OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 20:36 

Blade: DHS 7
FH: DMS Firestorm Black 1,8
BH: TMsponge /Globe979 sponge
Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:
Good match against hampus mate.
Re your league season-do you need to change gear or is it your fitness that you are worried about.

Both. Need to get in better shape ( I usually am in good shape in September and then after Christmas I loose it :) , so even this season).

I think I need another FH rubber to more focus on spin and placement instead of speed. I win very few points from fast loops, placement and more arc and spin is much more important. A slow loop is much more difficult to anticipate innterms of speed and spin, most opponents lose their timing when I loop thin and slow with lots of spin. If I loop with more speed and less spin they use the speed and block it back and I am in trouble...

Also, I want more spin in my serves...

You will improve your game with double fish

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 18:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:
Good match against hampus mate.
Re your league season-do you need to change gear or is it your fitness that you are worried about.

Both. Need to get in better shape ( I usually am in good shape in September and then after Christmas I loose it :) , so even this season).

I think I need another FH rubber to more focus on spin and placement instead of speed. I win very few points from fast loops, placement and more arc and spin is much more important. A slow loop is much more difficult to anticipate innterms of speed and spin, most opponents lose their timing when I loop thin and slow with lots of spin. If I loop with more speed and less spin they use the speed and block it back and I am in trouble...

Also, I want more spin in my serves...

its worth experimenting mate-you can always go back to your normal game if it doesnt work out.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 23:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Silly season!

I just ordered a sheet of DMS Firestorm soft, black 2,1 mm 8).
For now I will focus on finding my way back to Xiom Omega VII after having revisited H3 for a few weeks. Yesterday InalO tried anbrand new sheet of Double Fish QiJi hardness 37-39. It felt rock hard so I put a thick layer of Falco long booster on it, will try it again later.

I have a competition comming up in 10 days and I need to gain some lost ranking points, so just focusing on basics until then. After that I will give Firestorm a brief try on a spare blade (Perhaps I will do that on Tuesday already) to see if I can change rather smoothly before a big competition late in May or if I need to wait until after that (I should probably wait).

I am also thinking of trying a slower blade, a Stiga Defensive Pro, 7 layer with carbon. It is said to work well with Reflection 0,9 mm for aggressive pushing and almost as much back spin in blocking as with Carbonado 90. Hopefully I can try a friends bat with that combo. I am not at all sure that blade would fit me on FH side....

PostPosted: 01 May 2019, 16:01 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Stiga Defensive Pro

The last two sessions and at our club’s internal chapionship,I have been using Stiga Defensive pro instead of Stiga Carbonado 90. I have not yet decided if I shoud make a permanenemt switch. I have one last big competition coming up at end of May so I need to decide soon.

Here I wrote a review of that blade:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=35476

Here is the final of our local champs (I won 3-1). I played very defensive, because of the blade but most because of the opponent. We play in the same team and know each other very well, and he does not like my anti :). So I used it as much as I could. Also, my FH is not on spot yet with this new blade, I have some timing issues (blade is lighter).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YFFxiLhexg

PostPosted: 08 May 2019, 15:20 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Last night I had a very good session at another vlub than usual. I needed to decide weather to keep the def-blade or not. I feel I loose too much on my FH side compared to what I win in control etc on BH-side. So now I will go back to my ordinare blade, at least until the big competition held in 3 weeks. After that I may try the def-blade again but with a different FH rubber. My loops against back spin was not as good as needed...

PostPosted: 09 May 2019, 03:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i know what u mean mate-blade may be great for b/h but it throws the f/h off.
im pretty happy at the moment but its taken me 5yrs to get there.
u can prob relate to this...........................
u try other stuff and your game gets worse-u then go back and your game is a lot better.
i think we must keep trying though.

PostPosted: 09 May 2019, 05:32 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
i know what u mean mate-blade may be great for b/h but it throws the f/h off.
im pretty happy at the moment but its taken me 5yrs to get there.
u can prob relate to this...........................
u try other stuff and your game gets worse-u then go back and your game is a lot better.
i think we must keep trying though.

Yes, I must try other stuff or I just start to wonder if this or that would be better. But when it comes to blade I very rarely change, just test. And now I am back to Carbonado 90, just had a 2 hour session with mostly FH and it felt great :).

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 17:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday I tried Diabolic extra slow. It was actually a little better than Reflection (my Diabolic is brand new, Reflection is used form2 months). I used them in the same thickness and on same blades. Diabolic has lower throw and the top sheet is very slick. It is a little faster than Reflection and perhaps not as safe. But attacking back spin is very good. I will keep it :)

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2019, 18:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I did a little test with the robot, comparing Diabolic Extra Slow with the new Dr Neubauer ABS 2 soft. Both are very good but also a little different. ABS is better for attacking while Diabolic is better for blocking.

https://youtu.be/SqVTjzrVPZ0

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2019, 18:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Nice to see you on video again Def-attack! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2019, 23:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Here is short review on Dr Neubauer ABS2 soft 2,5 mm, mostly compared to DMS Diabolic Extra Slow.

I have been trying out the new Neubauer ABS 2 soft 2,5 mm the last weeks, on two different blades - my main blade Stiga Carbonado 90 and a Spinlord Ultra Carbon. I have used it against the robot and in practice and match play. I must say that I really like this Neubauer anti, it givas many options and is really fun to play.

It is possible to attack no spin or light top spin balls but it would require a decent amount of practice to get consistent. Blocking is rather good and like other has described it is better to meet the ball than just hold the bat still. Against hard loops this can be a little tricky though, depending on how fast your blade is. Also, ball tends to go high sometimes (mostly at passive blocks).

Attacking back spin is really good and it can be done with several different techniques. Just slap the ball using the wrist and an opend bat is fast and easy, but it requires consistency in technique or that you be a little careful. But this is of course the same for every frictionless anti. Aggressive pushing is very good as well as attacking with a stiff wrist. ABS2 soft makes attacking in general easier since the soft top sheet kind of ”hugs” the ball at hard impact and guides the ball in the right way without the top sheet being grippy. This is really cool! This is also why attacking no spin is better than with most antis. But how long this will work, when the top sheet and sponge gets worn, I do not know.

This softness also comes with a price, and for me it is control in blocks. Both height and length are a little difficult to control. It may be more important with this anti than some others to have the correct bat angle when blocking and the window of marigin is rather small between a block that sails away too long or goes to the net. This can of course be fixed with practice and a slow blade.

I believe that the Neubauer style of antis is, compared to Reflection or Diabolic ES, not very dependent on what blade it is used on when it comes to spin reversal. The thick, dense and rather hard sponge makes the anti work on most blades that are not too soft.

I have spent some time finding a blade that works for both my FH, serve and BH. ABS 2 soft works ok on this blade (Stiga Carbonado 90) but I would need a lot more practice to be able to block very consistent and in a way that prevents the opponent from looping even better the next time.

And this is where I feel I can’t go any further at this point. I would need to change to a lot slower blade to feel at least close to as safe on BH as I do with my main setup. That change would perhaps be worth it if I had 5 practice sessions per week and would be able to get my FH to work with a slower blade. But I am stuck with, at best, 2 sessions per week (family and works takes a lot of time :) ) and my FH works very good for the moment. So I will not change anti now, but I may do it later, depending on how my game develops this season and what happens with the development of antis, blades and balls.

So, in short, there is a lot of potential with this anti but I would need a slower blade to use it and that would hurt the rest of my game more than I would gain from it at this moment.

And here is what I wrote about my new FH rubber:

After some testing I found that Yinhe/Galaxy Jupiter II worked very good for me. It is rather soft both sponge and top sheet so no need for boosting more than it comes from the factory. It may not be just as tacky as H3 but it can generate lots of spin since it is softer. And it has good speed on high impact, but is also controlled in blocking and short game. Blocking is perhaps bot has good as H3 but good enough for me (may be blade dependent). Serving is very good as well as looping against back spin.

Only weak part would perhaps be smashing, but I am not a smasher so someone else has to fill in here.

Anyway - this rubber is well worth a try and it has tremensous value per invested dollar since it is rather cheap.

I will have to report back on durability but so far, 3 months, has not caused any major differences in behavoiur of this rubber. So I am very happy :).

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 02:52 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

The last sessions I have been using Diabolic Extra Slow with a thinner sponge. I mailed Guido to ask when they would release this anti in 0,9 mm. He did not answer that but he said that some of their antis were a little thinner than 1,2 mm, like 1,0 or so. He said that when I ordered a new sheet from their web store I should add a comment that I wanted it as thin as possible, and so I did. So the one I got had a clearly thinner sponge than the previous sheet.

This thinner one has even lower throw and a little harder touch, like you can feel the wood through the rubber. It is better for attacking, it gives even better back spin at blocks. The first 30 minutes I sent almost every block to the net, so the throw is CLEARLY lower than the older, now rather worn, sheet. And, of course, it is a little faster so keeping hard loops short or even on the table is a little more tricky. But it is still way slower than ABS 2 soft 2,5. I really like it!

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 20:19 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Hi, Def-attack !

How does DES perform on no spin balls or light topspin?

I found both Scandal and Reflection very poor in this department.That must be the Achilles' heel of these new flantis.I had really a hard time dealing with that kind of players,however, If I used my LP game, I would beat them much much more easily .

In my experience,flantis work well with strong loopers but with run of the mill topspins or no spin balls they are ineffective indeed . I suppose you twiddle when you find this kind of strategy . :?: :?:

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 20:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

It is nor better nor worse than other very slippery and hard antis. But that is a difficult part of the game with fanti. I try to keep the ball low and make sure to move the opponent around, both sideways but also in depth. A sidesweep may also work. Or I twiddle and drive/smash.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019, 04:35 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

If you want a feast with anti and with LP/SP defense, look at the first 3 hours of this chunk from the tournament Ängby International, where you find a few matches Tomas Bennborn (2nd match, and then a few more, a classic defender) backspinning his way through group play. And then there is Marcus Johansson in red shirt anti-blocking away his opponents away and winning the group without loosing a set (you can see the player he beats facing each other on the table beside his). He used some DMS anti and their blade De Luxe Carbon. You may have to create a free login to see this clip.

https://solidsport.com/angbysk/watch/an ... 1-28-20-38

Skickat från min Mi A2 Lite via Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 82  Next