OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: LP forehand technique
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 05:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Looking for videos or coaching suggestions on techniques to used when I flip my LP to my FH and am "caught" with them there. Any help appreciated.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 05:24 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
Greg Letts has a lot of LP/anti videos on his channel; in the one below he demonstrates both BH and FH techniques:

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 07:36 

Blade: Joola Carbon Pro
FH: LKT Rapid Speed 1.8
BH: Tibhar Grass D'tecs - OX
I second the above. That man is a hero for putting so much detailed LP info online.
I recomment you also look up his general video about twiddling on YT... or all his LP coaching video's on his channel for that matter. Really good info for intermediate and advanced players.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 08:26 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
vanjr wrote:
Looking for videos or coaching suggestions on techniques to used when I flip my LP to my FH and am "caught" with them there. Any help appreciated.

When I get caught out on the forehand with the pips I bump or passive block if at the table. Of course, underspin can be hit.

Often when I play lower-rated players, I'll play the whole match with the LP on the forehand. It's great practice.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2019, 04:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
vanjr wrote:

When I get caught out on the forehand with the pips I bump or passive block if at the table. Of course, underspin can be hit.

Often when I play lower-rated players, I'll play the whole match with the LP on the forehand. It's great practice.

right now i plan to play do exactly that. I plan to play at least the first two games in club play with LP on my FH and work on it over then next few weeks.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2019, 05:50 

vanjr wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
vanjr wrote:

right now i plan to play do exactly that. I plan to play at least the first two games in club play with LP on my FH and work on it over then next few weeks.

Just be cateful not to become to passive nor to aggressive with the LP strokes wenn you practice against lower-rated players on a high frequency. Happened to me in the past... took me 2 years to correct :lol:

(Perhaps I just lost focus on reality and the actual goals back then, but altering your game against weaker opponents is so tempting)

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019, 23:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Carpe Noctem wrote:

Just be cateful not to become to passive nor to aggressive with the LP strokes wenn you practice against lower-rated players on a high frequency. Happened to me in the past... took me 2 years to correct :lol:

(Perhaps I just lost focus on reality and the actual goals back then, but altering your game against weaker opponents is so tempting)

This is my only option. We have a small club and only 1 player is above my level and his attendance is sporadic. I can also work on making my BH LP game so good that I do not need to flip it, but there is something exhilarating about flipping it and ripping it with my BH.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2019, 04:49 

I hear you! Flipping is awesome if you got enough time to practice.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2019, 05:02 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Before I'd get locked down on the backhand with the pips. I'm too fat and slow, so stepping around is difficult and inconsistent. Flipping regularly and playing from both sides has become an effective weapon and a joy. It feels very weird at first but keep at it. You'll get used to it.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics