OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: 729 presto max spin
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2019, 10:02 

Any idea what this could retail for if imported to Aus? At the moment the aliexpress price is about aud$40. At that price I'd rather pay $10 more and get some target pro gt.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: 729 presto max spin
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2019, 19:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33002529839.html

Current price is USD21.75 (which is what - AUD29?). XVT, as one would expect.

This should be moved to the Inverted Rubber section I think...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2019, 16:46 

It's $36 now per piece. Thinking of giving it a try, but will wait to see if any videos appear on the intarwebs of people using it.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2019, 21:26 

Ordered one presto max speed + one presto max spin. Will let you know how they play.

Thanks for the link. The cheapest ones I could find were $36ish. From XVT it ended up being around $31 each. Two for the same price as one high-end rubber. If these are decent, I can replace rubbers twice as often. I just ordered a space blade from the ooak shop to test them on.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 10:56 

Got them today. This can be moved to the inverted rubber section if needed. I will post first impressions within a few days. I will probably give an update a few months after that.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019, 14:32 

Presto Spin is better than Presto Speed. Higher arc and spin, denser pip spacing, can be much faster when looping. Both rubbers have incredible grip. They're not tacky, but they somehow stick to regular a4 paper and stick to plastic protection sheets.

They're a few notches slower than mx-p, more comparable to Mantra M in performance. I feel that i want a harder sponge with these rubbers. I got 46, but I think they come in 49 too. The sponge isn't springy like a high-end tensor, it's not really porous. More linear and controllable. I can definitely get some good power and spin with the spin version, but it's not as powerful or as easy to generate speed as mx-p. Defending with these rubbers is MUCH better than with mx-p, obviously. You can take a lot of speed off the ball and chop really easily.

So these rubbers are for controlled attacking or allround play. Get the Presto Spin, not the Presto Speed. They are about $30 on xvt store on aliexpress. If you want more power, I think you can get Mantra H from tt-japan for around $35. The sponge is harder and springier.

This is after just a few hours of play. They may end up changing characteristics with more play time, like Big Dipper. I'll give them a few more plays and see.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2019, 02:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Those must be Euro/ESN degrees, they can't be Chinese or the sponge would be hard as a rock. It's funny how RITC uses Euro degrees with rubbers like Battle II and Presto but Chinese degrees for cheaper stuff.

I can see myself paying $21 for a sheet of this (but too many things in the pipeline at the moment, including a couple of sheets of Bloom) but not $30, which is approaching Tensor prices. Not unless it's a REALLY good rubber. Your comment about "incredible grip" intrigues me, however. And Three Sword Red Dragon disappointed. Goldarnit.. :lol:

It is strange that Eacheng doesn't carry it, but it seems to be happening more and more. Eacheng doesn't carry Three Sword Red Dragon either, for instance.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2019, 21:45 

Blade: DHS TG7-CP
FH: Joola Golden Tango PS
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
Hi,
this may not be ESN scale. Got myself Presto MAX Spin, hardness is supposedly 46, and it is REALLY hard. You need to hit harder to activate sponge, and the speed and spin is massive when you achieve that. Otherwise, the spin generated with a topsheet grip was sort of disappointing. So.. I can't measure it myself, but my guess is - it could be at least 39 in Chinese scale. Speedy, very controllable away from the table, not a weapon close to the table IMHO.

But these suggestions were about Presto MAX. Presto Spin and Speed come in 42 and 44 degree hardness, which sounds more playable closer to the table.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2019, 11:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That sounds more like "Tianjin" (i.e. 729, Yinhe, Palio) degrees, then. Most cheap sheets are 42. 44 and 46 would be harder, 46 would be pretty hard. DHS ("Shanghai") degrees are different.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2019, 23:24 

Hi, can you tell me what is 46 Tianjin degree in ENS scale? This 46 degree sponge on Presto Max really IS pretty hard.

By the way, the rubber is sort of strangely non-linear. I tested it on DHS 301 blade, and on soft contact in short game, the rubber is dead like typical hard unboosted Chinese rubbers, but there is a lot of spring coming with a bit harder strokes. Hard to control from short distance, but mid-long, wow.. speed, control, spin.. anywho, IMHO, this rubber would be better if the topsheet was tacky, as it really lacks spin on softer contacts. My training partner had no problems blocking such loops with placement, which was rarely the case with Fastarc G-1 or Stiga Genesis II-M.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2019, 13:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

46 on the Tianjin scale would be (according to Yinhe's table) the same as 35 on the Shanghai scale. However I don't know how one converts to the ESN scale. From what I understand most ESN rubbers are softer than most Chinese rubbers.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2019, 18:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The Presto Spin and Speed are available in 42 or 44deg, the Max version only in 46deg. The price should be the same for all of them.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2019, 04:29 

Found this one,

https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23663

and, eh, I'd say it can't be a Yinhe scale that 729 uses..

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2019, 09:55 

46 deg presto max spin isn't any harder than mx-p. Certainly nothing like hurricane 8 mid-hard or anything.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 01:18 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

darkmoor wrote:
Found this one,

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23663

and, eh, I'd say it can't be a Yinhe scale that 729 uses..

Actually that's the exact same table from the Yinhe catalog that I was referring to - the one that converts between the Tianjin scale on the left and the Shanghai scale on the right. I found this out by using Google Translate on my phone on it. Easy to do, just use your phone's camera on the Chinese text in the graphic on your screen.

Iskandar