OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Custom built racket
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 08:57 

Hi all,

After long hiatus I am coming back to TT and I want to have a custom racket. I am looking for a combination that would have in order of importance: 1. control, 2. speed, 3. spin. My game is currently intermediate at best, so I am not looking for a racket that would excel in few types of strokes and be below average in others. Or that would need a pro to be effective.

As there is an overwhelming number of different blades and rubbers, I have decided to focus on Japanese ones (I find Japanese products to be high quality, last long and are fairly inexpensive). After reading some reviews I am considering combination of Nittaku Acustic blade with Yasaka Rakza 9 FH and JOOLA Rhyzm-P BH rubber. How do you think this combination would behave?

Post subject: Re: Custom built racket
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 12:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

boriss111 wrote:
Hi all,

After long hiatus I am coming back to TT and I want to have a custom racket. I am looking for a combination that would have in order of importance: 1. control, 2. speed, 3. spin. My game is currently intermediate at best, so I am not looking for a racket that would excel in few types of strokes and be below average in others. Or that would need a pro to be effective.

As there is an overwhelming number of different blades and rubbers, I have decided to focus on Japanese ones (I find Japanese products to be high quality, last long and are fairly inexpensive). After reading some reviews I am considering combination of Nittaku Acustic blade with Yasaka Rakza 9 FH and JOOLA Rhyzm-P BH rubber. How do you think this combination would behave?

Ah dear... He wants Control, Speed and Spin. Wouldn't we all? :lol:

Before you spend a lot of money on a bat, I'd suggest trying one of these first.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1308156861.html

Control? Lots of control. Speed? Not excessive, too fast and a lot of shots end off the table. Spin? Plenty. Price? Fantastic. Get one anyway, even if you do buy a Nittaku Acoustic with the Rakza and Rhyzm, you could then compare the two. I suspect you'd like the M8 better. Or at least, you'd play better with it.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2019, 20:03 

Hi Iskandar,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insight to this matter. Indeed, the racket you have suggested makes much more sense for a player of my level. Like you said, I would probably play better with it. In fact, I already have few that are similar to one you have suggested.

Maybe this is another midlife crisis of mine, but I am not really looking for a most cost effective racket. But more importantly, I believe that you should always aim for the moon; even if you miss, you will end among stars. In other words, this is supposed to be my motivational racket, the one I will strive to master. Anyway, I'll give it a go, I guess only time will tell if I chose well.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2019, 01:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Nothing really wrong with that, either.. The truth is, a LOT of different combos will work. The blade matters a lot more than the rubbers, the Acoustic does sound like a good choice, if an expensive one. The rubbers? Sure, they'd work as well..

But get a M8 combo, too. The M8 is a NICE blade. The Rakza and Rhyzm would work on it, too.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2019, 13:21 

Blade: Stiga Offensive Classic
FH: Tibhar Aurus Prime
BH: Tibhar Genius+ Optimum
For the blade I'll say go for stiga Offensive classic as to me it feels similar and almost better than the acoustic, both in terms of price and quality. For rubbers try rasanter r47 forehand and if you want a faster rubber for backhand go for tibhar aurus prime you could even switch the rubbers as I am using almost the same combination. The only difference is bh I have tibhar genius+ optimum but it is brittle and tears easily at the edges.

Sent from my COL-AL10 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 16:38 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Japanese table tennis equipment is overcosted for the given performance but the quality is above average.
Korean Xiom branded products are similar in quality but cost less.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 16:43 
Super User

Omut is right. I'll also add that Chinese Yinhe branded products are of similar performance to Korean and Japanese products at an even lower cost (at least in terms of blades). I'm also willing to wager that many Korean and Japanese products come from the same factory as Yinhe.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 21:45 

The Acoustic is a reputable blade. I haven't used it but I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Your chosen rubbers will do and you'll get used to the combo if you play with it consistently. One advice I wish I had before I bought my first racket: know your preferred handle type and weight. I would rate those above the blade composition in importance. You can have 10-15g variance between two blades of the same kind. Your chosen rubbers are on the heavy side I think depending on the thickness as well so make sure you know what weight you can handle and look at different combinations to achieve it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk