OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 08:44 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Haven't tried DTecs. I just assumed it would be too fast. Will be interested to know if it keeps working for you. Have you ever tried Marder on the forehand?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 18:31 

mynamenotbob wrote:
Haven't tried DTecs. I just assumed it would be too fast. Will be interested to know if it keeps working for you. Have you ever tried Marder on the forehand?

I did on the thick balsa blades from Yinhe and Firewall +. Marder has a great control but I was straggling to attack with it.
A forehand topspin and a flat hit are the big part of my game so I put it aside.
Moristo Defensive is not a real defensive rubber. It is a quite springy tensor with good control and decent spin. Another positive
of Moristo Def it is a tension that it applies to the blade. This tension on the blade results in a quite loud sound when a ball hits
a backend side with Grass D Tec. I think that vibration i.e. a loud click is the factor which tames Grass D Tec. I installed Grass D Tec by stretching slightly on the glue sheet same way as so called special version from Contra .

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 20:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
redspot wrote:
Hi Charm Def and MNNB. As you both use Grubba All+ as a competition blade I want to ask you whether you tested Grass D Tec
or not. I was sceptical about effectiveness of Grass D Tec with the plastic ball until tonight practice when I discovered Grass D Tec
as well mannered long pip on Grubba blade( a forehand rubber - Nittaku Moristo Def 1.8 mm Red). I played a few games against
the penhold player who uses Dawei 388D-1 with a thin sponge and a tacky Chinese inverted and twidles. He always puts a lot of pressure on my backend as he rolls the ball until I lift it high enough for him to finish with the long pip. This time my backend was very competitive. The resume on a new rubber wood combination will be only after the tests against the strong spiny attacker.

Hi, Redspot! no, I did not test D. Techs on Grubba all + just because speedwise it could be rather difficult to control ; however, I will give it a go at some point for sure and then, report my findings here .As far as Moristo Def I agree with you that it is not so defensive as it seems - according to the name of the rubber .Yes, very good control and spin.I use it 1.2 mm and the pip works great with it too,however, while revisiting Thibar SD 40, the pip worked poorly, even with the SD 40 on 0.5 sponge, incredible how the fh rubber affects the pip play!!!! ; so what I gained with Thibar SD 40 I lost it with the pip play :( :( .....

Therefore , the theory of the fh rubber affecting the pip/ anti play is so true and my theory is the thinner, softer the sponge, the better the pip plays for close to the table defense .In consequence, for D.techs it also applies that the thinner the sponge on the fh rubber , the better to tame D. Techs. :)

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 23:15 

charmander defender wrote:
redspot wrote:
Hi Charm Def and MNNB. As you both use Grubba All+ as a competition blade I want to ask you whether you tested Grass D Tec
or not. I was sceptical about effectiveness of Grass D Tec with the plastic ball until tonight practice when I discovered Grass D Tec
as well mannered long pip on Grubba blade( a forehand rubber - Nittaku Moristo Def 1.8 mm Red). I played a few games against
the penhold player who uses Dawei 388D-1 with a thin sponge and a tacky Chinese inverted and twidles. He always puts a lot of pressure on my backend as he rolls the ball until I lift it high enough for him to finish with the long pip. This time my backend was very competitive. The resume on a new rubber wood combination will be only after the tests against the strong spiny attacker.

Hi, Redspot! no, I did not test D. Techs on Grubba all + just because speedwise it could be rather difficult to control ; however, I will give it a go at some point for sure and then, report my findings here .As far as Moristo Def I agree with you that it is not so defensive as it seems - according to the name of the rubber .Yes, very good control and spin.I use it 1.2 mm and the pip works great with it too,however, while revisiting Thibar SD 40, the pip worked poorly, even with the SD 40 on 0.5 sponge, incredible how the fh rubber affects the pip play!!!! ; so what I gained with Thibar SD 40 I lost it with the pip play :( :( .....

