OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 12:22 
DHS Staff

bobpuls wrote:
Thanks for the answers Felix.
Felix wrote:
2. Not heard of H9 rubber by now. May I know where did you know about this?

About the H9 i know it from ITTF.
It is in LIST OF AUTHORIZED RACKET COVERINGS from ITTF, for some years now ... it was added together with H8 so this is why i`m asking
https://ittf.cdnomega.com/eu/2019/05/LARC-2019A-FINAL.pdf

And one more question

How many (approximately) version of Tg2 provincial are on the market available per year .... because i really like it and i want to continue with this rubber. ;-)
Robert

Hi Robert, thank you for the info and sharp eye on the list! :D I have talked to my colleague from marketing dept, but there is no firm schedule of H9 rubber yet. Once it is released, I am sure you will know it.

About Tg provincial rubber, we are now offering both Tg2 and Tg3 two types for the market. I am glad to know that you like the rubber and thank you again for your love in DHS!

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 12:44 
DHS Staff

Debater wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Note: The full DHS interview can be found here, but all the Q & A and copied below for convenience.

DHS Equipment Questions:
Hurricane Rubbers:

Some of your rubbers, like Hurricane, have a sponge hardness on the package. Is this hardness measured for each rubber sheet, or do you make a large quantity of rubbers with all the same hardness?
Normally, we have all rubbers labeled with hardness on the package. We measure the sponge hardness instead of top sheet for each rubber. Not each batch of rubber has the same hardness, so we will pick up the sponge and measure its hardness and allocate it to the corresponding hardness.

Thank you for pulling this together and for the replies. I find this answer particularly intriguing and raises further questions.

So hardness is measured in terms of the sponge only, not the rubber topsheet.

1. What is the thickness of the sponge that DHS test the hardness on before it's cut down to 1.9, 2.1mm etc thickness and the topsheet added?

2. What hardness scale do DHS use in terms of measurement of hardness. Not the equipment, but the actual standard of hardness measurement DHS use? I think haggisv uses either the Sure O or D scale?

3. If each batch of rubber has different hardnesses, what are the tolerances DHS operate under before the listing of sponge hardness becomes irrelevant because the rubber topsheet hardness changes the performance characteristics of the combined sponge/rubber combination so much. Consistency is often sought by players but if it is now accepted for their to be a wide tolerance in topsheet hardness, ensuring some type of consistency in quality when buying a DHS rubber becomes pot luck depending on which batch to rubber topsheet is used on the sheets you are buying.

4. Have DHS found variations in the hardness of an authorised rubber topsheet (eg Hurricane 3 Neo - two topsheets, both sold as Hurricane 3 neo but both with different rubber hardness) result in different playing characteristics when combined with the same hardness sponge and if so in what way. EG does a slightly harder Hurricane 3 neo topsheet play much different to slightly softer Hurricane 3 neo topsheet when combined with the same hardness sponge?

I'd be fascinated to know the answers to these which shouldn't, with the exception of question 3, fall under "company policy"?

Hi, first I would thank you for the insightful questions. You understand right about what I replied previously.

We actually measure the thickness and hardness of sponge for each rubber. The top sheet is made under the same criteria according to specific rubber type.

1. This question is related to our production method and is not able to answer.

2. About the measure stand of rubber, we adopt Shore A for most of rubbers and Shore C for Goldarc rubbers.

3. Like I have explained, we measure the thickness as well as hardness of sponge and make top sheet according to same criteria for each type to best guarantee the consistency of the rubber as a whole.

4. Same answer to question No. 3

I'd really admire your detail oriented thinking and hope you will be satisfactory to my answer. ;)

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 12:46 
DHS Staff

lasta wrote:
Does DHS have plans on a new short pips? From what I understand, the Dragonow was never quite accepted by consumers.

Thank you for the market feedback. :up: Why was Dragonow never quite accepted by customers?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 12:54 
DHS Staff

haggisv wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Does DHS have an official distributor in every country? Do you have one in Malaysia?
Not every country, but we are working on cooperating with local distributor to sell our products there. Yes, we have one in Malaysia. What is special with Malaysia?
I thought I should clarify this for Felix; it was asked by a forum member, presumably from Malaysia, so he was mainly interested in a distributor in his country. ;)

haggisv wrote:
Besides, customers can check the authenticity of our products on our company website.
Do you have a link to the page on your website we customers can check?

Hi Alex, thanks for the tip. We have a distributor in Selangor, Malaysia.
Tenryu(M) Sdn Bhd
No.7-2, Jalan USJ21/10,
47630 uep Subang Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel:+60-3-8020 7815 Fax:+60-3-8023 7052

Customers can check the authenticity of DHS products on our website at:http://www.dhs-sports.com/search.shtml
However, we are upgrading the English website and the Chinese version is only available to check now. Sorry for the inconvenience. :oops:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 12:55 
DHS Staff

Didster wrote:
Great insight. Well done for getting them to open up on some subjects at least. :clap:

Cheers! ;)

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 12:57 
DHS Staff

man_iii wrote:
Hehehe :lol: National and Provincial rubbers in heavy demand and small in quantity :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hence my use of mostly 729 blue sponge or orange sponge available commercially and not bother with the high "strength" reqs for the "catapult" :whew: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi, welcome to try with our products if the products you will be interested are available in your region. ;) ;) ;)

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 12:58 
DHS Staff

SFF_liberte wrote:
Thanks heaps!!

