OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 04:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 10:09 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
tzifos wrote:
I am aware of other companies that make and sell non-ITTF approved pips but they do have a lot of IITF approved rubbers and pips.

That's true. Dawei comes to mind. Friendship also. Makes Dr. Neubauer's case even stronger.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 14:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... 16666.html

On sale right now, 31,90 USD

Be happy.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 22:17 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
mynamenotbob wrote:
tzifos wrote:
I am aware of other companies that make and sell non-ITTF approved pips but they do have a lot of IITF approved rubbers and pips.

That's true. Dawei comes to mind. Friendship also. Makes Dr. Neubauer's case even stronger.
Add to them Darker and Hallmark.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 02:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

tzifos wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
tzifos wrote:

Add to them Darker and Hallmark.

"case even stronger"? :lol: :lol: I don't think there's any evidence that there IS a case to begin with. Just some supposition based on... what? Probably just bad feelings towards ITTF, nothing more. Just another case of whipping oneself up into a rage. That Neubauer doesn't say anything isn't proof, either. I've never seen them actually POST anything, about anything, so how can their not commenting on this mean anything? Probably not worth their while, if you think about it.

This, by the way:

Quote:
Companies that supply illegal products for treating rubbers have been contacted to stop their marketing, otherwise their rubbers will be removed from the LARC and their equipment will no longer be authorized.

Was this officially posted somewhere public by ITTF? Or is it one of those snippets of dubious provenance probably concocted by Igor? In any case, indubitable or not, it's about "products for treating rubbers" - in other words, boosters (one of Igor's pet annoyances, and when Igor gets annoyed at something, he often makes up stuff). NOT rubbers (illegal or rec or otherwise). If it's real, who would be affected? Haifu. And maybe Dianchi (they've got all of ONE rubber in the LARC, and considering that few people have heard of it and none of the big retailers sell it they probably sell two or three DOZEN sheets a year). Haifu and Dianchi's sheets are still listed on the LARC, though Seamoon and Dianchi Oil is getting hard to find. And it would be really easy to circumvent - just pour the Seamoon into bottles with a different brand name. None of the other booster companies (Falco, Wendy, LiDu, Kailan, er, Kailin, etc.) sell rubber, so I don't see how this can have any effect on them.

(Hmm.. interesting that "indubitable" is an actual word.. :lol: )

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 06:50 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

There he goes again. Earlier in the thread he calls me a conspiracy theorist and hater. Now he lies about there being no evidence. Claims I probably made this all up out of bad feelings towards the ITTF. Insinuates that an authentic quote from a recent document on the ITTF website is of “dubious provenance.”

I’ll unpack this one more time.

1. The ITTF threatens manufacturers to stop selling products for treating rubbers, otherwise their rubbers will be removed from the LARC and their equipment will no longer be authorized.

2. Dr. Neubauer starts selling Super Block Extreme. Not a rubber treatment product, but an actually treated rubber (albeit clearly identified as not having ITTF homologation).

3. Super Block Extreme suddenly disappears without a trace within one month of introduction.

Do the math.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 07:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I got an idea . Why don't we ask some of the vendors in Europe - for example : TTMaximum- the reason for them not selling it any more?

Maybe they can shed some light over the discussion . BTW, Iskandar, I don't think mynamenotbob is a hater . Perhaps he did not like the fact that he had to spend a lot of money when trying to find a decent replacement for SB,... there were at the time very good substitutes which were banned within weeks of their launching into the market, hence, more money had to be spent . :sweat:

I don't think you would have had a great memory of those times if you were to invest a lot of money in finding a workable replacement . :lol: :lol: . Perhaps you endorse the ITTF??? - kidding - . I am sure you can understand mynamenotbob's disappointment . However, your not criticising the ITTF -which is a valid stance - may not be seen as such a caring approach .

Perhaps the solution would be a short note from D.N stating ,in a brief note on his website what really happened

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 10:36 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
birchamboi wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
for recreational players who want to enjoy playing defense at the table in informal play...

Yeah. Right. Anyone who believes this needs to check themselves into a mental health facility.

