OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2019, 08:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
dwruck wrote:
Wow, this sounds interesting...have you tried Trouble Maker? If so, how would you compare them. It sounds like Elite Long might be faster.
I'm sure you've seen my enthusiastic posts in the recent TM thread. I'm on my 4th sheet of TM but find that it doesn't stand up to my unconventional Ann Alvarez grip because it delams from its glue sheet under my finger and thumb contact points. As for speed comparison, TM is fairly slow for an OX LP and ELITE LONG isn't, so EL is faster. If you want to chop or hit (or by some strange coincidence, use my oddball grip) then you'd probably prefer the ELITE LONG. If you want to easily control the ball, pushing it (and your opponent) around the table at will, choose the TM.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2019, 22:04 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Thanks Nathanso. It's interesting you mention the problem with the sheet coming apart from the glue sheet on the TM. I have a bit of a cross between shakehand and Seemiller style grip and my index finger rests on the rubber, just below the pips. I, too, have had the same problem. If there's one piece of feedback I'd have for them about the rubber, it would be to make the bond between the glue sheet and rubber to be stronger. I've considered just cutting out that portion, but then I don't know if the rubber would technically be "legal", even though it would have no effect on the play as it never would come in contact with the ball. I think I prefer having the slower speed option, so I'll stick with TM for now and just deal with trying to stick the rubber back down and straighten it out from time to time.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2019, 23:45 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Today I tried this . It was in my friends blade. It was very good OX LP for attacking. It made me play so offensive game or was it my friends oFF blade? Dont know but I immiditly ordered one for me also. I felt it much better for me to play than Troublemaker. I think this LP OX is made for offensive game?

Soba

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 00:33 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I might have to give this a try. I really like the Trouble Maker, and it's good for attacking, but I've always liked to attack with my long pips, and it's a big part of my game, so I'm thinking it deserves a shot. I think in today's game, having that attacking possibility is even more important than ever, with the reduced amount of reversal.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 20:57 

dwruck wrote:
I might have to give this a try. I really like the Trouble Maker, and it's good for attacking, but I've always liked to attack with my long pips, and it's a big part of my game, so I'm thinking it deserves a shot. I think in today's game, having that attacking possibility is even more important than ever, with the reduced amount of reversal.

I think after all the changes with balls and pimples by ITTF has made this reversal so low that its not so important nowdays. I think that placements and differences of pace is more important?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 22:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Soba wrote:
dwruck wrote:

I think after all the changes with balls and pimples by ITTF has made this reversal so low that its not so important nowdays. I think that placements and differences of pace is more important?

.... and also, use the inverted in the middle of the rally,.... , which makes them think, then, they get lost :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 23:27 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I agree with that strategy, try to mix up spin with pips as much as possible to create that confusion and force them to have to adjust to the different pace.

I do have to say, the Trouble Maker does attack very well. Yesterday at the club I beat a player rated over 2000 thanks mainly to some nasty hits with it. It doesn't overpower people, like it sounds like the Elite Long can maybe do with its speed, but the TM is very flat and dead and is almost always dumped into the net.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2019, 03:31 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Has anyone had an opportunity to test how good/bad these pips are at passive blocking? I saw some passive blocks in some video reviews, and it looked like the ball stays low and produces no-spin balls, but I can't know for sure how much reversal is generated compared to other pips. If anyone has any insight into that, would be great to know.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 02:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I'm using Elite Long OX red in my left handed training on my club's robot. Since a passive block is about all I can muster right now, left handed, I can tell you that I'm seeing plenty of reversal coming off this LP when fielding incoming topspin. The ball is easy to control and keep low. I haven't tried against loops yet.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 03:07 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Interesting. Might need to try it out.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2019, 02:27 
Super User

I have played twice now with the Elite Long, total of about 5 hours. I have it on a DHS Ma Long 5 blade, OX red. I play chop blocks with the pips but with the loss of spin reversal with plastic ball, I'm looking to move to more of a hitting style. The GeBlock video review posted in the beginning of the thread got me to try it.

