OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 12:56 

I read somewhere on this forum that some company in Japan or somewhere makes extra oversized blades, rubbers etc. Can someone provide me this information and how to contact them etc.

I saw this cheap Tibhar extra oversized blade at some tournament and bought it at paddle palace booth. SOmething like 180 cm by 180 cm. The rubbers were all dead like anti . I asked Tibhar to make me a custom blade & cut large rubbers. They asked me politely to f--- off . But if a pro had asked it would have been made in 10 minutes. This is why I hate the mainstream manufacturers. We give them the business & they give the pros free stuff...sort of LOL

I want to but both rubbers (inverted & long pips) & the blade

I could have someone make a custom blade but where would I buy rubbers to fit ?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 13:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

TofinMaulder wrote:
I saw this cheap Tibhar extra oversized blade at some tournament and bought it at paddle palace booth. SOmething like 180 cm by 180 cm. The rubbers were all dead like anti . I asked Tibhar to make me a custom blade & cut large rubbers. They asked me politely to f--- off .

ROFL..

TofinMaulder wrote:
But if a pro had asked it would have been made in 10 minutes. This is why I hate the mainstream manufacturers. We give them the business & they give the pros free stuff...sort of LOL

I want to but both rubbers (inverted & long pips) & the blade

I could have someone make a custom blade but where would I buy rubbers to fit ?

:lol: 10 minutes would depend on whether the rubber sheets they want are actually made in 18x18 cm. Looking through my records, most Chinese sheets are between 160x160mm and 165x170mm, with the odd one extending to 170x174mm (this one being that large pore sponge 729 Super FX that Eacheng sells - which reinforces my opinion that it isn't an official 729 product). Just about all the Tensors I've measured were approximately 170x170mm, while that one sheet of Evolution MX-P was 168x170mm (which reinforces my suspicion that it is NOT a ESN Tensor). Long pips sheets tend to be bigger (I suppose they know a lot will be going on oversized blades) - 388D and 388D-1 were over 180x180 (one sheet was actually 180x190). Yinhe Neptune (0.7mm sponge) was 168x172. So no, they wouldn't be able to fit rubbers on a 180x180 blade in 10 minutes, in fact I don't think they'd be able to make one at ALL unless all the rubber sheets, as they come out of the mold, are 180x180 and are trimmed to size 10mm on each side. Can't make larger molds either (maybe $500 for a set of molds and maybe 3-4 months lead time) since the molds won't fit the steam-curing machines. So unless you're willing to accept seams in the rubber, it'd be a non-starter. Best you could hope for would be some non-standard rec-quality rubber (which is what was probably on that Tibhar racket you saw). I was told that in England, in the old days (maybe up to the 1970s) if you wanted that classic British Leyland rubber they used back then, you could go to a sports shop - the stuff came in yard-wide rolls and they'd cut off a piece for you.

Yeah, definitely a plot by ITTF to exterminate choppers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 16:54 

iskandar taib wrote:

Yeah, definitely a plot by ITTF to exterminate choppers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar
[/quote]

Huh !?