OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2020, 21:52 

Blade: DHS PG7
FH: DHS 651
BH: 1 sided (Red covering)
I found a DHS W3010/3020 (handle differences only, FL and CS) It's very good, speed is ALL+/OFF- although it's written All++ l, It's very controllable DHS H3 Neo, it's flexy but enough to give good feeling and not disturb control, control is very good and it's only 22.5$-25$ USD, It's also a 5-ply all wood. The weight is just great, I ordered some for my friends and myself, and got 84, 83.7, 83.4 (FL) and the CS one is 79.8 (CS is lighter) , It has standard thickness from 6.5-6.3mm Great for beginners, much better than the Sanwei M8 , N9s, N8s, N10s, N11s.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020, 10:34 

Blade: Nittaku ANV WN
FH: DHS 652 1,8 red
BH: Yinhe Pluto 1,0 black
Not better than you mentioned, different. ;)

Bang for the buck is XVT Black Knight

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020, 13:48 
Super User

murruk wrote:
Not better than you mentioned, different. ;)

Bang for the buck is XVT Black Knight

There're 2 variants of the XVT Black Knight - Black Knight 5, and Black Knight 7 .. The 5 is all wood, and the 7 is with a layer or 2 of some Carbon....

I have the 7, and I concur with the total bang of the buck thingy .. It costs more than the m8 .. However, I wouldn't term it as a beginner's blade, or an Allround one .. It's on the faster side, and feels stiff .. My hands are not too large, but even so, the handle feels small ...

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2020, 01:51 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

multigryper wrote:
I found a DHS W3010/3020 (handle differences only, FL and CS) It's very good, speed is ALL+/OFF- although it's written All++ l, It's very controllable DHS H3 Neo, it's flexy but enough to give good feeling and not disturb control, control is very good and it's only 22.5$-25$ USD, It's also a 5-ply all wood. The weight is just great, I ordered some for my friends and myself, and got 84, 83.7, 83.4 (FL) and the CS one is 79.8 (CS is lighter) , It has standard thickness from 6.5-6.3mm Great for beginners, much better than the Sanwei M8 , N9s, N8s, N10s, N11s.

Got a link? Doesn't seem to be on AliExpress. If I could find the shakehands one that weighs 79-80 grams I'd buy one just to see if it's "better". There's a 301 but it's a totally different blade, of course. $70 or so.

Ah... ONE listing on ebay (only 2 in stock), ships from the US (which would cost a fortune).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DHS-Wind-Serie ... 4510091023

DHS "Wind Series" apparently. :lol:

Away out here they got a name for rain and wind and fire
The rain is Tess, the fire's Joel, and they call the wind 3010...

Naah… doesn't rhyme.. :lol:

There is a photo:

Haven't tried the Euro vendors yet (same problem with shipping). Wonder why you can't get it from China. Maybe it's very new, OR it's very old and out of production.

Ah... Tenryu has it:

https://www.tenryu.com.my/store/DHS-W30 ... =1443&in=7

RM51 is USD 17! :lol: Problem is they say the weight is 89 grams. Oh well, I've been planning to pay them a visit for a LONG time now.. they're on the new train line extension. I'll pack my gram scale and take a ride out there soon. Problem is they're not open weekends.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2020, 10:03 

CTT Pro Flex off- is the best bang for buck I've found. REALLY high quality, good flex and cheap. I think they use the same type of 'horse glue' that is used on the Avalox BT series.

Also the LKT Black Coffee, while much faster, is also a great bang for buck blade with a big kick. Heavy though.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2020, 12:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Curious, though... what does everyone mean by "flex"? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2020, 01:24 

Blade: xiom hinoki s7
FH: dms firestorm
i love 7ply all wood blades and i have a couple of collections, for me the two bang for the buck 7ply allwood are sanwei fextra and palio way 005, the fextra is a little bit faster and has better good feel while the palio is the best controlled 7ply all wood i have owned but the most hardest feel also because of the doule walnut outer and medial ply, both are 20-21 u.s dollar at ali express.

