OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 02:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2019, 16:31 

Blade: viscaria
FH: rakza7
BH: rakza7
Hi All respected members,
thanks all for valuable suggestion from you all, i had chosen the rakza7 as my fh and bh rubber and i must admit that my game has improved a lot in many aspect, and also my club players agree to it too!
now to bring my spin game to next level [working on my skills too] i am looking for more spinner rubber specially for bh [but controlwise similar to rakza7]....people on internet suggest acuda_s1 and baracuda more spinner and controlled than rakza7.....can you all please share your thoughts/experiences for other spinner and controllable rubber than them?
or should i go with baracuda only [it is spinnest and controllable of all three baracuda>acuda_s1>rakza7]

Is in your views the baracuda, acuda_s1 are much slower than the rakza7.

excuse me if i sound repeatative!

Thanks and regards.

Last edited by vishal01 on 04 Dec 2019, 19:44, edited 3 times in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2019, 18:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Reactor Ckylin.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 19:15 

Rakza 7 is plenty spinny. It has a spin rating of 95/100 FFS! Your problem is not the rubber, it's your technique. Sure you could buy another rubber but that would be focusing on the wrong thing.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 19:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Actually, I'd argue there's no problem at all.. he just wants something "better".. :lol: Never mind that it probably doesn't really exist, and most other rubbers (Tenergy 05 anyone? :lol: ) would actually be detrimental.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 23:46 

I've played with both, and Baracuda seems indeed a bit spinnier but also slightly slower than Rakza 7. However, differences are fairly small and technique is far more important. Note that it's quite a while since I've played with these, when we had the celluloid ball. Can't say anything about how they play with the plastic ball.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 23:48 
Super User

Rakza is plenty spinny. I would call all the other listed ones as sidegrades rather than an "upgrade". If you are getting better, stick with it. Get a new sheet every few months.

The other option is try try them all. You never know unless you feel for yourself. Baracuda is well known for being grippy.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2019, 02:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'd compromise. Try new stuff, but only when the old stuff has worn out. That way you don't waste money. What happens if the new sheet's no good, though? Then you can get rid of it quicker. But my prediction is that this won't happen - in fact, I suspect you wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyhow. :lol: Mind you, ANY new rubber would "feel better" than an older, worn-out sheet. And Tensors like Rakza and Baracuda wear out (or go "flat") relatively quickly anyhow, since the boosting wears off in a month or two.

My actual policy is to NEVER buy the same (expensive) rubber twice... :lol: Gone through a LOT of sheets, and I can't say I've found anything to be radically different than anything else (other than Ckylin, and perhaps H3 and 999). The only rubber I found that was totally unusable was Ckylin.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2019, 12:46 

Blade: viscaria
FH: rakza7
BH: rakza7
i tried baracuda, acuda s2, rakza7, xiom VP borrowing from my club members and indeed there is no as such day and night differences between them in terms of spin and speed...now i am wondering which rubber will be of the least priced among all such similar tensor rubbers[like baracuda, acuda, akza7, xiom VP and etc.].

They must be tensor, rgt?

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2019, 14:29 
Super User

vishal01 wrote:
i tried baracuda, acuda s2, rakza7, xiom VP borrowing from my club members and indeed there is no as such day and night differences between them in terms of spin and speed...now i am wondering which rubber will be of the least priced among all such similar tensor rubbers[like baracuda, acuda, akza7, xiom VP and etc.].

Rakza 7 is pretty affordable. FOr the rest, look at TT11 prices.

IMO, EJ'ing is fun. By the time you reach your 20th rubbers, you will play better. But its because you played more. By that time, you pick up a fresh sheet of Rakza 7 and will realize that it plays just as good and whatever you had before, rubbers are different marginally at best.

Your technique will skyrocket when you focus on it and not your gear. When your your basics are down pat, you can loop with hard rubber and soft rubber.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2019, 15:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

vishal01 wrote:

Try a Chinese sheet. Say, Big Dipper. Or even AK47 blue. Test it back to back with a Tensor. You'll be surprised at how little difference there is. Heck, try a $5 sheet - Yinhe 9000, Yinhe Mercury II, Reactor Corbor. (Yeah, H3 would be different.. )

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2019, 15:44 
Super User

BUT, just to bring things back to the "right" direction. Blade variations are dramatic. Even a small change in thickness will produce much different feels.

Read up on TTGear Lab, then skim through the MyTT posts by JRSDallas. Those are a good start. About 2 dozen blade purchases should bring an adequate understanding of "construction types" and performance profiles. Then you can get into custom-blade discussions about optimizing the "feel".

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2019, 10:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yes.. This I definitely agree with. Differences between rubbers are small, but change the blade and you might be forced to totally change the way you play. Even ostensibly similar blades (e.g. "five ply all wood") can vary enough that you'd have to adjust your strokes. I suppose even different examples of the same blade can vary radically in weight. (So can rubber, by the way.. if you've weighed a lot of sheets of the same type you'll see sheet weights vary over 10 grams sometimes.)

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!