OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2020, 20:41 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I just made a short for comparing Vortex with Spinparasite:
https://youtu.be/z-WvWKYMX5k

I will keep the setup with Spinparasite on red soft 1.2 mm sponge on Deluxe Carbon for my next league gathering upcoming weekend.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2020, 06:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
It does seem Spin parasite works better,... I like it better according to what I saw in your video,... great work , Def Attack,... anti players are lucky to have a forum member that can share so much great info ,....

Good luck in your upcoming match,... :up: :up:

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 05:55 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Just back from training. I had to remove the Spinparasite, it was not good enough when I played against human opponent (too fast, high angle dependency, low back spin). I put on a used Reflection 0.9 instead, much better. I like the blade though, but it will take some time to get used to it. I am not sure it was the right desicion to change blade with only one real session before league match, but we'll see...

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 16:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Last weekend I had to buy a new sheet of Diabolic ES and glue to my main blade (Deluxe Carbon) that I will use for competition. The spinparasite did not work at all. I got my Diabolic late Friday night and the league match started early Saturday morning so bo time to get used to the combo. But it kind of solved itself in another way - I woke up with a cold and could not play. I was there to coach and I could take a few minutes to get a feel for the bat. Diabolic ES feels clearly faster than Reflection 0.9 mm, but the Reflection I had tried was a well used one, that had been moved several times, and that kind of softens the top sheet. Anyway, it was a bit difficult to block loops with this new faster combo but I will get a hang on it - just needto remember not to block too close to the bounce.

Yesterday I trained my son and two if his team freinds. Then i tried a medium pip I bought (very cheap) - a Kokutaku 110 in 1.5 mm. I glued it to my Carbonado 90 blade with a H3 on the FH. Very nice! I was a little surprised how nice it felt. Kind of soft feel but not mushy, some grip so you can push and easily attack back spin. But still little enough grip to make flat blocks and funny service returns. I could also drive a top spin back from a meter or two behind the table. Feels like it could do anything (not always a good thing) but probably is not the best at anything. I only used it for a few minutes and one set, and against far weaker players than I normally face. But I will try it more - it was great fun!

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2020, 01:11 

Blade: DHS 7
FH: DMS Firestorm Black 1,8
BH: TMsponge /Globe979 sponge
Today I will try with 979 on both sides of my racket will be very interesting :lol:
I will meet very good players :whew:

I played yesterday and it was really good,my opponents stopped looping against me therefore they got a spin back which was very difficult and many balls went into nets.Globe 979 ox This rubber is incredibly good and also to attack with.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2020, 20:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
My friend char defender sent me the dms delux carbon.i tried it with my usual rubbers i liked it straight away.it plays really well and i dont find it too fast at all.You like it for looping i believe.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2020, 05:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday we had a league gathering. First time for me with my new blade DMS Deluxe Carbon and Diabolic ES :). First league match was no good. I started against a player clearly higher ranked than me but I beat him in deciding set last time. This time I won the first two sets 11-3, 11-3. I should see large red warning signs after that. I have been here before :@ . Anyway, he finally got a hang on playing more loose and without spin. And he learned my serves. I thought I could take him down just keep to my easy game, mainly blocking and adding some attacks when necceary. But I played poor in 3rd, and I stuck to my plan in 4th. But that was not enough although very close. In 5th set I tried to make my own opportunities to attack and play a little faster, but my legs and head were not responding at all. 7-11, 8-11, 4-11 in the last 3 sets. I could not get that loss out of my head for the next match, against an even better player. So that was a clear 3-0 loss. And a clear 8-1 loss in the team match.

Next team match was against some very good young players, also cleraly higher ranked than me. These are the kind of matches I really like :devil: . The first was an easy win, he kept looping to my anti and he soon lost confidence. The next opponent actually beat me last time (when I was playing with a worn Refelction that I also had moved from another bat, so it was in poor shape). This time I won the first two sets closely. Then he changed a few things and got a good lead in third, but I almost managed to catch him. But at least I had him use his time out. In the 4th I got a good start and also had some luck with the net. So he lost his temper and confidence. I had a 8-3 lead but he got two points and gained comficence. So I took a time out to breathe a little and to break his momentum. It worked, I won 11-6. Unfortunately my team lost the match 8-6.

The combination of Deluxe Carbon and Diabolic ES is fantastic in keeping blocks low and returning spin. It is a little on the fast side, so one has to be careful when blocking. Keeping a good placement (blocking with the bat in front of your belly) is important. Also, it is important to not hold the bat too tight when blocking, then the ball tend to go long, especially if the ball carries little spin. Also, it is improtant to use a fresh anti... they tend to loose spin reversal and control rather quickly

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2020, 20:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

nice update-did u go back to the xtra slow anti from reflection?
how often do u change it?

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2020, 20:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I understand what you mean by a 2-0 lead.One thinks they are closer to winning,however,it is far from the truth unless the opponent is not strong enough to put pressure.

I myself lost matches - in the way you describe- several times and the nasty feeling you get afterwards is very unpleasant,very true.That's why in these cases one has to be mentally strong and play every point safe or attack consistently at the right time without taking any risks .

At least , the 2 victories you got made you feel a bit better but I am sure you have learnt a new lesson from this experience . :) :) :) .

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2020, 21:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
nice update-did u go back to the xtra slow anti from reflection?
how often do u change it?
Reflection 0.9 and Diabolic ES are very similar, I picked what was easiest available :). I will keep using it until next league match in early March. But I will have to buy a fresh one before that match. This sheet is 4 weeks old but I have not used it a lot. I now have two blades (thanks to Charmander) so I have a training sheet on my spare blade. But now my main blade will be the training blade and I will put a fresh one on the spare blade...
So, about 2 month is how long I use it.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2020, 21:55 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday an "anti-friend" of mine won a big competition i Sweden. He beat Pär Gerell in three straight games and some other good players. In the final he beat Satoshi Aida, who had beaten Fabian Åkerström in semi :clap: . I am not sure what anti or blade or sponge he used this exact competition, he changes a lot depending on what ball is used (here it was Yasaka, similar to G40).

The conclusion - it is possible to beat top players with anti, just keep practicing - a lot :rock: :up: :Chop: :Defense:

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2020, 22:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

^^we need to know his gear matey-abs i assume

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2020, 22:33 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
^^we need to know his gear matey-abs i assume

No, not ABS. Vortex, Diabolic, Spinparasite or Reflection with some sponge, may be one from the Italy company (but made in USA) or DMS original sponge. Blade should be either Deluxe Carbon or Palio TCT or some other stiff blade.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2020, 14:27 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Is he a backhand dominant player or forehand finisher?

Any videos of the beatings?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2020, 18:55 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

skilless_slapper wrote:
Is he a backhand dominant player or forehand finisher?

Any videos of the beatings?
He uses anti for recieving all over the table and then anti for blocking and attacking back spin on BH-side of the table. He steps around and attack with FH when there is an opportunity and he attacks on FH side of the table. I would say he plays a lot like me - only way better :). His FH is really good and he places the ball very awkward for the opponent with the anti.

I have not seen any film from this competition, but I have posted videos of him here before, there are not many of him. So, here they are again, he is in the black and blue shirt (this is before ABS-ball I think):
https://youtu.be/IbOXljl2a0Q
https://youtu.be/1jMNvSJ17yA

It looks rather easy when he bests those twins, but they are very good players, ranked amog the top 100 in Sweden.

You can also look at my post november 7th 2019, where I mention him. But those videos are behind a pay-wall now I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 82  Next