OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2019, 02:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Been to another tournament.Based on my style -passive blocking off the bounce,chop blocking,aggressive pushing, sidewiping - Tm is really great until 2300s level players .Once you pass this mark, let's say 2400s etc, consistency in the blocking is not enough .There was a game when I blocked 5 times in a row against a great looper but finally he was always able to kill me at some point .Tm does deliver consistency, great!! but not those kind of impossible trajectories plus more backspin like for example DG in OX does .

Therefore, for my next game I decided to switch to DG and I beat a 2400s player 3-0 .Then, I came to realise that for my style, Tm was great against LP / SP players due to the fantastic control and slowness.I have decided that for this season I will be using TM against pip players, whereas, DG is the way to go against the rest of attacking opponents .

In some games I lost by a very low margin while using TM , they made much , much fewer mistakes than with DG in ox .

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2019, 14:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think that if you play against players at that level (2400), no amount of LP deception is going to win the games anyway, they'll get used to whichever pimple you use, and find a strategy against it. Against these level players, you'll have to do more than just get the ball back, you have to keep mixing it up, no matter which LP you use.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2019, 18:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
I think that if you play against players at that level (2400), no amount of LP deception is going to win the games anyway, they'll get used to whichever pimple you use, and find a strategy against it. Against these level players, you'll have to do more than just get the ball back, you have to keep mixing it up, no matter which LP you use.

I do agree . What I really meant was that with the pips play those kind of players had a harder time with DG than with TM . Also, They had a harder time to reloop .

I keep mixing it up to really have a chance to beat them . I was successful already . I do not mean to put TM Down, just say at that kind of level , with my style DG gives better results .

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2019, 19:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

charmander defender wrote:
I do agree . What I really meant was that with the pips play those kind of players had a harder time with DG than with TM . Also, They had a harder time to reloop .

I keep mixing it up to really have a chance to beat them . I was successful already . I do not mean to put TM Down, just say at that kind of level , with my style DG gives better results .

Yes that's fair (I wasn't having a go at you :lol: ).

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2019, 22:10 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I had my first practice with TM in 0.6 mm sponge last night. Didn't really focus at all on defense, mostly focused on offense and pushing. I immediately saw a significant increase in the control and consistency when hitting and pushing with even that little bit of sponge on there. Based on my previous experience with 1.0 a few months ago, I'm going to guess that, like most LP rubbers, reversal will be a little less against top spin, but still good, and still relatively slow speed. I'm playing a giant round robin event on Friday night, I'm going to probably use the sponge version and see how it goes.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2019, 00:40 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
dwruck wrote:
I had my first practice with TM in 0.6 mm sponge last night. Didn't really focus at all on defense, mostly focused on offense and pushing. I immediately saw a significant increase in the control and consistency when hitting and pushing with even that little bit of sponge on there. Based on my previous experience with 1.0 a few months ago, I'm going to guess that, like most LP rubbers, reversal will be a little less against top spin, but still good, and still relatively slow speed. I'm playing a giant round robin event on Friday night, I'm going to probably use the sponge version and see how it goes.

I tried Troublemaker in 0.6mm sponge a few months ago and I still prefer Troublemaker in ox.
I found that the ox version gave me more variety in control and in attack and that the 0.6 version was too slow for me.
Also I discovered that when I removed the Troublemaker 0.6 from my blade, the sponge separated from the top sheet pimples. I would be interested if anyone else had the same experience?

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2019, 18:56 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
jmkeynes wrote:
dwruck wrote:

I tried Troublemaker in 0.6mm sponge a few months ago and I still prefer Troublemaker in ox.
I found that the ox version gave me more variety in control and in attack and that the 0.6 version was too slow for me.
Also I discovered that when I removed the Troublemaker 0.6 from my blade, the sponge separated from the top sheet pimples. I would be interested if anyone else had the same experience?

I've had some issues with Viper separating. I'm currently experimenting with TM on a 0.6mm sponge, so thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to be extra careful!

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2019, 14:55 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I decided to switch to DG and I beat a 2400s player 3-0 .Then, I came to realise that for my style, Tm was great against LP / SP players due to the fantastic control and slowness.I have decided that for this season I will be using TM against pip players, whereas, DG is the way to go against the rest of attacking opponents .

In some games I lost by a very low margin while using TM , they made much, much fewer mistakes than with DG in ox .

