OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 05:29 
Super User

+1 Roy. I too don't feel comfortable and confident playing OX pips on fast blades. I much prefer slower blades because they offer better control :rock:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 00:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
TTbuddy wrote:
+1 Roy. I too don't feel comfortable and confident playing OX pips on fast blades. I much prefer slower blades because they offer better control :rock:

It seems your strategy is lke the insurance companys' . Winning in a safe way . :lol: , which ,by the way I agree with, but at more serious levels, we, defenders , must attack at a certain time in the rally . 8)

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 03:43 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
That's a good point, and why I love the Donic Defplay Senso blade. It's a defensive blade that's slightly oversized, but I can still attack effectively with it, either by looping on my forehand or hitting with long pips.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 04:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

dwruck wrote:
That's a good point, and why I love the Donic Defplay Senso blade. It's a defensive blade that's slightly oversized, but I can still attack effectively with it, either by looping on my forehand or hitting with long pips.

With Tm we can combine attack and defense in a safe way,..... if TM could deliver the same spin reversal as DG,..it would be perfect,...but a slow pip with huge spin reversal may not be achieved with the current regulations,..unless the manufacturers are allowed a certain treatment of the rubber or lengthen the pips,..... period,.... the rest is hype,... and marketing,....

With Tm we cannot win easy points as with DG for example,.... but Tm allows you to play with tactics in a safe way,..... , which I like a lot,...... those seeking wins by easy errors from the opponents should avoid Tm,..... the days of Superblock like easy points is gone forever,.... defend,.. be smart and when they deliver a high ball,... attack safely,... this will lead you to victories,....

:lol:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 05:40 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
jmkeynes wrote:
I have a Dr Neubauer High Technology plus offensive blade, which is said to have good control.
Dr Neubauer's advertising states that it enables very effective attacking with long pimples, through pushing, lifting and counterattacking.
I will test Troublemaker ox, on this blade and let you know the results and also compare it with slower blades.

I played with this offensive blade last night and had TM ox on the backhand and Tenergy O5 with 1.7 on the forehand. I thought that the Tenergy 1.7 would be more controllable!
I found that TM on the offensive blade was alright, but not as good as on the slower blades, but the forehand was still too fast and I had little control. Maybe I will try another rubber on the forehand and test again.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2019, 04:35 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2019, 04:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:

Just watched the video,.. the guy using Tm uses an off blade that seems unsuitable for TM,....I did not like how the blade performed,...

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2019, 05:05 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
charmander defender wrote:
Just watched the video,.. the guy using Tm uses an off blade that seems unsuitable for TM,....I did not like how the blade performed,...

I've tried that exact same setup. Didn't like it either. In fact, haven't liked TM on any blade yet. Good control, but the balls it sends back are sitting ducks, fish in a barrel, teed up, etc.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2019, 07:31 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

Hi Guys,

Maybe I should post a video or something, because I use TM OX on a very fast blade (the Xiom ALX Icecream) - to what I feel is real success.

I find I can control to an extent the level of reversal with my grip and bat angle quite well. It's not as "varied" as P1R is, but I find that the flexibility of it and ability to attack backspin with pace and direction makes it a winner for me.

If I were to be playing a Chop oriented game, I'd probably still stick with P1R. But TM has a really great allround capability that I just find really enjoyable to use.

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2019, 18:55 

mynamenotbob wrote:

I've tried that exact same setup. Didn't like it either. In fact, haven't liked TM on any blade yet. Good control, but the balls it sends back are sitting ducks, fish in a barrel, teed up, etc.

MNNB,try it on Grubba All+ which provides a crispy feel(outer ply is anigre with yanka hardness of 940, excellent control and good reversal after a chop block. A forehand rubber should not be thicker then 1.7mm. Grubba All+ was (is) used by a one of the best players of our style - Stefan Kostadinovich(there are some of his games in video section of this forum).
You will be able to block of the bounce and use angles to unsettle an opponent. I like a feel of your current blade CWX but it is to bouncy as it is more suitable for chopping
and attacking from the distance.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2019, 00:28 

There are off and off + blades with decent control . I guess the key thing is the outer plies ..... TM being slow can be more danderous due to the added speed of the blade ,..... that's the idea I'm trying to convey here .