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2020, 02:13 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

There was a time when I bought a number of 7 ply hinoki blades - all quite expensive. Darker 7p-2a, Nittaku Septear, Yinhe Kiso 7. All were surprisingly light (the Darker was something like 74g). I don't play with any of them any more though.. :lol: The Kiso 7 was nice but just a tad heavy (85g). Maybe I should revisit them. I was thinking of buying the Darker - I think they were called Sakura - hinoki with special pink glue - blades after reading a couple of swooning reviews, but the one Presports had in stock was around 90 grams. I guess for me the ultimate bang for the buck blade is the Sanwei M8 - I prefer it over all other blades I've tried, and the fact that I got most of them for about USD6-7 is just icing on the cake - if they were ten time the price I'd still buy them, though it would've been far less likely that I'd have tried them to begin with if they were that price. They don't have the build quality of Yinhe's blades (which are second to none - I'd put them up against any other manufacturer) - in fact you'll find flaws in the handle wood, etc. but they play really, really well.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2020, 02:17 
Super User

mokong wrote:
i love 7ply all wood blades and i have a couple of collections, for me the two bang for the buck 7ply allwood are sanwei fextra and palio way 005, the fextra is a little bit faster and has better good feel while the palio is the best controlled 7ply all wood i have owned but the most hardest feel also because of the doule walnut outer and medial ply, both are 20-21 u.s dollar at ali express.

Funny, you should mention Sanwei Fextra - I've been mulling over getting myself a Clipper style blade, for a while now .. The biggest deal-breaker is the weight of most of Clipper or it's Clones.. . I heard that the Fextras can go as light as 80gms, which works for me ... So, less than 2 hrs back, I popped into a popular local store, and had a look at the Fextra ... They had just one piece left, which weighed-in around 87gms.. too heavy for me.. ;(

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2020, 11:26 

my fextra is 83g but that is in cpen which are 4-5g lighter in weight compared to shakehand blade.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2020, 11:29 

iskandar taib wrote:
There was a time when I bought a number of 7 ply hinoki blades - all quite expensive. Darker 7p-2a, Nittaku Septear, Yinhe Kiso 7. All were surprisingly light (the Darker was something like 74g). I don't play with any of them any more though.. :lol: The Kiso 7 was nice but just a tad heavy (85g). Maybe I should revisit them. I was thinking of buying the Darker - I think they were called Sakura - hinoki with special pink glue - blades after reading a couple of swooning reviews, but the one Presports had in stock was around 90 grams. I guess for me the ultimate bang for the buck blade is the Sanwei M8 - I prefer it over all other blades I've tried, and the fact that I got most of them for about USD6-7 is just icing on the cake - if they were ten time the price I'd still buy them, though it would've been far less likely that I'd have tried them to begin with if they were that price. They don't have the build quality of Yinhe's blades (which are second to none - I'd put them up against any other manufacturer) - in fact you'll find flaws in the handle wood, etc. but they play really, really well.

Iskandar
hosw the control on m8? i saw that on aliexpress bundled with rubber also, yeah its so cheap, i may make that blade as a gift to my niece who is a beginner

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2020, 11:31 

ootbs wrote:
mokong wrote:

Funny, you should mention Sanwei Fextra - I've been mulling over getting myself a Clipper style blade, for a while now .. The biggest deal-breaker is the weight of most of Clipper or it's Clones.. . I heard that the Fextras can go as light as 80gms, which works for me ... So, less than 2 hrs back, I popped into a popular local store, and had a look at the Fextra ... They had just one piece left, which weighed-in around 87gms.. too heavy for me.. ;(
i think fextra is not a direct clone to clipper, fextra is thinner and medial ply is limba

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2020, 13:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Quote:
hosw the control on m8? i saw that on aliexpress bundled with rubber also, yeah its so cheap, i may make that blade as a gift to my niece who is a beginner

The control is the main reason why I like it. As I tell people, it's so cheap there's no real need to think hard about it - you might as well just go buy one and find out. Get two - one for yourself.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2020, 19:04 

Blade: DHS PG7
FH: DHS 651
BH: 1 sided (Red covering)
Link for it is in Indonesia Marketplace app. Maybe if you stop to come by here you can get a blade. FL costs 15$ USD and CS costs 22-23$

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2020, 20:18 
Super User

mokong wrote:
i think fextra is not a direct clone to clipper, fextra is thinner and medial ply is limba

Have you played with the Fextra, or know anyone who plays with it .... ?