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk

Cheers! :D :D :D

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 12:59 
DHS Staff

wilkinru wrote:
How much does it cost to produce a sheet of rubber?

I am sorry that question is out of my knowledge... :(

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 14:52 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Felix wrote:
man_iii wrote:
Hehehe :lol: National and Provincial rubbers in heavy demand and small in quantity :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hence my use of mostly 729 blue sponge or orange sponge available commercially and not bother with the high "strength" reqs for the "catapult" :whew: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi, welcome to try with our products if the products you will be interested are available in your region. ;) ;) ;)

I am from India and I do really like DHS products. It is just that "Provincial" and "National" rubbers are over-hyped here and very few people understand about DHS products.

Personally, I really love the No.15 DHS WBG toothpaste tube and wish it was widely available in India. I use PowerG-9 all-wood OFF++ blade in C-pen style ;-) and really really like the TG2 Neo rubbers .... but I am not big fan of the newer TG3-60 (mid-hard) rubber at all :-P TG2Neo and the original TG2 were really wonderful products and I wish you would have just kept it and only "slightly" improved it instead ( like maybe offer hard version or soft version of TG2 Neo .... maybe with the normal or updated sponge ? )

Also if there is any official online supplier for DHS in India. I am from Chennai.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 16:59 
DHS Staff

Bobs_Your_Uncle wrote:
Hi Felix welcome to the forums. Good to see a Table Tennis Manufacturing Rep on a forum board. These sort of occurrences are few and far between and would be great to see some of the other manufacturers try and
come on and speak up about the company and the products they are selling. Majority of players stick to what they know and giving clarity will hopefully justify why new products are worth a try.

My major criticism to DHS products is that in regards to clarity, there is a lacking of who there intended market audience is, and who should be using it. BTY are a great example of clearer marketing to who they are selling there product to and what it does. I think this is something DHS could take on board and in the future publish English native catalogues and list them the same way other manufacturers have been doing for the recent decade with a clear list of spin, speed and control criteria and what sort of technique a player should have to use a piece of equipment you manufacture effectively.

As a matter of fact I own a blade manufactured from your blade site to DONIC's specifications. A Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon. The quality is excellent as well as finish but the only way this came to light to me was in discussion with Alex. This is an excellent blade and half the price of a Viscaria which is a great deal.

I hope this feedback is useful and it needs to be taken up ahead to the people in corporate broad room and put into effect.

My only question to you is, how has the Hurricane series of rubbers played a effect in making the Chinese national table tennis team a powerhouse it is today? Research and Development? Consultation? Boosting? I'm just curious as to what Hurricane has done to become a largely successful rubber to the same degree as Tenergy from BTY.

Thanks

Hi, I'd appreciate your thoughtful suggestions. I would agree with that "Majority of players stick to what they know and giving clarity will hopefully justify why new products are worth a try. " This will urge us to do a better job on marketing as well as communicating with our distributors. By the way, you can see our latest catalog in English as well as Chinese at: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/ka5wwIQ1tkeLzEQyXG-NlQ

To your question: Hurricane rubber is both successful in professional and amateur field with the help of close cooperation with Chinese national team players and hard work of research and development from our scientists. We believe it is a good product with excellent performance and worth a try for anyone who has not used it yet.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 17:30 
DHS Staff

man_iii wrote:
Felix wrote:
man_iii wrote:

I am from India and I do really like DHS products. It is just that "Provincial" and "National" rubbers are over-hyped here and very few people understand about DHS products.

Personally, I really love the No.15 DHS WBG toothpaste tube and wish it was widely available in India. I use PowerG-9 all-wood OFF++ blade in C-pen style ;-) and really really like the TG2 Neo rubbers .... but I am not big fan of the newer TG3-60 (mid-hard) rubber at all :-P TG2Neo and the original TG2 were really wonderful products and I wish you would have just kept it and only "slightly" improved it instead ( like maybe offer hard version or soft version of TG2 Neo .... maybe with the normal or updated sponge ? )

Also if there is any official online supplier for DHS in India. I am from Chennai.

Thank you for your support and feedback on DHS products!

Regarding "Provincial" and "National" rubbers, the quantity of supply is far behind need. But the quality and performance of rubbers is worth the price.

No. 15 DHS glue is the water based glue according to the Non-VOC standard from ITTF. It is widely accepted and popular in our domestic and international market due to its consistent density, fast dry, strong adhesiveness and easy removal. TG2 and TG3 (NEO) rubbers are all available now and we are offering soft or hard version to distributors when requested.

