OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2020, 07:12 

Blade: Dr Neubauer Barricade Def
FH: V Limber Max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5
I using Reflection (max) on a Dr Neubauer Barricade Def blade (used Hallmark Orginal berfore) but after all reading I guess thats a pretty bad idea. So I also thinking what I should change to.

Der-materialspezialist kol-deluxe
Revolution
Stiga Def Pro
Dr Neubauer Matador
Defplay Senso V3

At the moment Stiga Def Pro is the one I want to try.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2020, 16:12 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
What is you style? Do you block at the table or do you chop from distance (if you chop from distance Reflection is bot a good choice)?

What do you do with FH?

I have used Stiga def pro with a 0.9 mm Reflection, very good and safe blocks, a nice blade for that. Only problem for me was the FH, I had a hard time looping with it, I could not generate any spin in my loops for some reason.

Deluxe Carbon is a much faster blade, it is like the Revolution but with carbon and thus faster. But it is better to loop with than Revolution.

Matador is a very nice blade, more like a fast allround, it feels like a normal blade but it is still very good for blocking with anti. Revolution and Deluxe are more extreme in their focus on low throw for good blocks with anti.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2020, 01:32 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Definitely do NOT get the Defplay Senso V3 for the anti. While I like that blade for long pips, the anti did not work well with them at all. The Matador seems to be a good one for me so far. When I get the technique right, I can block very effectively with the anti. On the forehand, it also blocks well, and you can still juice spin on serves and loops with the right rubber.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2020, 04:35 

Hi, thanks for all help. I using Reflection close to the table, trying to do short blocks with much spin so I can go around with my f-hand and loop a winner on first or 2nd point. I like soft rubbers and im in love with this V-15 Limber Victas max on my f-hand (atleast on this Barricade Def, but I think it works on others to)

I got a 2nd blade, I bought this as my first blade when I started play and still got it as a backup racket. Stiga Allround Oversize, guess that one would work better with Reflection but I want to change my first blade.

So I guess Matador or Stiga def pro would work good? I using Reflection 1,5 and I want so slow rubber as possible. So I don´t think I want 0,9mm?
Toni Hold antitopspin 2,5 is easier to block with, low blocks, short blocks but not much backspin.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2020, 06:44 

Blade: Donier Def
FH: Stiga DNA H
BH: Globe 979
- Stiga Allround Carbon for beginners/intermediate
- Butterfly Harimoto Tomokazu for intermediate+ and above

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2020, 18:32 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

hybrex wrote:
Hi, thanks for all help. I using Reflection close to the table, trying to do short blocks with much spin so I can go around with my f-hand and loop a winner on first or 2nd point. I like soft rubbers and im in love with this V-15 Limber Victas max on my f-hand (atleast on this Barricade Def, but I think it works on others to)

I got a 2nd blade, I bought this as my first blade when I started play and still got it as a backup racket. Stiga Allround Oversize, guess that one would work better with Reflection but I want to change my first blade.

So I guess Matador or Stiga def pro would work good? I using Reflection 1,5 and I want so slow rubber as possible. So I don´t think I want 0,9mm?
Toni Hold antitopspin 2,5 is easier to block with, low blocks, short blocks but not much backspin.
Go with the Matador, 1.5 mm Reflection on a def blade is too slow. And your FH will most likely benefit from Matador. Stiga def pro is difficult to loop with but good for smashes.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2020, 23:03 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I've had a number of people I play with comment on how good my loop is with the Matador. I'm having to learn a more compact stroke now, as it doesn't take nearly as much effort to get spin and pace (I use Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9 mm on the forehand). I get a ton of spin on both loops and serves. I also agree with what Def-Attack said about 1.5 mm Reflection on a defensive blade. It seems counter to what you'd think, but the faster stiffer blades really are better for reversal and you can still block short. With the Matador I wouldn't use anything more than 1.2 mm sponge, I suppose if I had a really hard and fast carbon blade I might consider 1.5 mm.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2020, 02:07 

Quote:
Go with the Matador, 1.5 mm Reflection on a def blade is too slow. And your FH will most likely benefit from Matador. Stiga def pro is difficult to loop with but good for smashes.