I put DG on my back-up blade and it worked better than TM against aggressive types of players. DG's extra disruption both created numerous welcomed opponent errors and made them play more carefully instead of just mercilessly attacking. Looks like I'll have to go to the two-blade approach also as TM is king against the low-spin and defensive crowd.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2019, 18:26 
My Precious

FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
I decided to switch to DG and I beat a 2400s player 3-0 .Then, I came to realise that for my style, Tm was great against LP / SP players due to the fantastic control and slowness.I have decided that for this season I will be using TM against pip players, whereas, DG is the way to go against the rest of attacking opponents .

In some games I lost by a very low margin while using TM , they made much, much fewer mistakes than with DG in ox .

I put DG on my back-up blade and it worked better than TM against aggressive types of players. DG's extra disruption both created numerous welcomed opponent errors and made them play more carefully instead of just mercilessly attacking. Looks like I'll have to go to the two-blade approach also as TM is king against the low-spin and defensive crowd.

As you can see I have the 3 Blade approach all OX but TM, DG & Dtecs depending on the opponent |( :up: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2019, 18:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Gollum wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

As you can see I have the 3 Blade approach all OX but TM, DG & Dtecs depending on the opponent |( :up: :clap:

I really feel satisfied and content when my dear forum members who use similar tt material / style as mine have the same impressions regarding TM and DG .

Yes, it is really sensible to use TM for the low spin and defensive players as the slowness does help with the non spin balls and rallies pip against pip whereas DG's disruption makes aggressive players harder to reloop and they also make many more mistakes .

Just for the DG setup with Grubba all+ I changed the inverted to Nittaku Jammin 1.4 and as we have been discussing in other threads, DG blocks differently, in this case much better than with Thibar SD 40 +.It's incredible how the fh rubber affects the lp performance !! .

..and the Grubba all + keeps working fantastic with both DG and TM . Thank you mynamenotbob for the suggestion at that time .

Perhaps Gollum might explain to us the advantages of D. Techs over DG with different opponents because for me a 2 way approach is enough . :lol:

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2019, 19:44 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

mynamenotbob wrote:

Is it possible they got used to your TM, and made more mistakes when you changed to DG because they were not used to it?

I've tried a lot of LPs, and tend to always test them against the same usual practice partners. When I try a new one they always seem to struggle... but after a while they adjust, and it's only then that I start appreciating the strength & weaknesses of the rubber.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2019, 20:09 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

haggisv wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

Is it possible they got used to your TM, and made more mistakes when you changed to DG because they were not used to it?

I've tried a lot of LPs, and tend to always test them against the same usual practice partners. When I try a new one they always seem to struggle... but after a while they adjust, and it's only then that I start appreciating the strength & weaknesses of the rubber.

That might be true in some cases, but there are a few people at my club who just teed off on TM from day one. With DG they have problems. I hope that continues. :devil: :devil: :devil:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2019, 23:54 
My Precious

FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX

I really feel satisfied and content when my dear forum members who use similar tt material / style as mine have the same impressions regarding TM and DG .

Yes, it is really sensible to use TM for the low spin and defensive players as the slowness does help with the non spin balls and rallies pip against pip whereas DG's disruption makes aggressive players harder to reloop and they also make many more mistakes .

Just for the DG setup with Grubba all+ I changed the inverted to Nittaku Jammin 1.4 and as we have been discussing in other threads, DG blocks differently, in this case much better than with Thibar SD 40 +.It's incredible how the fh rubber affects the lp performance !! .

..and the Grubba all + keeps working fantastic with both DG and TM . Thank you mynamenotbob for the suggestion at that time .

Perhaps Gollum might explain to us the advantages of D. Techs over DG with different opponents because for me a 2 way approach is enough . :lol:

"charmander defender"Just a matter of experiment & rediscovery. I used D. Techs quite some time ago when I used Re-Impact Smart & found it very disruptive but a bit unpredictable, when I went to the Trinity Carbon I used the DG for quite a while but then found the D.Techs also worked very well with this blade. My LP of choice at the moment is TM but having a bag full of blades I find there are times when they each work well |( :up:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2019, 11:41 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Yes I'm very happy with the Grubba blade for both DG and TM. Credit and thanks to redspot, who got me started with it.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2019, 16:19 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I have trying TSP reflex defence blade with TM. It's propably my slowest blade. Disturbance is less - one practise partner looped 10 in the row easily, because chopped balls were similar. I have also problems with slowness, as it's many time hard to clear the net. I have played long time with faster set ups, so adjusting to slowness might take time. With faster blades problem is in the overshooting. I thing one team mate has unused Gruppa blade, so I might try it in the future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 36  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!