OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2019, 04:35 

Hi,

LONG PIPS, BLADE, FOREHAND RUBBER? That's the million dollar question!

Any Spanish speaking players willing to find out?

Spasibo!

Vadim

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2019, 07:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
https://revspin.net/user/Frutz.html

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2019, 14:31 

WTF...people r freaking weird around here. :ninja: :dance:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2019, 21:19 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
He has tried a lot of long pips per his reviews at revspin.

The last one he reviewed was Butterfly Feint Soft, maybe that is what he is using.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2019, 00:20 

Blade: Nittaku ANV WN
FH: DHS 652 1,8 red
BH: Yinhe Pluto 1,0 black
Looked some videos from Deym at youtube.
I´m convinced the long pips are simply treated.
Plays like an old Neubauer Superblock with immense spin reversal.
Look the video against Heverton Braz.

Alex

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2019, 00:54 

peterpong wrote:
https://revspin.net/user/Frutz.html

Thank you. What about BLADE + FOREHAND RUBBER? $1000000???

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2019, 04:08 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I really don't understand why some people are interested in this player ..... what can you learn from his style? or maybe someone wants to know about the "magic" of his set up . :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2019, 11:53 

charmander defender wrote:
I really don't understand why some people are interested in this player ..... what can you learn from his style? or maybe someone wants to know about the "magic" of his set up . :lol:

Oh..you so funny. I laugh so hard... my stomach hurts! :P I laugh about 2600-2800 players you play with. Tell me more so I can laugh more... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2019, 18:02 
Super User

Vadim wrote:
charmander defender wrote:

Oh..you so funny. I laugh so hard... my stomach hurts! :P I laugh about 2600-2800 players you play with. Tell me more so I can laugh more... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

..it seems you do not understand my posts..... if you really think I am interested in negative comments, then, that´s fine, think what you will,....if you think I am here to lie, ok, think what you will ,....what is clearly obvious is that the so called F. Deym has very little to offer regarding style and strategy in the game ...... no, I do not consider myself funny,.... and I do apologise for your stomach ache ....

.... sometimes it is great to have a laugh ..... and see how some forum members take the comments to heart ....., sorry if you felt hurt,... just want to add some fun here with no hard feelings

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2019, 12:14 

I am playing the violin right now. A sad Russian melody in honor of your last post.... :( :sweat: :'(
I prefer you make me laugh with playing against 2600-2800 players! :D
If you don't see the talent of Federico Deym...I think because you play with 2600-2800 players.... :rofl:

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2019, 12:48 

deym is from argentina like me. he is using a treated spinlord dornenglanz. i think is a chemical treatment but not sure wich one. that player causes a lot of controversy in the local area but he is a good person

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2019, 18:21 
Super User

dariowai wrote:
deym is from argentina like me. he is using a treated spinlord dornenglanz. i think is a chemical treatment but not sure wich one. that player causes a lot of controversy in the local area but he is a good person

I agree with you, the chemical treatment is obvious.....I do not agree he is such a good person because if he were, he would not be competing with a treated rubber,.....unless he only competes in non official games, which does not seem to be the case according to the youtube matches, for example , the video against Heverton Braz, mentioned by Murruk.....by the way , he lost the game 3-4,....

..... and finally, my dear Vadim, this is the last time I will be referring to you because it appears you keep on not understanding my intention in this forum, ...... it is great you keep on laughing , however, I suggest you cut off your sarcasm,....I repeat, you do not believe me, great, think what you will.... and finally, I see zero style in your beloved Federico Deym, zero strategy,... he just uses an official but obviously treated rubber,... he doesn't even have a strategy in the service,.just the same over and over again and then,..he simply uses the obviously treated rubber to get points,.....if you call this talent ,..ok,... then, he is very talented indeed ,.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2019, 23:23 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
The problem I have with players like this is, they give long pips a bad reputation. This is why long pips players get put down by other players as "cheaters" or not having any skill. It takes a lot of skill to play well with long pips, but guys like this make it look like any 5 year old that can stay upright and get the ball back can be high level because of them. It's a bit embarrassing to watch, actually. Just my two cents.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2019, 00:58 

"I do not agree he is such a good person..."

...haters gonna hate... :devil:

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2019, 02:12 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I have to disagree with the tenor of some of the comments being made here about this guy lacking talent because he's using what, in essence, is a frictionless or close-to-frictionless rubber.

To be clear, I play with 100% legal, untreated pips, despite the well-known fact that many inverted players regularly boost their rubbers. I would say that these inverted players who boost are cheaters, but I would never say that they lack talent if they compete at a high level. The same holds true of Federico Deym. He might be cheating if he's treating his long pips rubber, but if you think you can just get frictionless pips and quickly rise into the ranks of the table tennis elites, you have another thing coming. The suggestion that frictionless pips require no skill or talent to play is a total myth. Ask anyone here who previously played with such pips before the 2008 frictionless ban went into effect. You still have to recognize spin, have to know how to handle no-spin -- which is a vulnerability for this style of play -- have to have very quick reflexes and lots of touch and, in general, have to know what you're doing.

I play one guy at my club regularly who plays with a frictionless long-pips one-sided penhold blade. He uses an old Saviga V rubber that has zero friction, and he's been called on it at sanctioned tournaments more than once. He doesn't care. I beat this guy regularly because I understand what to do, but there are many double-inverted players who lose to him and, frankly, I don't feel like he's beating them by cheating, but rather, through a combination of his skill and their lack of understanding and strategy. As far as I'm concerned, this is one of those things where it's illegal because it's illegal (the questionable history of why frictionless pips were banned in part due to a petty personal between Dr. Neubauer and Eberhard Schoeler has been documented by others, so I won't go into it) but not because there's really anything wrong with it. So, personally, although I like to preserve the integrity of being able to say I play by the rules, I have no real issue with people who cheat to get around a silly rule that should never have been implemented. Nor do I think they lack talent!

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX