OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 29 May 2019, 11:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

LOOPOVER wrote:
I don't think it will happen for leisure products, the USA farmer could be hurt for their exports to China. It will cause inflation in the USA which will devalue the consumer purchasing dollar, effectively lowering wages.

Why? What's special about leisure products? Where do most leisure products come from? It's a small but sizable part of imports from China.

As for farmers, wages, etc... do you think he with the orange hair cares? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 May 2019, 11:29 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
iskandar taib wrote:
LOOPOVER wrote:
I don't think it will happen for leisure products, the USA farmer could be hurt for their exports to China. It will cause inflation in the USA which will devalue the consumer purchasing dollar, effectively lowering wages.

Why? What's special about leisure products? Where do most leisure products come from? It's a small but sizable part of imports from China.

As for farmers, wages, etc... do you think he with the orange hair cares? :lol:

Iskandar

Leisure products have a minimal potential impact for providing lost jobs to USA people.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 29 May 2019, 12:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Problem is you'd have to convince THAT MAN.. :lol: He's not known for deep reflection, after all. (I don't think this is strictly true, either - think of how many tennis rackets, baseball bats, football pads, running shoes, athletic cups, bicycles, cycling helmets, ice skates, hockey sticks, basketballs, shin guards, weightlifting sets people in the US buy every year.. Think if all this stuff was made in the US rather than being imported from China. And that's just sport equipment. Leisure products would have to include things like big screen TVs, lounge chairs, quad copters, video game consoles, personal toys... it's a lot more stuff than you'd think.. :lol: )

Yeah, table tennis is a tiny, tiny, tiny part of it all, balls being an even tinier part of that. Table tennis was always a penny ante sport. But when the tariffs go up they will go up. And the DHS balls and cheap tennis balls will cost as much as the Nittaku ones, because they're made in China.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 May 2019, 22:10 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Problem is you'd have to convince THAT MAN.. :lol: He's not known for deep reflection, after all. (I don't think this is strictly true, either - think of how many tennis rackets, baseball bats, football pads, running shoes, athletic cups, bicycles, cycling helmets, ice skates, hockey sticks, basketballs, shin guards, weightlifting sets people in the US buy every year.. Think if all this stuff was made in the US rather than being imported from China. And that's just sport equipment. Leisure products would have to include things like big screen TVs, lounge chairs, quad copters, video game consoles, personal toys... it's a lot more stuff than you'd think.. :lol: )

Yeah, table tennis is a tiny, tiny, tiny part of it all, balls being an even tinier part of that. Table tennis was always a penny ante sport. But when the tariffs go up they will go up. And the DHS balls and cheap tennis balls will cost as much as the Nittaku ones, because they're made in China.

Iskandar

Leisure products manufacturers are highly sensitive to the economy, going out of business. Once out of business not an easy turn around to start again. Tariffs on leisure products will definitely cause inflation.

PostPosted: 30 May 2019, 00:09 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
I wish we used the Nittaku ABS ball. That one is predictable. We use the Joola ABS ball. It is awful. Despite not actually spinning a lot, it nosedives after loops, hardly bounces after pushes and darts off sharply sideways after sidespin. The quality control is awful, and the balls are often not round, so that they constantly flutter and move unpredictably in mid-air.
Quadruple triple ha ha ha.

So right.

Still, the Joola Prime ABS is light years ahead of the Flash, which was a similar lower grade and quality than the regular seamless average.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 30 May 2019, 15:32 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
From my experience, all Joola balls are crap. All Butterfly balls are crap. Nittaku China balls are crap. All seamless balls are crap.

As far as I know, the only acceptable balls are the Nittaku Premium 40+ 3***, the orange Nittaku Nexcel 40+ 3***, and to a lesser extent the current version of DHS D40+ 3***.

Are there any other decent balls?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 30 May 2019, 22:30 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
From my experience, all Joola balls are crap. All Butterfly balls are crap. Nittaku China balls are crap. All seamless balls are crap.

As far as I know, the only acceptable balls are the Nittaku Premium 40+ 3***, the orange Nittaku Nexcel 40+ 3***, and to a lesser extent the current version of DHS D40+ 3***.

Are there any other decent balls?

The problem with Nittaku balls is cost. They're so expensive that at their major tournaments they don't use ball boys or girls for retrieval. So they only use one ball which slows the game down.

PostPosted: 30 May 2019, 23:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Weird fella, this Igor. You wonder if he's actually used many of these balls if he says they break easily. He's confusing them with the older cellulose acetate balls, I think - those had a reputation for breaking. These D40+ balls are actually the most resilient I've seen. We've not managed to break one, even. Whereas the old celluloid balls would develop cracks regularly. What happens with these balls is that they start feeling slightly less hard - there's one player in our group who insists on bringing out a new ball every three to four weeks or so because he feels the old ball is "over the hill". The seamless balls had a reputation for being nigh on indestructible, too, but we haven't used that many of them. Never had one of those break, either.

Iskandar

Hi, all precious Playmates of mine ... :* :* :*
Hereby please be informed that I'm a mighty Boy, I would use a meager sponge of 1.2mm and it would enable me to destroy those "novelty" ABS sphere easely. Again, those ivory-hard ABS spheres would give a nasty stony feeling to my fist at most strokes.
. . The items with Production Date pre June 2018, this is the thing I seek for. :headbang:

Be happy

PostPosted: 31 May 2019, 12:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

LOOPOVER wrote:
The problem with Nittaku balls is cost. They're so expensive that at their major tournaments they don't use ball boys or girls for retrieval. So they only use one ball which slows the game down.

The problem with the importer providing "free" balls to the tournaments is the end user gets to pay for them in the end. They have to jack up the price over the already high price (because they're made in Japan) because they have to make up for the "free" balls that they give to tournaments. And players will pay the high price BECAUSE they're the balls used in tournaments.. Not really all that much you can do about it.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 May 2019, 12:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

igorponger wrote:

Hi, all precious Playmates of mine ... :* :* :*
Hereby please be informed that I'm a mighty Boy, I would use a meager sponge of 1.2mm and it would enable me to destroy those "novelty" ABS sphere easely. Again, those ivory-hard ABS spheres would give a nasty stony feeling to my fist at most strokes.
. . The items with Production Date pre June 2018, this is the thing I seek for. :headbang:

Be happy

Oh? Your ball-denting thumb isn't enough now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2019, 00:43 
Super User

igorponger wrote:
Der_Echte wrote:
The solid and hard feel at impact igor bemoans is I believe the best property of the ball. I so hate on a ball that feels weak and light at impact.

STIFF and CRACKY.

Those stony ABS balls of the later editions, they SHOULD go cracked easely.. Too easely..
Those inelastic plastics cant stand the continued impacts onto the table surface because of poor resilience to shocks and stresses, as is an innate demerit for every inflexible plastic material.

Igor hates the ball because they re made by DHS well he hates anything chinese spread lies about chinese boosters

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 19:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

igorponger wrote:

STIFF and CRACKY.

Those stony ABS balls of the later editions, they SHOULD go cracked easely.. Too easely..
Those inelastic plastics cant stand the continued impacts onto the table surface because of poor resilience to shocks and stresses, as is an innate demerit for every inflexible plastic material.

FF to 3:50.

Imagine Gollum reading Igor's post above. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 19:45 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
iskandar taib wrote:

FF to 3:50.

Iskandar

:lol:

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 21:41 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
iskandar taib wrote:

*wipes tears from face*

Very good Iskandar! :D :D

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2019, 00:01 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I've been hearing Gollum for all of Igor's posts, certainly since he started using "precious" regularly. I am more and more convinced that it's a bot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next