OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019, 05:53 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
I also love tack chop and TSP triple spin, but I think those are different than Reflectoid and 729 Fx in that they are always slow. Good for defense, less so for offense. In 1mm though, I imagine the offense is roughly the same. I use 1.5mm...

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019, 14:50 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Japsican wrote:
I also love tack chop and TSP triple spin, but I think those are different than Reflectoid and 729 Fx in that they are always slow. Good for defense, less so for offense. In 1mm though, I imagine the offense is roughly the same. I use 1.5mm...

I love Tackiness Chop also. It's great for blocking. Higher throw than Reflectoid, which I'm not sure if I like or not. Tried TSP Triple Spin a long time ago and thought it was just like Tibhar Super 40 Defense.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2019, 04:31 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32388799 ... lsrc=aw.ds

It seems this black one in 1.00 might be the option you are looking for . At least , it is cheap though.
Maybe, I could try it out as well. Thank you Japsi!!! :) :)

I also found good reviews on tt11 : https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng ... bluesponge

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2019, 05:05 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

charmander defender wrote:
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32388799591.html?src=google&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&aff_platform=google&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&&albagn=888888&albcp=1633820309&albag=63890294393&trgt=743612850874&crea=es32388799591&netw=u&device=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9pb4rqXb5QIVkEDTCh3YcgcZEAQYASABEgLMdPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It seems this black one in 1.00 might be the option you are looking for . At least , it is cheap though.
Maybe, I could try it out as well. Thank you Japsi!!! :) :)

I also found good reviews on tt11 : https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng ... bluesponge

Definitely will try it.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2019, 05:39 

If you click on my link below (comprehensive thin inverted) that’s a good list to look at. Time to refresh it too.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2019, 09:07 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
If you click on my link below (comprehensive thin inverted) that’s a good list to look at. Time to refresh it too.

On your list ,Nittaku Moristo DEF 1.2 / 1.4 / 1.8

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2019, 14:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Japsican wrote:
Mnnb, without a doubt you must try 729FX large pore blue sponge. It too is a weird rubber like reflectoid in that it is forgiving in some strokes, dampening (depending), great for pushes and chops without too much pace, but can be deadly on offense depending on your technique. It’s also cheaper... I think reflectoid is a bit tackier though.

IMO it’s the most forgiving chopping rubber ever...kind of a “squishy “ feel which I like..., yet faster on offense then Reflectoid, but less dampening on passive strokes, but not by much.

I will likely invert eventually to 729FX full time. Available on aliexpess and places like that.

Out of curiosity.. how close (or different) is Reflectoid to 729 Super FX? Is it tacky?

It turns out 729 was OEMing Reflectoid (you can read the details elsewhere).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2019, 23:33 

iskandar taib wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Mnnb, without a doubt you must try 729FX large pore blue sponge. It too is a weird rubber like reflectoid in that it is forgiving in some strokes, dampening (depending), great for pushes and chops without too much pace, but can be deadly on offense depending on your technique. It’s also cheaper... I think reflectoid is a bit tackier though.

IMO it’s the most forgiving chopping rubber ever...kind of a “squishy “ feel which I like..., yet faster on offense then Reflectoid, but less dampening on passive strokes, but not by much.

I will likely invert eventually to 729FX full time. Available on aliexpess and places like that.

Out of curiosity.. how close (or different) is Reflectoid to 729 Super FX? Is it tacky?

It turns out 729 was OEMing Reflectoid (you can read the details elsewhere).

Iskandar

I saw that thread.

They are similar in some ways very similar and very different in others. The sponges are different. The large pored 729 sponge, I believe is a custom sponge or non-OEM deal done by the people selling them on Ali/Eacheng. It's blue on black topsheets, red on the red topsheets. The quality and adhesion is factory comparable (topsheet to sponge), but the large pores give it a lot of forgiveness for chopping. It can also make it relatively fast for looping, especially in thicker sizes (as you experienced). So, given the sponges are completely different, it's definitely not OEM'd re-versioning of reflectoid.

Also, the topsheets have a different quality and I believe the pips to be taller in reflectoid (I'd have to look at the 729 to confirm, I'm just going off playing impressions). I think it's the tallish pips on dampening sponge that makes reflectoid special...which gives it dampening properties on passive strokes, but some spring on active attacking strokes. I think the 729 kind of mimics that "two-faced" feeling some defenders seek, but through use of the porous thin sponge. The thinness curbs the speed on passive or defensive strokes while the larger pores give it some umph on offense. It's not an identical feeling, but similar.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2019, 17:19 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevalier
FH: Victas V22 double extra
BH: Friendship Bloom Spin 1.5
Try the Friendship Bloom spin in 1.5mm!

Supertacky, deadly backspin on chops and pushes........ :devil:

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 21:28 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Trying the 729FX large pore blue sponge this week. I also have Spinlord Marder and S&T Secret Flow to test. All in 1.0. The 729 feels pretty light, which I like.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2019, 01:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Boxersss wrote:
Try the Friendship Bloom spin in 1.5mm!

Supertacky, deadly backspin on chops and pushes........ :devil:

I've been playing with Bloom Power and Spin for about a couple months or so now. I don't know what it is, but the tack seems permanent. On most tacky rubbers the tack goes away or becomes significantly less in about a month. Not with these rubbers. Maybe they've actually got that mythical two layer topsheet that Igor seems obsessed with until a week ago. I was pretty sure I liked Bloom until I pulled out my slightly older "yellow bat" this afternoon (it has non tacky rubbers on it.. Three Sword Red Dragon and Tuttle Octopus - yellow Tuttle Octopus :lol: ). And I found myself playing better and more comfortably than I was the last 2-3 weeks (can't remember much further back than that...).

By the way, tabletennis11 carries "absorber sponge", for what it's worth.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2019, 07:04 
Super User

I wonder how 729 performs at topsin and if is spinny or not . Blocking and pushing is not enough to win points with the inverted, we need to counterattack at some point in the game ( against high skilled players ) . :)

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2019, 15:42 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Tried the 729FX large pore blue sponge 1.0 and it's very promising. Big thank you to Japsican for suggesting it.

POSITIVES
1. TM is way more effective with this stuff on the reverse side. The through-blade effect is five-star.
2. Pushes on FH/BH are terrific and blocks/counters are great on BH when I twiddle.
3. Serves are spinny, but not super spinny. Good enough.
4. Very good control when hitting. Not that fast, but balls go back kind of funky, causing mistakes.
5. Can loop just fine at the table and loops weren't slow. This rubber has gears.
6. Not that heavy. This is important to me because I do a lot of "wristy" shots.

NEGATIVES
1. Slower than Reflectoid in 1.0, but that's both good and bad.
2. I had problems blocking/countering on the forehand, but that's just me getting the blade angle wrong. This will work itself out.

Initial impression is this rubber has no glaring weaknesses that jump out at me. Still a lot to try, but as of day one it looks like a keeper.

Can't wait to use it more.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2019, 21:19 

mynamenotbob wrote:
Tried the 729FX large pore blue sponge 1.0 and it's very promising. Big thank you to Japsican for suggesting it.

POSITIVES
1. TM is way more effective with this stuff on the reverse side. The through-blade effect is five-star.
2. Pushes on FH/BH are terrific and blocks/counters are great on BH when I twiddle.
3. Serves are spinny, but not super spinny. Good enough.
4. Very good control when hitting. Not that fast, but balls go back kind of funky, causing mistakes.
5. Can loop just fine at the table and loops weren't slow. This rubber has gears.
6. Not that heavy. This is important to me because I do a lot of "wristy" shots.

NEGATIVES
1. Slower than Reflectoid in 1.0, but that's both good and bad.
2. I had problems blocking/countering on the forehand, but that's just me getting the blade angle wrong. This will work itself out.

Initial impression is this rubber has no glaring weaknesses that jump out at me. Still a lot to try, but as of day one it looks like a keeper.

Can't wait to use it more.

Hi MNNB I aware that you are very upset by the removal of Reflectoid from the LARC so I have a find for you.
It is Juic 999 Def 1.0 mm. Unfortunately it was tested not on Grubba All+ but on a Nittaku Haneyoshi.
Great control, soft sponge, quite spiny and has an attack options as slow top spins and smashes.
The rubber was purchased from table Tennis 11. Please try and you wont regret it.
Looking forward for your observation. Have a great festive season and a Happy 2020
filled with happy moments at TT table.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2019, 01:41 
Super User

I see one advantage of 729 FX over Juic 999 Def . You can get 3 x 729 fx for the price of 1 x Juic 999 Def .......

Juic 999 Def though being great is at a clear disadvantage as 729 FX does a really good job for the price you pay .....

Agree???? :lol: :lol: :lol: , I'm sure Iskandar does !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next