OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 18:44 

Blade: stiga ebenholz nct VII
hello fellow tt players!
First message to this great forum.
I am an intermediate off player and i like to play close and mid-distance mostly.
I have a stiga ebenholz vii blade wich is hard and stiff and i am a bit confused about the rubbers cause i don't have the luxury to test various rubbers..
Any suggestion more than welcome..

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 20:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Tenergy 05? :lol: Hundreds of pros can't be wrong...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 20:05 
Super User

Hi, What are you using now that you are not satisfied with?

Generally, people recommend only changing one thing at a time (blade OR rubber).

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 22:16 
Super User

Ok, on a more generalized perspective, I find the Ebenholz fairly hard, somewhat flexible, but "boxy" and low density/hollow. This boxy nature amplifies the feel of flexibility and give it a slightly springy, rubber band like non-linear feel. Honestly, I hated it...

But, since you have it already, try to counter-act those characteristics with hard rubbers. H3, 729 Bloom Power works alright. If you prefer ESN, I like Andro Hexer HD the best. Calderano and Gauzy uses the Gatien Absolum, which is similar to your Ebenholz. I think They chose the hardest versions of Xiom Omega VII and Andro Rasanter.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2019, 02:46 

Blade: Joola Carbon Pro
FH: LKT Rapid Speed 1.8
BH: Tibhar Grass D'tecs - OX
modeplagal wrote:
hello fellow tt players!
First message to this great forum.
I am an intermediate off player and i like to play close and mid-distance mostly.
I have a stiga ebenholz vii blade wich is hard and stiff and i am a bit confused about the rubbers cause i don't have the luxury to test various rubbers..
Any suggestion more than welcome..

With the current information I'd go with TSP p3 Alpha for the BH and Mark V for FH :angel:

But seriously, could you give some more info. A bit more on prefered gametype and your strong and weak points.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2019, 09:39 

lasta wrote:
Hi, What are you using now that you are not satisfied with?

Generally, people recommend only changing one thing at a time (blade OR rubber).

i have yinhe moon max tense but i feel that the combination is dull.I don't have great technique to create spin out of nothing and since i prefer to be in mid-distance from the table , i litterally struggle to pass the ball.I can only smash and its not my style of play or at least what i enjoy the most.i prefer more technical play based on spin and chop.
(excuse me if i dont explain well , my english is not so good and i dont know the terminology).

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2019, 11:37 
Super User

I would first recommend you stick to your current equipment, get familiar with them and spend more effort working through the techniques.

But honestly, Ebenholz is not suited for chopping.

Most choppers use long pips with slow/dampening blades, the exact opposite of what you have.

Unfortunately, I can't give you any more recommendations because I can't chop if my life depended on it.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2019, 16:56 

I am sorry, not chop. Block.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2019, 02:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

From what I understand, the Ebenholz VII is essentially the Clipper with ebony face plies. I imagine it's going to be heavy, fairly fast and would feel hard and crisp (due to the face plies). Ebony and rosewood faced all-wood blades are fairly popular with the top players (at least, the Chinese), at least they were until the new ball, after that many have switched to carbon/carbon-arylate.

The problems you're having might actually have nothing to do with the rubber - why did you choose this blade in the first place? And why Yinhe Moon? If you don't like Yinhe Moon, and don't feel like you're getting enough spin, try a Tensor (either a hard one - say, Evolution MX-P or a soft one - Rakza 7 perhaps). Or maybe you could go to a five ply blade.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2019, 06:28 

first of all i dont think its heavy.The handle is empty in its core with a bit heavier blade, something that it comes very comfortable to my hand. after trying it i felt that gives me great feel and control.Its fast and crisp as you've said something that i also like.
My rubbers was with the blade as a suggestion that suit to the blade.Since i was not satisfied with the rubbers and since i dont have the luxury to try different rubbers , i thought to ask you your help..

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2019, 10:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Well, try one sheet of a Tensoroid (they are expensive so try one first - I suggest Evolution MX-P, even though it's probably actually Japanese rather than a Tensor) and see if it fixes things. I guess the thing is.. we get all these posts asking "what rubber is good for xxxx blade", like there's a certain rubber that's best for a given blade. Things aren't that simple - there are probably DOZENS of different rubbers that would work in a given situation, because rubbers are more alike than they're not alike. What works depends on many, many, many things, mainly the player him/her self, since it's often a feel thing.

Iskandar