I don´t think 1,5 Reflection is to slow on my Barricade Def, anyone tried this "stupid combo"? :D Is Stiga Def Pro slower with Reflection?
How is Stiga Def Pro hard to loop with? Barricade Def works great.

Tbh, I missing the low speed from Toni Hold 2,5mm.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2020, 06:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

hybrex wrote:
Quote:

I don´t think 1,5 Reflection is to slow on my Barricade Def, anyone tried this "stupid combo"? :D Is Stiga Def Pro slower with Reflection?
How is Stiga Def Pro hard to loop with? Barricade Def works great.

Tbh, I missing the low speed from Toni Hold 2,5mm.
Stiga def pro is a little hard and with little flex. I could not get any spin on my loops. But with another technique and another FH rubber it might work perfect. I used it with 0.9 Reflection, very slow and controlled. I believe Barricade def is slower. With thicker anti you make the dwell time longer and that might kill the spin and make blocks go higher.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2020, 13:40 

Dealing with a foot fracture and had my first time "playing" in awhile (very casual and hugging the table with a boot on). Matador seemed quite a bit slower than I expected on FH, and ABS2Soft 2.3 was a little slow and mushy. Not that I know how to use this stuff or anything.

Anyone tried any of the Butterfly ZLC blades or very similar? I don't see myself wanting to spend that kind of money, but am just very curious with Sushmit Sriram said to be using Innerforce ZLC and Gorilla 1.3 for example, both pretty fast. Granted we are but mere mortals, but still. His backhand looks more like how I would want to play if I ever became a f-anti player (more aggressive and faster and line drive-y, but still able to block powerful loops too) than someone like Luka or Amelie etc. His reversal / anti block quality seems plenty lethal too despite not using a specialized blade.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2020, 22:42 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

What rubber are you using on your forehand? Since switching from the Donic Defplay Senso V3 to the Matador I've gotten quite a lot of comments at my club on how fast my forehand is now, using Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9 mm. In fact, that's such a good hitting setup I'm working on doing a lot more flat hitting rather than the brush looping I've always done.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2020, 15:34 

Def-attack wrote:
There is also a defensive blade, Stiga Def Pro with a carbon layer, that works really good with the thinnest antis, like Reflection 0.9. I guess it would work with Scandal 0.9 also. With that you will have incredible control but I could not loop well with that blade.

Hey, do you use varnish for the blade on the offensive side?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2020, 17:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

hybrex wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
There is also a defensive blade, Stiga Def Pro with a carbon layer, that works really good with the thinnest antis, like Reflection 0.9. I guess it would work with Scandal 0.9 also. With that you will have incredible control but I could not loop well with that blade.

Hey, do you use varnish for the blade on the offensive side?
I always seal my blade on both sides, but thicker on the BH side. Very thin on FH side. Most blades are wrecked after a few rubber changes unless you seal it.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2020, 18:27 

Blade: Jsh
FH: Rakza7 2.0
BH: Jengking
Currently playing lp ox and transitioning to close to table blocking setup then attack style of game. I’m considering anti as an option. I’ve ordered a diabolic es. I dont want to spend more with a new blade. With the blades that i have which one would best fit a close table with diabolic es?
Tibhar force pro black
Stiga allround classic
Viscaria
Tb alc
Stiga def nct
Tibhar cos3
Yinhe n11
Bty jsh

But if you think that my anti will be wasted with those blades which blade would you recommend?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2020, 19:30 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
PingpongeroPH wrote:
Currently playing lp ox and transitioning to close to table blocking setup then attack style of game. I’m considering anti as an option. I’ve ordered a diabolic es. I dont want to spend more with a new blade. With the blades that i have which one would best fit a close table with diabolic es?
Tibhar force pro black
Stiga allround classic
Viscaria
Tb alc
Stiga def nct
Tibhar cos3
Yinhe n11
Bty jsh

But if you think that my anti will be wasted with those blades which blade would you recommend?

DMS carbon deluxe,no doubt.great blocking,low throw,loops well.Yes,pricey but you will stop looking for a blade surely. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next