Therefore , the theory of the fh rubber affecting the pip/ anti play is so true and my theory is the thinner, softer the sponge, the better the pip plays for close to the table defense .In consequence, for D.techs it also applies that the thinner the sponge on the fh rubber , the better to tame D. Techs. :)

Great, I will be waiting for your test result and your highly respected view on the combination of Grubba All + and Grass D Tec. I think that Grass D Tec is still the most deceptive pip (I mean OX ). I forgot to tell in the previous post that I put a thin layer of Revolution 3 glue on the blade before installing the glue sheet. In addition, Grass D Tec tested was in black which I think is slightly slower then red. As far as Moristo Def is concerned I played it in 1.8 so knowing that you play 1.2mm thickness I think you will have even more controllable set up with Grass D Tec.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 06:52 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Redspot, how did the Grass Dtecs experiment go?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2020, 08:05 

mynamenotbob wrote:
Redspot, how did the Grass Dtecs experiment go?

I tested Grubba All+ with Dtecs and Moristo Def 1.8 mm against the topspin attacking and
managed to contain the spin loops and topspin drives quite comfortably by using or a passive block
or a chop block. This set up allows to perform a quite effective aggressive push on the opponents flat pushes
with inverted rubber. In order to tame Dtecs a bit more I installed it again as follows: a layer of Revolution 3
medium viscosity water based glue was on the blade already, then a 2nd glue sheet,
then 1st glue sheet with Dtecs.
So should you wish to test the same combination then try first a layer of glue on blade and one glue sheet.
If you could not tame Dtecs up to your desired level of control then install the second glue sheet.
Once I pilled off Dtecs with glue sheet the layer of glue (initially it should be dried for 30 - 40 minutes in order
to establish a firm layer) on the blade staid firm and was not damaged so
I was able to install another glue sheet and then put back Dtecs on glue sheet 1.
It would have been nice to compare the results of your test of this, still the most deceptive rubber with my results

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2020, 07:44 

I was thinking of buying one of these but was given a grubba carbon.. How does the non carbon differ to the carbon one. I found the carbon one has a very high throw angle and surprising slow, flexible and kinda soft

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2020, 09:45 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

The Grubba ALL+ and Grubba Carbon are totally different blades. Not at all similar.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2020, 20:38 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
How is compared Grubba ALL+ vs Stiga All Round Classic WRB?

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2020, 11:40 

isn't the grubba carbon the same as the all+. In terms of the wood composition?

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2020, 12:38 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Here's how Butterfly says they compare...

Attachments:
butterfly_blade_characteristics.jpg
butterfly_blade_characteristics.jpg [ 72.56 KiB | Viewed 2420 times ]

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2020, 19:56 
Super User

Can someone provide an accurate composition of the currently available version of this blade ... ?

The blade is not widely available ... Plus, shipping costs are highly prohibitive, from most places, from where this blade is prohibitive... So, I'm thinking, if I can get the composition, I could look for similar alternatives..

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2020, 11:09 

Finally got my hands on one of these. Due to covid I have not played for 6 months and with my fast blade I was over shooting the table alot. So got a grubba to ease myself back in. This blade really does feel great tried a few rubbers on it and all inverted rubbers seem to work good I ended up using omega 7 Asia, found the hard sponge suited it more for me. The backhand I'm struggling, currently got hellfire on it but it's not working for me, what was the concensus on dtecs? I want to play an all round game attacking/chopping on both wings

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2020, 17:26 
Super User

situsit wrote:
Finally got my hands on one of these. Due to covid I have not played for 6 months and with my fast blade I was over shooting the table alot. So got a grubba to ease myself back in. This blade really does feel great tried a few rubbers on it and all inverted rubbers seem to work good I ended up using omega 7 Asia, found the hard sponge suited it more for me. The backhand I'm struggling, currently got hellfire on it but it's not working for me, what was the concensus on dtecs? I want to play an all round game attacking/chopping on both wings

Where did you manage to get it from ?

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2020, 19:35 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
ootbs wrote:

Where did you manage to get it from ?

It is quite easily available in the UK from the BTY distributor, Teessport. I don't see why the case should be different in other countries, unless there is no distributor, or the product is discontinued and remaining stocks are low. It seems such an affordable option, and a good alternative to the usual Korbel or Primorac, that I certainly hope it isn't discontinued.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!