OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2019, 01:42 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Hi everybody! A while ago I got some of the frictionless anti to try. I put them on the Donic Defplay Senso V3 blades I had sitting around. I didn't have a lot of time to practice with it, and I had tournaments coming up, so I didn't give it much of a try. But now that it's going to be a while until my next tournament, I thought maybe I'd give them a try again.
Had a hit with them (Scandal and Diabolic Extra Slow) yesterday and felt like I wasn't getting very good effect from them. Not a lot of spin reversal and not dropping them very short. I know part of that is technique, but I feel like part of that might be the blade too.
I've been doing some reading, including Kees' outstanding article on balsa and different types of blades. I'm leaning towards getting something with carbon in it to give the frictionless anti another try, but I thought I'd look for advice first.
What would the group here recommend I try, to get the maximum effect from those types of anti rubbers? As this is just a test for me, I don't want to spend a lot on a blade, so if the prices of the blades are economical I'd appreciate that. :)
Feel free to also give more moderately prices options. With holiday sales coming up, maybe I could spend up a bit.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2019, 01:50 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
avoid balsa!

you need stiff/hard blades for the best reversal.

i would strongly recommend blades such as der-materialspezialist carbon deluxe, revolution or barna triumph.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2019, 06:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
There is also a defensive blade, Stiga Def Pro with a carbon layer, that works really good with the thinnest antis, like Reflection 0.9. I guess it would work with Scandal 0.9 also. With that you will have incredible control but I could not loop well with that blade.

Many uses Yinhe T-6 for anti but I have no experience from that. The blades Amir mentioned are very good for blocking with anti but you might have problem looping with them, the dwell time is extremely short.

Another blade that is good for anti-blocking, but more allround and good for looping, is Dr Neubauer Matador (Luka's blade).

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2019, 22:33 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Thanks for the suggestions! I definitely want something that I can still loop with. I'll take a look at those blades (and their prices) and maybe pick one out. I knew I'd get some great recommendations!

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2019, 01:26 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

After the recommendations I've read in this and other threads here on OOAK, I've decided to get the Dr Neubauer Matador. It's less expensive than the DMS Carbon Ultra and I've seen many good things about it. And it's the type of blade where, even if I end up sticking with long pips, I could still experiment with this blade and see if it can improve my LP play. Thanks again everyone!
Oh, also, along with the blade I ordered some Dr. Neubauer ABS2 Soft 2.3 to try with it. Should be fun.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2019, 02:02 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
With slick anti, you need a hard (harder it is, the more spin reversal you'll get generally) blade for best the spin reversal. But the main problem here is that you can't loop well with a hard blade. Matador is a good compromise, definitely better than defplay senso (I have both, and with the defplay it's too slow, not very disruptive for the opponent).

I can see you're a long pips player, I may suggest you to look at some combi blade, who are very good with long pips too, like the OSP Immune 0x Pushblocker (handcraft blade): hard in the backhand and not so hard in the forehand, allowing you to do great loops. It's a very popular blade here in France for long pips player/anti player.
Only con: the price (117euros + shipping)

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2019, 04:09 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Cool, thanks for the tip!

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2019, 04:40 

Blade: ANTI HERO
FH: PISTOL(1.00mm)
BH: VORTEX(1.2MM)
ANTI HERO blade(made byStefan Elsner) I use on backhand VORTEX anti(made by SpinLab) and forhnad Dr.Neubauer PİSTOL(1.00mm). I play nearlly 10 years frictionless anti.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2019, 14:41 

Blade: Palio Tct
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft (Max)
BH: Nittaku Best Anti (1.3mm)
I use Dr Neubauer Bloodhound with my Vortex anti. This carbon blade All, All+ speed with medium hard and medium stiff. Not the fastest but the control very good and the spin reversal also good.

But true! Fanti need hard and stiff blade but many blade with hard and stiff feeling very fast.
I've been looking for a long time that kind of blade with realtive "slow" speed but i not find yet.

Maybe Yinhe T-6 or the 2016-2017 Nittaku Shake defense? But really hard to find this blades.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2019, 17:32 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Gery06 wrote:
I use Dr Neubauer Bloodhound with my Vortex anti. This carbon blade All, All+ speed with medium hard and medium stiff. Not the fastest but the control very good and the spin reversal also good.

But true! Fanti need hard and stiff blade but many blade with hard and stiff feeling very fast.
I've been looking for a long time that kind of blade with realtive "slow" speed but i not find yet.

Maybe Yinhe T-6 or the 2016-2017 Nittaku Shake defense? But really hard to find this blades.
I have tried the Bloodhound also, too high throw for me. A stiff and slow blade is Stiga Defence Pro. Great for blocking with anti and very safe.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2019, 22:25 

Blade: Palio Tct
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft (Max)
BH: Nittaku Best Anti (1.3mm)
I never try this Stiga defense pro... This stiga little bit same like old Nittaku Shake Defense before 2017?
I not try the new NSD 2018 edition with dark handle.

Maybe the Stiga allround classic carbon also good?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2019, 03:29 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I have never tried NSD. I have heard that Stiga Allround Carbon also is good for anti-blocking.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2019, 00:58 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Had my first session with the Matador and the ABS2 Soft 2.3 on Sunday. The session included a couple of practice matches and an hour of coaching from someone who is very experienced playing with pips and anti. It's going to take some adjustments, But at the end of the day I felt pretty decent about how much I'd already learned about the proper technique.
The difference was night and day when it came to effectiveness of the rubber on the Matador, as opposed to when I tried frictionless anti on my Defplay Senso V3. It was much more effective and controllable.
One aspect I really liked already was the stability in attacking under and float balls. With a stiff wrist and open blade, I could punch any under spin ball and return a wobbly, moderately top spin ball. I could even use a more traditional flip/drive type of shot. Against medium height float balls and very soft loops I was getting pretty good with punching nasty fast flat balls.
I will need to work on consistency of blade angle, especially against heavy loops. And while the ABS2 Soft didn't give me the super short/spin reversal, what others have noted here (like Def Attack in his comments and videos) it did give some reversal, while allowing me to do an active game with it.
I think I'm going to dedicate time to seeing how this will perform for me. I'll probably try another thickness of the ABS2 Soft, need to figure out if I should try 2.1 or 2.5. Also might see if I can get one of the DMS sheets that I have on my Defplay off of there without ruining it and give those a try on the Matador too. Another side benefit I noticed, I'm getting a lot more power on my forehand too, and it's still pretty controlled. I feel like the throw angle is a little lower, but when I get into one, it's a noticeable difference.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2019, 00:51 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

dwruck wrote:
Had my first session with the Matador and the ABS2 Soft 2.3 on Sunday. The session included a couple of practice matches and an hour of coaching from someone who is very experienced playing with pips and anti. It's going to take some adjustments, But at the end of the day I felt pretty decent about how much I'd already learned about the proper technique.
The difference was night and day when it came to effectiveness of the rubber on the Matador, as opposed to when I tried frictionless anti on my Defplay Senso V3. It was much more effective and controllable.
One aspect I really liked already was the stability in attacking under and float balls. With a stiff wrist and open blade, I could punch any under spin ball and return a wobbly, moderately top spin ball. I could even use a more traditional flip/drive type of shot. Against medium height float balls and very soft loops I was getting pretty good with punching nasty fast flat balls.
I will need to work on consistency of blade angle, especially against heavy loops. And while the ABS2 Soft didn't give me the super short/spin reversal, what others have noted here (like Def Attack in his comments and videos) it did give some reversal, while allowing me to do an active game with it.
I think I'm going to dedicate time to seeing how this will perform for me. I'll probably try another thickness of the ABS2 Soft, need to figure out if I should try 2.1 or 2.5. Also might see if I can get one of the DMS sheets that I have on my Defplay off of there without ruining it and give those a try on the Matador too. Another side benefit I noticed, I'm getting a lot more power on my forehand too, and it's still pretty controlled. I feel like the throw angle is a little lower, but when I get into one, it's a noticeable difference.
Sound good! Don't spend your money on another thickness of ABS2 soft, you will not notice any big difference. Instead try Reflection 0.9 mm or 1.2 mm or ABS2 regular.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2019, 05:33 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Once I get the additional Matador blades I'm going to try some of the DMS rubbers that I had on my Defplay Senso. I have a sheet of the Diabolic Extra Slow 1.2 and Scandal 1.2. Since TT11 has a pretty good sale on the ABS2 Soft right now, I did order a different thickness to try as well. I will have to look, I might have a sheet of ABS or ABS2 that I got quite a while ago that I never used, maybe I'll give that a shot also.
Going to continue to try to get at least weekly coaching sessions with this too. It's different enough from LP that I feel like the guidance will help me to learn to use them the right way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next