OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Custom name rubber
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 09:33 

Anyone ever try to get a rubber with a custom name of their choice? I would like to have a rubber and name it for fun. I don’t know how to make my own rubber so I guess I’d need to ask a company to make it for me but I doubt they would make one just for one person.

Post subject: Re: Custom name rubber
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 13:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If you want 500 sheets the Reactor company would gladly make some for you.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=35373&start=30#p373429

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 16:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
To make a one-off is probably going to be expensive if it's a proper table tennis rubbers, because they'd have to make a mold just for your rubber. Of course it won't be legal for competition either, because the ITTF has not approved the version of rubber with your name on it.
Getting a blade with your name on it might be a cheaper option, and it will be legal for competition as well.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2019, 07:25 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Debater started a thread for what company name and rubber name you would like to see.

There were some very creative suggestions.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2019, 07:44 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Retriever wrote:
Debater started a thread for what company name and rubber name you would like to see.

There were some very creative suggestions.

.. and here it is viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30351&hilit=larf

Good memory Retriever, and there was me thinking your forum name related to your playing style whilst all along it's a reference to your excellent memory ;) :up:

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2019, 07:50 

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Yeah, you beat me to it. I couldn't remember whether it was under General or Lounge.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2019, 10:58 

Thanks for replies everyone. I found from Iskander's post he hyperlinked the store from aliexpress that sells reactor corbor. I messaged them and they do make custom rubbers. I am now messaging several companies to get some quotes lol. I also messaged GH sports through amazon and found they can also do it.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2019, 11:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Please let us know what you find out, and if you ever get around to doing it. There might be some of us who'd like to buy a sheet or two... :lol: I think you could circumvent the ITTF problem (to be honest, it's not a problem unless you play in tournaments) by getting them to add some extra marking (your name or cipher) to an existing brand of rubber - you used to see this a lot with the 999 company.

For an example of a "private brand" rubber, here's Old Man Huang's special LARGE long pips...

http://ttnpp.com/store/dawei/452-guai-j ... nge-6.html

A "private brand" that's "Made It" would perhaps be Gambler:

https://www.gamblertt.com/

GH Sports, by the way, is one of the Eacheng outlets. They're also on ebay and AliExpress. Also check out eacheng.net.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2019, 00:46 

GH sports told me a custom mold where I can have custom logo, brand name, rubber name will cost 200 USD. To customize long pimple size is 450 USD. Rubber with sponge costs anywhere between 3.5 to 15 USD depending on which one. You need to spend a minimum of 2000USD on rubbers or they won't do it for you!
So expensive!

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2019, 03:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Molds are made of metal. There's a top and a bottom half. For inverted rubber, the logo is on the smooth half, which is easier to make. The other half is the mold for the pips side, they can use a pre-existing mold for that (I suppose you'd choose a pre-existing rubber you'd like, your custom rubber will have the same pips size and geometry). To create a pips-out rubber they'd have to put your custom rubber on the same side as the pips (the other side is a generic flat mold). To create the mold with the pips they'd have to machine each little depression for each pip. Not sure how it's done - possibilities are a CNC drill, or EDM (this would be a lot cleaner, I suppose). Note that if they have ONE mold made, they'd be able to mold ONE (or maybe two - I've seen pictures of twin molds) sheet at a time. So they'd have to, for instance, make your topsheets one at a time during their normal production runs (where they stack molds together - maybe 8 or 10 of them at a time - in the vulcanizing press). It'd probably take a while to do, too.

If you were going to make your own brand long pips rubber, I'd suggest making something outrageous and not exactly legal - something like very large or long pips. Maybe if you could recreate the old Feint Long (before the aspect ratio rule), for instance - I know ONE person who'd probably buy a few sheets (those who used to post on rec.sport.table-tennis back around 1998-1999 would know to whom I refer, whose Name Must Never Be Mentioned, lest he show up and make a nuisance of himself here...). Or make something like those Jahanam pips... :lol: You'd at least be able to sell some sheets to the curious and to the pranksters out there.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!