:angel:

CharDef I found something for you i.e. A set is as follows: Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon (straight handle) plus Skyline 3 -60 Mid Hard and TM.
The above blade has very good dampening effect so a control is great. An outer ply of anigre (yanka hardness 900+) and a middle ply limba support a very good
dwell and reversal on chop blocks. This effect enhanced by a thin carbon layer which is hidden between middle ply and a core.
A forehand rubber plays very sweat i.e. a control is awesome, good spin on serves, chops and topspin shots. Although it requires as a usual Chinese tacky
rubber a bit of physic to speed up the shot.
This blade (OFF-) helped the world finalist Matthias Falk to have a controlled game against great Ma Long. A price wise this blade is an absolute bargain in
comparison with Offensive blades of the latest release by all manufacturers including DHS.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2019, 01:41 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
My game with Troublemaker ox, on an all round blade is being able to control my opponent. I cannot do this with an offensive blade.
If playing an attacking opponent, I try to stop them by taking their attacks on my backhand using Troublemaker with blocks and chops. Eventually their attack either breaks down or I get a ball for me to attack and win the point.
If my opponent is mainly defensive, I can control the game by rolling with the Troublemaker, since it has very good grip and then attacking with the Troublemaker or with my inverted forehand rubber.
I have tried various offensive blades with Troublemaker and with my style of play, an all round blade suits me best.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2019, 07:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

It seems it is not easy to find an off blade suitable for TM .Maybe, ALL / ALL + is the perfect set up with a thin sponge not superior to 1.5 mm ....

People who talk about Tm not being dangerous enough may be right for the moment .. we need to know what happens as it ages...., however, Tm appears to have been created to make trouble by consistency, low blocks, easier attacks, good sinking effect .....

Tm seems not to have been created to live on deadly spin reversal only ,.... hence, a new style must be used,......as I have said in other posts,..regulations must change to " legally " live on spin reversal only with long pips ..... in my view, at present, the best rubbers for chop blocking are DG and GD National team .... but they have problems when dealing with long fast no spin balls, or,.. short no spin balls close to the net,..some pushes do go long, even with DEF blades ,.... , which means, receiving serves with inverted / anti is a must ,.....

...Been playing against higher level players,.. most of them serve very fast long no spin balls to the pips,... then, they attack the weak second ball ,....I lost some matches 2-3, due to this strategy,...which made me think about receiving with the anti on some occasions ,.... and they told me the anti made them lose timing,.. and could not attack the second ball,..... :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2019, 07:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

redspot wrote:
There are off and off + blades with decent control . I guess the key thing is the outer plies ..... TM being slow can be more danderous due to the added speed of the blade ,..... that's the idea I'm trying to convey here .

CharDef I found something for you i.e. A set is as follows: Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon (straight handle) plus Skyline 3 -60 Mid Hard and TM.
The above blade has very good dampening effect so a control is great. An outer ply of anigre (yanka hardness 900+) and a middle ply limba support a very good
dwell and reversal on chop blocks. This effect enhanced by a thin carbon layer which is hidden between middle ply and a core.
A forehand rubber plays very sweat i.e. a control is awesome, good spin on serves, chops and topspin shots. Although it requires as a usual Chinese tacky
This blade (OFF-) helped the world finalist Matthias Falk to have a controlled game against great Ma Long. A price wise this blade is an absolute bargain in
comparison with Offensive blades of the latest release by all manufacturers including DHS.

Thank you for the info,.... I will try to find the Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon,...in the meantime, I will be playing in a tournament tomorrow where I will meet high level players,... this will be a good opportunity to test TM ,.....What it can offer when things do get serious ,...... :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2019, 16:24 

redspot wrote:

Thank you for the info,.... I will try to find the Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon,...in the meantime, I will be playing in a tournament tomorrow where I will meet high level players,... this will be a good opportunity to test TM ,.....What it can offer when things do get serious ,...... :lol:

Good luck :Chop: :topspin: :Chop: :topspin: :cash: Please post your impression about TM tested at the pressure of the tournament

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 36  Next