative, will not be precise answers on your questions. In order to find out if a novelty set up discovered by somebody else is going to serve you as well there is no other way than to test it by yourselves. Regarding a suitable type of blade please read a very encouraging review about a TM on page 5 of this topic posted under name maric91 by a classy Swedish player of our style Marko Maric. He uses Stiga Hypertech CR 35/45 which is a treated Allround Classic. I wish you a good luck in finding your ultimate weapon :Defense: :Defense: :Defense:

I am not going to complicate things...... of course, you have to test your own set up,.... but advice from people using your style is important to decide if you opt for testing a particular set up,...

Yes, I read maric 91 post,.. I don´t like the negative energy from his post,.... things about people crying again or the F*** thing,..... defenders have their own statregy,..those who complain is because they don't know how to attack,... period,..there is no need to be aggressive when talking,....

...... and I don't care if he is so good a player or has beaten good players,.. just his negative energy and narcisism is not right ,.... period .

,..and finally, he does not talk how TM behaves in the chopblocking department,... we need to know if TM improves on a fast blade,..period...... life is simpler, mate :angel:

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 02:04 

redspot wrote:

I am not going to complicate things...... of course, you have to test your own set up,.... but advice from people using your style is important to decide if you opt for testing a particular set up,...

Yes, I read maric 91 post,.. I don´t like the negative energy from his post,.... things about people crying again or the F*** thing,..... defenders have their own statregy,..those who complain is because they don't know how to attack,... period,..there is no need to be aggressive when talking,....

...... and I don't care if he is so good a player or has beaten good players,.. just his negative energy and narcisism is not right ,.... period .

,..and finally, he does not talk how TM behaves in the chopblocking department,... we need to know if TM improves on a fast blade,..period...... life is simpler, mate :angel:

I can see you are your own man so stick to your guts. Good luck

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 02:46 

I have a Dr Neubauer High Technology plus offensive blade, which is said to have good control.
Dr Neubauer's advertising states that it enables very effective attacking with long pimples, through pushing, lifting and counterattacking.
I will test Troublemaker ox, on this blade and let you know the results and also compare it with slower blades.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 04:41 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
All you say was what I previously thought about TM on an off blade, thank you for the info,..however, I am more interested to know about the effectiveness of chop blocking,...if spin reversal is icreased or not,.... or if the added speed makes TM more inconvenient for the opponent,.....

From my past experiences I would say that "added speed" has not worked for me the way intented. I have Firewall+ blade which is quite fast with ox pips. First when I try it, fast balls seem indeed to cause troubles to the opponent. Then the the opponent adjusts and the advantage is gone. Next I find that I make way too many easy mistakes, because of the speed. And eventually I find that I can only play very one dimensional semi-fast shots. With slower blade I have to make speed by myself, but the control is much better than with faster blade.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 36  Next