OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 16:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2019, 16:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
These guys :)
http://youtu.be/94R2711pH8Q

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 21:27 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Review of MSP SCANDAL: https://youtu.be/Z63b0uUB1fs

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 21:44 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Croudy wrote:
Review of MSP SCANDAL: https://youtu.be/Z63b0uUB1fs

great play!!! It seems it is a great weapon ,... :)

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2019, 08:09 
Super User

Tonight I tested Scandal in 0.9 on Grubba ALL +. I liked the short blocking a lot. It is a slow rubber and the first thing I thought was : ' oh, this is like Spinlord Gigant on steroids ' :lol: . Reversal was quite all right but pushes and sidewipes were too slow, meaning an off, off + blade is needed to improve in this department .

I attacked back spin quite all right with great sinking effect, sidewipes although too slow where very effective too .

I returned all the services very well and low; the most difficult service return was a very fast no spin ball, similar to the problems with long pimples , the great looper attacked the second ball effectively .I think I must learn to block this kind of serves lower because it is not easy to block short since the rubber plus the blade used was off + and the speed was really high .

The next training session will be with Nittaku Ludeack plus Xiom vega Intro 2.0 on the FH. Things will change surely with improvement in pushes and sidewipes.More speed , spin and back spin in serves. This is the competition bat for my tournament on the 3rd and 4th of August .

The following week, tests will continue with either Reflection in 0.9 or ABS 2 soft in 2.5

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2019, 09:09 
Super User

Hi!

Tonight 3 hours of intense training.I proved my theory right : The Flantis behave very differently depending on the kind of blade you use .That´s why I am testing MSP and DR N. rubbers on different blades .

So far the best combination for me is Scandal 0.9 on Deluxe Carbon ,which is precisely the blade Amir is using in the Scandal promo video .

I love this blade : Blocking with inverted- Xiom Vega intro 2.0 - on the fh and bh is great, good speed and fantastic control .The anti blocks short and with great control. Atttacking back spin phenomenal, pushes with good enough speed , attacking with inverted safe with great speed- not too much, the blade is off - but by using sponges in max or 2.0, you get the necessary speed .

I twiddled a lot , I use ST handle and as it is small , twiddling is performed fast and easily . Attacking with inverted on the BH when twiddling caught my opponents by surprise with little time to react .

I suggest you all try this blade. I don't think you will be let down. I am sure it will perform great with pips too . It was very nice really, the way I felt the ball on blocks either with inverted or the anti .

Bottom line : great quality and it seems Scandal performs at its best on this blade . ;)

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2019, 02:22 
Super User

In one of the posts of the anti forum - I don't remember which one - AA claimed that the length of the block with the anti also depended on the forehand rubber, which I agree completely. As the pips perform differently depending on the fh rubber - soft or hard, sponge thickness too - so does the anti.
I changed the Xiom Vega Intro 2.0 on my fh to a very different rubber - Sandwind 1.5, soft sponge- and I must say the control on the anti improved tremendously and also the great thing was that on twiddling with SW while blocking I sent a nasty no spin ball due to its half anti nature .

A great combination for me is Deluxe Carbon , Scandal 0.9 , SW 1.5 . More conservative and even safer if I use Grubba All + .

A must in this anti game is twiddling and with a nice wrist movement on the BH , twiddling is lethal . :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2019, 08:49 
Super User

Strange but true how a different FH rubber can affect the playing characteristics of the pips/anti on the other side. Deluxe Carbon , Scandal 0.9 , SW 1.5 with twiddling must be a real horror/nightmare for opponents :headbang:

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 01:41 
Super User

TTbuddy wrote:
Strange but true how a different FH rubber can affect the playing characteristics of the pips/anti on the other side. Deluxe Carbon , Scandal 0.9 , SW 1.5 with twiddling must be a real horror/nightmare for opponents :headbang:

It really is my friend !! :lol: ..... more testing in the off season here ,... some weekends summer tournaments ,the moment to really see if the new combination is right . 8)

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2019, 16:59 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
On OFF wood, scandal 0.9 is too fast, blocks are long and easier to attack again, comparing to my previous rubber transformer extra slow 1.2. Aggressive pushing is better on scandal. I will back to transformer. Polished anti with silicone spray is amasing! Try it!

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2019, 18:20 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

mataxxl wrote:
On OFF wood, scandal 0.9 is too fast, blocks are long and easier to attack again, comparing to my previous rubber transformer extra slow 1.2. Aggressive pushing is better on scandal. I will back to transformer. Polished anti with silicone spray is amasing! Try it!

You should try Diabolic Extra Slow!

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2019, 18:40 
Super User

mataxxl wrote:

Isn't that what we call rubber treatment? :lol: :lol: ...... somebody who played in the European cup league confirmed that some anti players- I will not give names here- used a liquid / spray on the anti before matches ..... this player is a superdivision player here .

When it comes to money and live on TT I understand people have to cheat to earn their salary ., I would because I would be competing in disadvantage and my money at the end of the month is necesssary to live . The pro world seems to be filled with lies and dirty game while we enjoy ourselves watching youtube videos where pros play with treated material. What a disgrace !

and then, you, the ITTF, who really knows what is going on , deems the low friction pips to be damaging the sport? ..... haha,... better laugh, my friend, better laugh,.... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 14 May 2020, 01:12 

Blade: Tibhar IV L
FH: Sriver FX 1.9
BH: Spinlord Gigant 1.2
I'm using the Spinlord Gigant 1.2 on my backhand now .. but I'm interested in the Scandal .. Is there much difference between the Gigant and the Scandal ? And which one to use on the Scandal 1.2 or 0.9 ?

PostPosted: 14 May 2020, 04:51 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Jeroen wrote:
I'm using the Spinlord Gigant 1.2 on my backhand now .. but I'm interested in the Scandal .. Is there much difference between the Gigant and the Scandal ? And which one to use on the Scandal 1.2 or 0.9 ?
Scandal is a frictionless anti, Gigant is more of a classic anti with some grip. So they are very different. I have not tried Gigant so I can't say.for sure but I guess Scandal is slower than Gigant.

I believe the German fellows at Geblocked youtube channel have tried them both and described them in videos. Have a look at them and you can see for yourself.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2020, 04:50 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I had a hit with Gigant a while ago during one of my training sessions, and it was clearly faster than Scandal and less spin reversal. I will say, attacking backspin and dead balls was quite good with the Gigant. And it did have good control. Just not the slower speed and spin reversal that I wanted. Over time, I've learned to attack pretty decently with the Scandal. I'd recommend the 1.2. I've never used the 0.9, but the 1.2 absorbs the pace on even the hardest shots and still provides a good deal of spin reversal. I don't think I'd want to give up the ability to drop the ball short for a little more reversal.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2020, 21:22 

Does Scandal come with built-in glue sheet or you have to buy it separately?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next