The Neubauer ad clearly says "Please note that the rubber does not have ITTF homologation." Also there is no ITTF logo or approval number. And it's not listed on the ITTF LARC. You wouldn't be allowed to use Super Block Extreme in official competition.

I do believe you're missing my point. I understand the good doctor is not trying to pass his stuff off as ITTF approved. My point is that asking us to believe that "recreational players" are not going to use it in "official competition" is ridiculous. Sorry, but I'm not that gullible.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 10:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mynamenotbob wrote:
I’ll unpack this one more time.

1. The ITTF threatens manufacturers to stop selling products for treating rubbers, otherwise their rubbers will be removed from the LARC and their equipment will no longer be authorized.

2. Dr. Neubauer starts selling Super Block Extreme. Not a rubber treatment product, but an actually treated rubber (albeit clearly identified as not having ITTF homologation).

3. Super Block Extreme suddenly disappears without a trace within one month of introduction.

Do the math.

The "math" shouts "conspiracy". No real evidence, just supposition. Simple. It's like all that stuff about Obama being born in Kenya. To people who subscribed to Breitbart and Infowars, such flimsy "evidence" is convincing. Everyone else sees it for what it is.

As far as "supporting" ITTF, I don't have any emotional interest in the matter, or in ITTF. But I really don't like unfair attacks. And I think NotBob is the one being unfair here. Until some actual, concrete evidence appears to show me otherwise. If he can actually show that ITTF made Dr. N pull the product, or Dr. N actually says so, I'll readily change my mind.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 11:20 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Now he adds "unfair" to the personal attacks against me. Earlier in the thread he calls me a conspiracy theorist and hater. He lies about there being no evidence. Claims I probably made this all up out of bad feelings towards the ITTF. Insinuates that an authentic quote from a recent document on the ITTF website is of “dubious provenance.”

I think the hate is clearly from a certain forum member towards me personally.

I put the information out there. Everyone is free to accept it or not. Doesn't matter to me.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 11:40 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
Now he adds "unfair" to the personal attacks against me. Earlier in the thread he calls me a conspiracy theorist and hater. He lies about there being no evidence. Claims I probably made this all up out of bad feelings towards the ITTF. Insinuates that an authentic quote from a recent document on the ITTF website is of “dubious provenance.”

I think the hate is clearly from a certain forum member towards me personally.

I put the information out there. Everyone is free to accept it or not. Doesn't matter to me.

Which quote are we talking about here? Could not find link to one in this thread.

Also, I did not see any 'hate' so far: disagreement and some skepticism, yes. It does not equal 'hate', though,

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 11:41 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

birchamboi wrote:
I do believe you're missing my point. I understand the good doctor is not trying to pass his stuff off as ITTF approved. My point is that asking us to believe that "recreational players" are not going to use it in "official competition" is ridiculous. Sorry, but I'm not that gullible.

I've heard that there are 30,000 club players in the U.S., of which about 8,000 are registered USATT members eligible to play in tournaments. People who just play at their club use all kinds of non-ITTF compliant equipment. I don't believe I'd be allowed to use Super Block Extreme in USATT competition. Maybe I'm wrong.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 11:45 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Do I need to do everyone's work here? Page 48.

https://cdn.vpn7.net/eu/2019/04/AGM_BoD ... N_2019.pdf

Attachments:
Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 10.14.57 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 10.14.57 PM.png [ 36.41 KiB | Viewed 1471 times ]

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 11:54 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
mynamenotbob wrote:

If you want to make a convincing case for your argument, then yes. Otherwise it's just opinions.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 12:03 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

pgpg wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

If you want to make a convincing case for your argument, then yes. Otherwise it's just opinions.

You're right. I would have done a better presentation if I was trying to convince people (which I'm not).

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 12:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mynamenotbob wrote:

Oh sure. Putting information up is fine. But you don't have the right to not have it criticized or challenged.

As for hating/not hating the ITTF - well, you don't exactly keep it secret.

mynamenotbob wrote:

Broken link. And if it were an official ITTF document, why would it be on "vpn7.net"?

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next