OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2019, 11:35 
Super User

Hi guys,

I'm looking for recommendations for a fast and spinny medium-hard sponged short pips hopefully around ESN 47.

I have the following on hand for comparison, looking for something along the hardness of Spinpips Blue but a little faster:

The greens are the ones I liked most.

Do you think Rakza PO or Blowfish is worth trying out?

Last edited by lasta on 29 Jun 2020, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2019, 20:46 

Blade: Thibar Dynamic J7
FH: Spinlord Degu max
BH: Donic Bluefire M3 max
Have you tried Waran 2? It has a harder sponge (44-46 degrees according to their website) than the regular Waran with the same topsheet.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2019, 23:02 
Super User

Yes, tried the Waran 2, but only for a brief hit. Felt a bit numb and (low impact) speed is in the slow side. Looking for something as fast or faster than the Spinpips and Victas rubbers.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2019, 23:28 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
lasta wrote:
Yes, tried the Waran 2, but only for a brief hit. Felt a bit numb and (low impact) speed is in the slow side. Looking for something as fast or faster than the Spinpips and Victas rubbers.

Doesn't speed come from the softness of the sponge? I.e., the harder the sponge, the slower (on low impact) the pips are.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2019, 03:33 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Firestorm?

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2019, 17:06 

You might want to consider the new Spinlord short pimple rubber called "Wyvern".

Here's Spinlords description of it:

Quote:
The SpinLord Wyvern is a new short pimple-out rubber, that is not thought to be a totally new rubber, but an improved version of the SpinLord Waran.

To achieve this goal the pimples of the Wyvern have exactly the same dimensions as those of the Waran. So they are very short, have a conical shape and ribbed pimple tops. The rubber compound of the Wyvern is quite different though, it has more grip then the rubber compound of the Waran. We can give you the hint that we used the rubber compound of the long pimple-out rubber Strahlkraft for this rubber.

The sponge of the Wyvern is the same High-Tech sponge that has been recently newly developed for the pimple-inn rubber Ozelot. That means that the sponge is medium-hard, very fast and includes a strong built-in speed-gluing effect. In total the Wyvern is a little bit faster then the Waran (at least in 2,0 mm - in 1,5 mm it is slower because the speed of this rubber is generated almost only by the sponge). It can create more spin and is more versatile to play then any other short pimple-out rubber. The control values of the Wyvern are very high, and it is also a very reliable rubber that is easy to master. The Wyvern has been developed for and with a new generation of professional players, who use a short pimple-out rubber both for attacking and defending. These players can use the Wyvern for chopping like a long pimple-out rubber but can also play powerful counter-attacks with it when needed.

https://ttdd.eu/spinlord-wyvern.html

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2019, 19:41 
Super User

stuart marquis wrote:
You might want to consider the new Spinlord short pimple rubber called "Wyvern".

Here's Spinlords description of it:

Quote:
The SpinLord Wyvern is a new short pimple-out rubber, that is not thought to be a totally new rubber, but an improved version of the SpinLord Waran.

To achieve this goal the pimples of the Wyvern have exactly the same dimensions as those of the Waran. So they are very short, have a conical shape and ribbed pimple tops. The rubber compound of the Wyvern is quite different though, it has more grip then the rubber compound of the Waran. We can give you the hint that we used the rubber compound of the long pimple-out rubber Strahlkraft for this rubber.

The sponge of the Wyvern is the same High-Tech sponge that has been recently newly developed for the pimple-inn rubber Ozelot. That means that the sponge is medium-hard, very fast and includes a strong built-in speed-gluing effect. In total the Wyvern is a little bit faster then the Waran (at least in 2,0 mm - in 1,5 mm it is slower because the speed of this rubber is generated almost only by the sponge). It can create more spin and is more versatile to play then any other short pimple-out rubber. The control values of the Wyvern are very high, and it is also a very reliable rubber that is easy to master. The Wyvern has been developed for and with a new generation of professional players, who use a short pimple-out rubber both for attacking and defending. These players can use the Wyvern for chopping like a long pimple-out rubber but can also play powerful counter-attacks with it when needed.

https://ttdd.eu/spinlord-wyvern.html

Sounds very interesting! Thanks!

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2019, 02:49 

Blade: dr neubauer barricade
FH: spinart
BH: gangster
Been using rakza p o for 3months now, was using 729 before, the rakza is spinny ,fast, good for hitting,blocking and serving with, but not chopping,also good for pushing.I have it on a slow blade barricade with lp on the other side and twiddle so its a big difference to master and play against, as I am not a strong looper it suits me using opponents speed for return, it certainly is an unusual rubber in make up but is effective, but limited.,a long learning period for me on the robot to have any result with it, but it will stay on for a bit longer till the season gets going to test it.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2019, 02:55 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
The Wyvern is now available on tt11, has anyone tried it yet?

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2019, 19:34 
Super User

I recently tested the Sword Long Can Pro version 2.1 black available at ttdd.eu. It has the sponge of the Break Pro rubber which is very hard. I was searching for something that has more sinking effect than my usual Rakza PO Max. It turned out to be the opposite of what I expected. Like mentioned earlier the Longcan Pro has a very hard sponge, this makes flat hitting against low balls much harder, since there is a lack of dwelltime and catapult. So when flat hitting you have to be very precise and always hit the ball right on top of the bounce. When you do that the flat hits feel nice and crisp. With the Rakza PO however you can take the ball a bit later and still hit very powerfull( mattias falck style) imho this makes it a lot easier. The topsheet of the Sword rubber is extremely spinny which makes for great serving and opening loop. My first opening loop was very spinny and I could close the angle of my racket much more similar to inverted. Conclusion if you like very spinny short pips with hard sponge and your timing is very precise you might find this an interesting rubber. This rubber does not have any sink effect though.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2020, 07:02 

Blade: Gewo 575 Balsa
FH: 892 729
BH: Gewo Hype XT
I think it is worth going into it more professionally and buy foundation and maybe gum separately. Then you decide what foundation it will have. It always gives you a wider range of possibilities.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2020, 23:56 

An0n wrote:
Have you tried Waran 2? It has a harder solution crédit locataire sponge (44-46 degrees according to their website) than the regular Waran with the same topsheet.

I am looking for a blade to use with RITC 802 in 1.5mm on both sides.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2021, 06:22 
Super User

tomeh wrote:
I think it is worth going into it more professionally and buy foundation and maybe gum separately. Then you decide what foundation it will have. It always gives you a wider range of possibilities.

I have tried to get soft sponge but gold palm trading 35deg is hard to get.