OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2019, 02:54 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Gzubik wrote:
Can anyone compare this long pimple to Kamikaze?

Just saw this. I've used both rubbers. They both generate a very low trajectory, good dampening effect and good spin reversal on blocks. The Elite Long, despite having similar passive spin reversal to the Kamikaze, is able to generate more of its own spin, and so it's very good for attacking (and also creating all sorts of funky effects if you use your wrist on contact during blocks). For long-distance chopping, the Kamikaze is easier to use (you can put pretty much anything back on the table), but the Elite Long generates heavier underspin on chops once you get the hang of it.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2019, 15:22 

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Gzubik wrote:
Can anyone compare this long pimple to Kamikaze?

Just saw this. I've used both rubbers. They both generate a very low trajectory, good dampening effect and good spin reversal on blocks. The Elite Long, despite having similar passive spin reversal to the Kamikaze, is able to generate more of its own spin, and so it's very good for attacking (and also creating all sorts of funky effects if you use your wrist on contact during blocks). For long-distance chopping, the Kamikaze is easier to use (you can put pretty much anything back on the table), but the Elite Long generates heavier underspin on chops once you get the hang of it.
How a speed and spin sensetive?

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 03:42 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Gzubik wrote:

Not very sensitive to spin, I'd say. Maybe Kamikaze is even less spin-sensitive, but I'm not even sure about that; they seem similar.

As for speed, I'd say it's a bit faster than Kamikaze, but again, not a huge difference.

If you're asking how sensitive to the opponent's speed it is, I'd say, again, maybe slightly more sensitive than the Kamikaze. If you're blocking passively against a topspin drive, you need to catch the ball right off the bounce to prevent it from shooting up, but that's usually the case with any LP.

Overall, however, I'd say that the Elite Long and Kamikaze are similar enough. I think the Elite Long is better at higher levels, in that the Kamikaze is better if your goal is to play a largely passive game where you put the ball back on the table (with some spin reversal on blocks and some underspin on chops) more times than your opponent, but the Elite Long is better if you intend to attack or vary the spin more or chop with heavier underspin.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 04:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Gzubik wrote:

Not very sensitive to spin, I'd say. Maybe Kamikaze is even less spin-sensitive, but I'm not even sure about that; they seem similar.

As for speed, I'd say it's a bit faster than Kamikaze, but again, not a huge difference.

If you're asking how sensitive to the opponent's speed it is, I'd say, again, maybe slightly more sensitive than the Kamikaze. If you're blocking passively against a topspin drive, you need to catch the ball right off the bounce to prevent it from shooting up, but that's usually the case with any LP.

Overall, however, I'd say that the Elite Long and Kamikaze are similar enough. I think the Elite Long is better at higher levels, in that the Kamikaze is better if your goal is to play a largely passive game where you put the ball back on the table (with some spin reversal on blocks and some underspin on chops) more times than your opponent, but the Elite Long is better if you intend to attack or vary the spin more or chop with heavier underspin.

Would you say Kamikaze is better than DG? ..... What are the advantages of Kamikaze over DG ?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 06:03 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

charmander defender wrote:
Would you say Kamikaze is better than DG? ..... What are the advantages of Kamikaze over DG ?

I tried the Dornenglanz only briefly back during the celluloid ball era, found (as many others did) that the pips broke too quickly, and also thought that the rubber was safe and effective but also too predictable (good for blocking loops with some reversal but not for a more dynamic pips game with spin variation) and gave up on it, so it's hard for me to compare these two (especially because I have no idea how DG plays with the plastic ball ... though I gather from people's comments that it still works well. I'd say that the Kamikaze is in the same general direction as DG, but if DG is working for you, you probably don't have any compelling reason to switch unless you have the issue of DG's pips breaking.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2019, 01:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
charmander defender wrote:

I tried the Dornenglanz only briefly back during the celluloid ball era, found (as many others did) that the pips broke too quickly, and also thought that the rubber was safe and effective but also too predictable (good for blocking loops with some reversal but not for a more dynamic pips game with spin variation) and gave up on it, so it's hard for me to compare these two (especially because I have no idea how DG plays with the plastic ball ... though I gather from people's comments that it still works well. I'd say that the Kamikaze is in the same general direction as DG, but if DG is working for you, you probably don't have any compelling reason to switch unless you have the issue of DG's pips breaking.

Thanks ! :) . I was just curious about its performance.Also, another famous pip is Hellfire but some people say it does not work ok with the new ball .

It also seems that some sheets are faster than others.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2019, 17:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I've returned to Dr Neubauer Troublemaker OX. I found DMS ELITE LONG was easier for opponents to play against, and harder for me to control the rally. TM is also more effective at serving. Yes, ELITE LONG hits and chops well, but for me at least, this came at too high a price. I will add that ELITE LONG appears to be extremely durable.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 00:00 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I was wondering how it was going for you, thanks for posting your update!

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 04:52 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

nathanso wrote:
I've returned to Dr Neubauer Troublemaker OX. I found DMS ELITE LONG was easier for opponents to play against, and harder for me to control the rally. TM is also more effective at serving. Yes, ELITE LONG hits and chops well, but for me at least, this came at too high a price. I will add that ELITE LONG appears to be extremely durable.

I'll put in a second word for "extremely durable." No issues with broken pips after a bunch of months. I think the Elite Long requires playing a bit more actively than the Troublemaker, but it also creates, in my estimation, more problems for higher-level opponents when played at its best.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2020, 00:04 
Super User

nathanso wrote:
I just purchased and mounted a sheet of der-materialspezialist ELITE LONG OX red. Very unusual LP. The back is matte and completely non-tacky while the front comes out of the package with an inverted-like plastic protector sheet lightly stuck to the tips of the smooth pips. This is the first LP I've ever encountered that has such a protective sheet on its hitting surface. It may be to make gluing easier, or it may be to keep the pip tips fresh until install, I cannot say for sure. It did seem to make the sheet more ridged so I ended up leaving it on until after I had applied and cut the LP to my blade. I attached it with a Donic glue sheet; a process that was uneventful.

I haven't had a chance to play with this LP yet but it looks to have a lot of potential based on the properties of the rubber itself, i.e. very stretchy, very strong, stiff, and sticky. The pips are horizontally aligned, smooth tipped, cylindrical, and widely spaced. My next visit to the TT club is Thursday evening so follow this thread for my upcoming review.

What blade is that?

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2021, 06:26 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
does someone had problem with the tin sponge of the elite long rubber ? It is quite look like felt. I glued mine and it rippled and unsticked from the rubber.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2021, 21:05 
Super User

Elite Long 0,5mm is suitable for chop to mid distance? and OX?
regards

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!