You may check upon our distributor in India as follows:

Flash Sports Private Limited
4th Floor, 402, World Trade Centre, Babar Road, Near Barakhambha Road Metro,
New Delhi-110001, Delhi, IndiaGet Directions

Shankar Sinha (Manager)

+91-8588844402

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 17:32 
DHS Staff

igorponger wrote:
DHS BRAND SHOP ON ALIEXPRESS.

Hi, Felix
You should now consider about your own "DHS brand shop" on Aliexpress marketplace so as to distribute your best genuine products internationally, at reasonable price. Why not ??

Yours gratefully.

We will take this idea into consideration. Thank you for the advice!

Cheers!

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2019, 02:16 

Felix wrote:
igorponger wrote:
DHS BRAND SHOP ON ALIEXPRESS.

Hi, Felix
You should now consider about your own "DHS brand shop" on Aliexpress marketplace so as to distribute your best genuine products internationally, at reasonable price. Why not ??

Yours gratefully.

We will take this idea into consideration. Thank you for the advice!

Cheers!

Please if yes then do your own shop . because many people do not trust ALIEXPRESS here in europe (including my self) and if so try to add PAYPAL option .
Thanks
Robert

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2019, 03:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I think that anything you buy off one of Eacheng's outlets on AliExpress is the real thing. And that should include DHS Provincial and National grade rubbers. And DHS blades.

I suspected Tenryu was the Malaysian DHS distributor, since they ran the DHS booth at the 2016 WTTC (I bought some H3 off them). They also had the DHS commemorative balls, with faces of Chinese players printed on them (I think I got Xu Xin and Zhu Yuling initially). After the tournament they were selling these off cheap (100 balls for about $12), and I'm sorry I didn't buy several hundred because they turned out to be excellent playing balls. Before I could buy more some training center bought the lot. I think they were ABS balls, they had the same bright white color you see on the D40+ balls. I also managed to snag about a dozen of those DHS inflatable whack sticks.. the Chinese fans, when they showed up on the last day, were throwing away the white Tibhar ones and grabbing the red DHS ones. Trash cans were full of the Tibhar sticks.

A request: Can DHS make a "making of table tennis rubber" video, like the one they did for balls? I'd like to see the equipment used for molding the topsheets, and what the sponge looks like when it comes out of the mold and before it gets sliced, among other things. There are other videos like this (the ones that come to mind are from Butterfly and Andro), but I'd like to see if DHS does it any differently.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 06:00 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Felix wrote:
Hi, first I would thank you for the insightful questions. You understand right about what I replied previously.

We actually measure the thickness and hardness of sponge for each rubber. The top sheet is made under the same criteria according to specific rubber type.

1. This question is related to our production method and is not able to answer.

2. About the measure stand of rubber, we adopt Shore A for most of rubbers and Shore C for Goldarc rubbers.

3. Like I have explained, we measure the thickness as well as hardness of sponge and make top sheet according to same criteria for each type to best guarantee the consistency of the rubber as a whole.

4. Same answer to question No. 3

I'd really admire your detail oriented thinking and hope you will be satisfactory to my answer. ;)

Thank you for your replies Felix. From my understanding, Shore A is for softer rubbers/elastomers than the Shore C scale. Does this mean the Goldarc series of rubbers are actually the "hardest" sponges/rubber combinations of any of the DHS table tennis rubbers you make? If not, why a different Shore Scale for the Goldarc please?

Very interesting to read your answer to question 3. If I understand this correctly, if the rubber is slightly harder on one batch of say, DHS Hurricane 8 than another, it will be matched with a slightly softer sponge so the two (rubber and sponge) balance each other out.

EG Sheet 1 of Hurricane 8 sponge of 43 degrees hardness matched with rubber sheet hardness of 57 degrees. Overall combined hardness of 50 (43+57)/2= 50

Sheet 2 of Hurricane 8 sponge 44 degrees hardness is matched with rubber sheet hardness of 56 degrees. Overall combined hardness of 50 (44+56)/2=50

Does this mean then the hardness rating on DHS packaging for table tennis rubbers is the combined hardness of both the sponge and rubber top sheet? If not, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "we measure the thickness as well as hardness of sponge and make top sheet according to same criteria for each type to best guarantee the consistency of the rubber as a whole."

I'm a bit confused because whilst the ITTF don't test sponge as part of their technical leaflets they do require the combined thickness of sponge and rubber to remain within a maximum predefined limit. If you are selling a rubber (combined top sheet and sponge which comes in at the maximum allowable combined thickness of 4mm and you have to use a thicker sponge than originally tested and used to pass the technical ITTF tests, the combined rubber / sponge combination would exceed 4mm (assuming the rubber topsheet thickness is constant). That would make the rubber/sponge combination illegal?

Thank you for your help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next