OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: JOOLA DYNARYZ
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2020, 09:04 

BH: straight
Has anyone been lucky enough to try any of the new Joola Dynaryz rubbers?What are they like and what are they compared too?Tenergy?MXP?

Post subject: Re: JOOLA DYNARYZ
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2020, 02:19 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Give it a couple months.. :lol: There's also this Stiga DNA stuff. One thing I've learned is that these companies are willing to spend LOTS of money on advertising - you can't get away from those DNA ads. I don't know if you remember those Rasant ads back in the day. They have to seize the day - once a rubber's been out for a year no one's interested in it any more. The exception seems to be Tenergy - that's a perennial favorite, and Butterfly doesn't have to spend much advertising money on it. I also doubt they sponsor that many players - most of the pros (maybe even their sponsors) probably actually spend money to buy sheets of Tenergy.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2020, 04:41 

You're right the DNA ads are everywhere.I do use Joola Rhyzer so was interested in the new rubbers. As you say time will tell but maybe Ill just need to buy it and try it?

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2020, 01:58 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
I hit with the ACC version for a few minutes yesterday. And played against it too. It was quite pleasant to hit with, nothing extreme. Nice click, nice spin.. Could be wrong but i think it was labeled 50 degrees. However it didn't feel hard at all, not one bit. Kind of reminded me of Ryzer 48 but a little bit harder and with more spin.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2020, 11:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I've never understood this click business. Maybe someone can make a video with a good microphone. Why would a click be important?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2020, 22:33 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Normally you listen a click when the ball engage the sponge getting the maximum spin so it's a signal when hard sponge are involved to do top spin.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2020, 08:24 

iskandar taib wrote:
I've never understood this click business. Maybe someone can make a video with a good microphone. Why would a click be important?

Iskandar

Apparently my MXP makes quite a "click" which some of my opponents or team mates think sounds like the ball is cracked!

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2020, 02:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The problem is, I've used MX-P. I've used Rasant. I've used boosted H3. I've used Rakza X and Rakza 7. I played with speed glue in the old days. And I've never heard anything out of the ordinary, that I wouldn't have heard if I'd used Yinhe 9000. You ALWAYS hear a sound when you hit the ball with a bat, in fact the loudest "clicks" happen with a bare blade (and no rubber). People keep talking about this click, but no one seems to have actually made comparative recordings, and people can't seem to agree when it's supposed to happen or not happen. Someone would post "go watch so and so video, there's rubber clicking in that video" but when I go to watch it, it just sounds like the bat hitting the ball, as normal. Back in the speed glue days, on Usenet, there were all sorts of theories about why there was a click - some people thought the gas from the speed glue in the pores was changing phase, for instance. The term "cavitation" was bandied about. But like a lot of things in table tennis ("flex".. :lol: ), it was long on speculation and short on actual (or even supposed) proof.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2020, 22:10 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
I bought mine AGR for 50€90 here: https://100x100pingpong.com/es/lisas...naryz-agr.html

Also sells ACC for the same price https://100x100pingpong.com/es/lisas...naryz-acc.html

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2020, 03:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

AGR?? ACC?? 50 EUR? 90 EUR? I clicked on the link, didn't land on the rubber. I assume "Gomas" means rubber?

Ah... I see. EUR50.90.

https://100x100pingpong.com/es/lisas/66 ... z-acc.html

Hopefully THAT link works... Pretty expensive rubber - I suppose the price should drop by next year.

Iskandar