OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Falck's illegal serve?
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2019, 00:36 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
How come Falck's serve never gets called out by umpires? He's clearly breaking the "flat palm" rule, and he's doing that consistently.
Below are his first two serves from a random match. And it isn't just that, he's always serving this way, and I've never seen him warned or penalized by an umpire.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2019, 02:34 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
ziv wrote:
How come Falck's serve never gets called out by umpires? He's clearly breaking the "flat palm" rule, and he's doing that consistently.
Below are his first two serves from a random match. And it isn't just that, he's always serving this way, and I've never seen him warned or penalized by an umpire.

it is the same with lots of illegal serves by other pros who never get called out .... I have seen superdivision games here and many pros have been serving illegally until one brave umpire dares to call out at some point ,..... but those are the rare umpires,... a breed on the brink of extinction ,.... :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2019, 02:37 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
He really doesn't hide the ball, and there doesn't seem to be any spin when he tosses.

As long as he does not hide the contact or the trajectory of the ball, it should be legal.

I have a problem with players who toss the ball into their body and use the "shadow" due to the high spot-lights and leaning forward to "hide" the ball contact inside the darkened space of their body.

I would personally mandate the highest toss possible serve every time. No 15 cms or 1 foot or other bull crap. Just straight-up toss to the heavens and serve anything you like from that point. IMPOSSIBLE to do any kind of hidden serve or distraction serve or what not.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2019, 02:39 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ziv wrote:

I suggest you write a letter. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2019, 02:46 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
iskandar taib wrote:
ziv wrote:

Iskandar

hahaha,..better a whatsapp message,..faster and cheaper ,.. :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2019, 02:47 
Super User

man_iii wrote:
He really doesn't hide the ball, and there doesn't seem to be any spin when he tosses.

As long as he does not hide the contact or the trajectory of the ball, it should be legal.

I have a problem with players who toss the ball into their body and use the "shadow" due to the high spot-lights and leaning forward to "hide" the ball contact inside the darkened space of their body.

I would personally mandate the highest toss possible serve every time. No 15 cms or 1 foot or other bull crap. Just straight-up toss to the heavens and serve anything you like from that point. IMPOSSIBLE to do any kind of hidden serve or distraction serve or what not.

I agree that he doesn't seem to impart any spin or hide the serve when serving this way. However, it's obvious that he's violating rule 2.06.01, and I'm just wondering why the umpires are ignoring this fact.
Quote:
2.06.01 Service shall start with the ball resting freely on the open palm of the server's stationary free hand.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2019, 02:53 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
ziv wrote:

It's funny but there's actually a famous Russian meme suitable for this very case: "We will write to Sportloto".
Its meaning is that people apparently love writing complaints to organizations or agencies that have no relation to the matter of the complaint.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2019, 21:23 
Super User

ziv wrote:
He's clearly breaking the "flat palm" rule
Quote:
2.06.01 Service shall start with the ball resting freely on the open palm of the server's stationary free hand.

There is no mention of a "flat palm" in 2.06.01. There is a huge difference between a "flat palm" and an "open palm". It seems to me that Falck is serving legally.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2019, 22:22 

Blade: DHS 7
FH: DMS Firestorm Black 1,8
BH: TMsponge /Globe979 sponge
birchamboi wrote:
ziv wrote:
He's clearly breaking the "flat palm" rule
Quote:

There is no mention of a "flat palm" in 2.06.01. There is a huge difference between a "flat palm" and an "open palm". It seems to me that Falck is serving legally.

For me he can serving how he wants as long as I not meet him :D

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2019, 00:37 

Blade: Thibar Dynamic J7
FH: Spinlord Degu max
BH: Donic Bluefire M3 max
I'm much more bothered by his floating arm hiding the ball contact rather than his slightly curved palm.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2019, 03:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ziv wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
ziv wrote:

It's funny but there's actually a famous Russian meme suitable for this very case: "We will write to Sportloto".
Its meaning is that people apparently love writing complaints to organizations or agencies that have no relation to the matter of the complaint.

FF to 2:27. This skit was the basis of my Usenet .signature file years ago. I heard it on the radio - never did think I'd find a video version.

Iskandar