On day 1, I hit for about 30 minutes with Judy Hugh (former US National Team member, I think as recently as 2015.) I asked her to BH loop into the long pips. She had a hard time looping the 3rd chop block and commented there is a lot on backspin (reversal) on the ball. I don't block passively, so can't comment on amount of spin reversal. I find this LP fairly sensitive to spin and I will dump my serve returns into the net. Same issue with side swipes. I think its a matter of getting used to it more. I mention this as the LP is not spin insensitive. This is not a slow LP, but I can manage chop blocks reasonably well except against the fastest loops.

As for its offensive capabilities, I'm getting better at attacking (hitting) but the consistency is not there (no where close to the GeBlock video.) That is more due to user issues as this is something I am trying to improve. My hits do have some topspin on them and can be blocked, countered reasonably well if the opponent is decent enough. In other words, its not a typical LP dead, flat hit which invariably get blocked into the net. I haven't tried aggressive pushing yet.

More playing and adjustments are needed. I plan on continuing using this LP on my Ma Long 5 blade as I like my inverted FH loop with it (I use DHS Hurricane 3 Neo 39 degree Provincial, no boosting.) However, if someone can compare the blade used in the GeBlock video with the ML 5 blade (especially for inverted looping), I might be interested in trying that out if it will also help with LP hitting with the Elite Long.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 02:46 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

I decided to try this rubber out and am finding so far that it works for my game, so I'll keep it on unless I find that pips start falling off too rapidly. Passive blocking is indeed effective (probably a similar level of spin reversal to the DMS Kamikaze and Dr. N. Troublemaker), and the balls stays low. I can also create very good spin on chop blocks. And attacking is very good, as others have said. It's not quite in the elite attacking category of the Death Metal OX that I've been using, but the problem with the Death Metal OX, despite my good results with it, is VERY little spin reversal on passive blocks. So, anyway, I'm going to try the Elite Long OX out for awhile. Still need to experiment more with chopping away from the table for when I need to resort to that against opponents who are too good against blocking.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 20:48 

NoFootwork wrote:
I have played twice now with the Elite Long, total of about 5 hours. I have it on a DHS Ma Long 5 blade, OX red. I play chop blocks with the pips but with the loss of spin reversal with plastic ball, I'm looking to move to more of a hitting style. The GeBlock video review posted in the beginning of the thread got me to try it.

On day 1, I hit for about 30 minutes with Judy Hugh (former US National Team member, I think as recently as 2015.) I asked her to BH loop into the long pips. She had a hard time looping the 3rd chop block and commented there is a lot on backspin (reversal) on the ball. I don't block passively, so can't comment on amount of spin reversal. I find this LP fairly sensitive to spin and I will dump my serve returns into the net. Same issue with side swipes. I think its a matter of getting used to it more. I mention this as the LP is not spin insensitive. This is not a slow LP, but I can manage chop blocks reasonably well except against the fastest loops.

As for its offensive capabilities, I'm getting better at attacking (hitting) but the consistency is not there (no where close to the GeBlock video.) That is more due to user issues as this is something I am trying to improve. My hits do have some topspin on them and can be blocked, countered reasonably well if the opponent is decent enough. In other words, its not a typical LP dead, flat hit which invariably get blocked into the net. I haven't tried aggressive pushing yet.

More playing and adjustments are needed. I plan on continuing using this LP on my Ma Long 5 blade as I like my inverted FH loop with it (I use DHS Hurricane 3 Neo 39 degree Provincial, no boosting.) However, if someone can compare the blade used in the GeBlock video with the ML 5 blade (especially for inverted looping), I might be interested in trying that out if it will also help with LP hitting with the Elite Long.

Hi, I have also long 5 blade with elite long. Attacking is very good but not so dangerous as with detcs in a slower blade. Im playing quite near the table and after first practise my blocks and chopblock flied over the table. Also sideswipes went long often. But let see how it goes next time?

Soba

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2019, 22:25 
Super User

How does this lp compare to Dtechs ?

I am looking for a LP with high reversal and good hitting abilities.
It also needs to chop very well.
Dtechs hits very well i think.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2019, 05:19 

Can anyone compare this long pimple to Kamikaze?

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka