OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 13:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Yinhe V14 Pro
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2020, 19:08 

It has gotten good reviews for being a worthy alternative to Viscaria / Timo Boll. It's supposed to be a limited anniversary edition of the regular V14 using better materials and craftsmanship. Various websites report that 1030 units have been made to mark Yinhe's 30th anniversary.

Here's my problem with that... Yinhe was founded in 1986 according to their website. Their 30th anniversary has been in 2016. As of today the anniversary edition is still on sale, at least one aliexpress store has close to 1,000 units in stock. Surely the initial 1030 have been exhausted long time ago. So...

A) are the ones sold currently fakes?
B) does Yinhe continue make them?
C) is the quality still as good as the first batch?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Yinhe V14 Pro
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2020, 23:14 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
Interesting questions... FWIW - I believe my blade had a verification code which I checked through the Yinhe website and it was valid.
Perhaps, they keep making the blades... or mine is a fake but had a genuine sticker attached - don't really know how to determine which hypothesis is true.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 02:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Cheapest one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000281813943.html

Wow.. what's this? A NEW Eacheng store?? :lol: (That makes eight of them..) Uhh.. no. I think they just ripped off the GH Sport page, graphics and all (even though the watermarks are gone). Eacheng stores don't sell "Lemuria" brand bats... :lol: For a real Eacheng store listing:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33015303572.html

If Eacheng is selling it then it's genuine Yinhe. I wonder about the story - where did you read it? Might even be true, 2016 wasn't THAT long ago, and they might've been slow sellers. Also note:

40+?? I suppose... 2016.. Hmmmm...

Note the nice "fish scale". They also claim one of the Provincial teams uses it (a VERY WIDELY MADE claim.. :lol: )

In other words - if you want one, get one, I don't think you'll get a fake item. Fake Hurricane Long blades, I can understand. I don't think there'd be any point in counterfeiting these. Just get one from an Eacheng store or from XVT..

Just too bloody heavy for me.. :lol:

Iskandar

Last edited by iskandar taib on 10 Jan 2020, 02:40, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 02:34 
Super User

I was also scared by the weight numbers initially, but it turned out it isn't so bad - haven't weighed my blade but it doesn't feel heavy at all.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 02:49 

iskandar taib wrote:
Cheapest one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000281813943.html

Wow.. what's this? A NEW Eacheng store?? :lol: (That makes eight of them..) Uhh.. no. I think they just ripped off the GH Sport page, graphics and all (even though the watermarks are gone). Eacheng stores don't sell "Lemuria" brand bats... :lol: For a real Eacheng store listing:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33015303572.html

If Eacheng is selling it then it's genuine Yinhe. I wonder about the story - where did you read it? Might even be true, 2016 wasn't THAT long ago, and they might've been slow sellers. Also note:

40+?? I suppose... 2016.. Hmmmm...

Note the nice "fish scale". They also claim one of the Provincial teams uses it (a VERY WIDELY MADE claim.. :lol: )

In other words - if you want one, get one, I don't think you'll get a fake item. Fake Hurricane Long blades, I can understand. I don't think there'd be any point in counterfeiting these. Just get one from an Eacheng store or from XVT..

Just too bloody heavy for me.. :lol:

Iskandar
Zoom in on the picture you posted [WINKING FACE]

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 05:06 

ziv wrote:
Interesting questions... FWIW - I believe my blade had a verification code which I checked through the Yinhe website and it was valid.
Perhaps, they keep making the blades... or mine is a fake but had a genuine sticker attached - don't really know how to determine which hypothesis is true.
Could you post the link where you checked the code? I'm not seeing any option on the website. They don't even have most of their blades listed.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 05:15 
Super User

JulianTT wrote:
ziv wrote:
Could you post the link where you checked the code? I'm not seeing any option on the website. They don't even have most of their blades listed.

I found the link in this TTD thread: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/ ... -Milky-Way)-equipment-authnticity-(serial-number-verification)-code

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 20:00 

Thanks, actually scanning the bar code also works. I have a W6 since last summer and realized I hadn't even scratched the barcode. Turns out to be genuine.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 02:04 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

JulianTT wrote:
Zoom in on the picture you posted [WINKING FACE]

Yeah I see the part about the 30th anniversary. What about the 1030 piece limited production run??

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 08:38 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I bought one of these in 2018, when I was thinking of moving to Viscaria with Tenergy setup. My Viscaria is 85g, whereas the V14 Pro I have is 95g. Despite this, they feel very similar, and the balance does not seem any different. I think some people would prefer the heavier blade, as Viscaria used to be heavier iirc. Incidentally, I bought mine from Chinese Ping Pong, where it is no longer available. I seem to remember that it did disappear (possibly just below the horizon) for a while, which is why I jumped and bought it when it came back. I suspect sales were pretty good.