OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Sep 2020, 02:18


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 20:09 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 00:53
Posts: 50
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Thankyou Chopoleon Bonaparte for that comprehensive report. I will also stick with it when table tennis resumes.


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 21 Mar 2020, 00:54 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 844
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 140 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 1.8mm
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I should be the one thanking you, u60479z, for bringing this great rubber to my attention. I never would have known about it otherwise, as it was not really being discussed anywhere, but your post made me decide to look into it, find the few comments I saw promising enough to order it and try it out.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2020, 13:17 
Online
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 514
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Hello,

Cant seem to find this LP on any of usual online retailers ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2020, 14:56 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 844
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 140 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 1.8mm
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I got in on eBay, and that was fine.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2020, 22:38 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 19:05
Posts: 126
Location: Japan
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 1 time
TT,

How does Monster compare to the popular DTECS, DG, and Dragon Talon, if you've used any of those? Thanks!

Regards,
Joe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2020, 01:57 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 844
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 140 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 1.8mm
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I've never tried D.Tecs. As for DG and Talon, I only used those with the old ball, not the ABS ball. The Saviga Monster 77 has softer pips than the DG, from what I recall, and I find the Saviga can generate a bit more funk (I found the DG too one-dimensional), but my main reason for not sticking with the DG was that, between the time it takes to break in and the time it takes for pips to start breaking off, there's a very small window within which it works the way it's supposed to. I can't speak to the Monster 77’s durability yet, but it worked fine from the outset, at least. As for the Talon, my issue with that rubber was its susceptibility to no-spin, which I have less of an issue with so far with this rubber.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2020, 19:34 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 00:53
Posts: 50
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
https://www.schuett-sport.de/
I bought my Saviga Monster 77 from here. Ordered Monday received it Wednesday.
Euro 22 delivered.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 08:47 
Offline
New Member
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2011, 20:38
Posts: 21
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
I've never tried D.Tecs. As for DG and Talon, I only used those with the old ball, not the ABS ball. The Saviga Monster 77 has softer pips than the DG, from what I recall, and I find the Saviga can generate a bit more funk (I found the DG too one-dimensional), but my main reason for not sticking with the DG was that, between the time it takes to break in and the time it takes for pips to start breaking off, there's a very small window within which it works the way it's supposed to. I can't speak to the Monster 77’s durability yet, but it worked fine from the outset, at least. As for the Talon, my issue with that rubber was its susceptibility to no-spin, which I have less of an issue with so far with this rubber.
How would you compare Monster 77 to Kamikaze in terms of speed, reversal and overall control?

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 10:53 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 844
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 140 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 1.8mm
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Gzubik wrote:
How would you compare Monster 77 to Kamikaze in terms of speed, reversal and overall control?


77 Monster is a bit faster, has higher reversal and a bit less control. Kamikaze is a good, safe rubber that does everything decently well -- and I would've been happy with it before the switch to the new ball made it no longer effective for me because it dramatically decreased spin reversal and control. After the switch to the ABS ball, I found that against high-level players, I was too much of a sitting duck with the Kamikaze. 77 Monster is a bit faster and a tiny bit more spin-sensitive, but the reality is that it has the good combination of being slow -- meaning creates good dampening -- with passive contact and fast with active contact, like when you're attacking. The benefits of 77 Monster are that significantly higher reversal with the new ball and the ability to create more funk/disturbing effects. I can block loops passively, and then the ball drops pretty short, with decently high reversal, or I can block with an active wrist, and then I can impart additional underspin or sidespin. I'd say that if you're playing with the Kamikaze and don't see any issues with it -- meaning you aren't encountering the problem of strong loopers teeing off on you -- then stick with it, because you'll make fewer mistakes. The 77 Monster, however, has pretty good control as well, and it has higher upside potential.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 21:50 
Offline
New Member
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2011, 20:38
Posts: 21
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time
You still play Monster? How about durability? I hate on Kamikaze durability, after 4 month play always lose pips ☹️

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2020, 02:22 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 844
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 140 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 1.8mm
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Gzubik wrote:
You still play Monster? How about durability? I hate on Kamikaze durability, after 4 month play always lose pips ☹️

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka


I had the same issue with the Kamikaze. Durability of 77 Monster is also not great. Already lost two pips after two months of playing about three times per week, but at under $20 a sheet, I'm okay with that.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 May 2020, 07:23 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 09 Apr 2015, 00:12
Posts: 64
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 21 times
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Gzubik wrote:
You still play Monster? How about durability? I hate on Kamikaze durability, after 4 month play always lose pips ☹️

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka


I had the same issue with the Kamikaze. Durability of 77 Monster is also not great. Already lost two pips after two months of playing about three times per week, but at under $20 a sheet, I'm okay with that.

Hi TT I hope you keeping well during this trying time. i am going to try 77 monster as a novelty pip. i have a question for: How did you glue
this rubber i.e. whether by using a glue sheet or water based glue?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 May 2020, 09:02 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 844
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 140 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 1.8mm
BH: Bomb Talent OX
redspot wrote:
Hi TT I hope you keeping well during this trying time. i am going to try 77 monster as a novelty pip. i have a question for: How did you glue
this rubber i.e. whether by using a glue sheet or water based glue?


Water-based glue.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 May 2020, 01:13 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 09 Apr 2015, 00:12
Posts: 64
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 21 times
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
redspot wrote:
Hi TT I hope you keeping well during this trying time. i am going to try 77 monster as a novelty pip. i have a question for: How did you glue
this rubber i.e. whether by using a glue sheet or water based glue?


Water-based glue.

Thank you. I looked at offers at different sellers of 77Monster and noticed that some of them sale a horizontally aligned
pimples with the same logo. One of the shops displaying both: horizontal and vertical. Looks like anything possible in
this World. I would appreciate if somebody could find some evidence of the original Saviga 77 Monster.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 May 2020, 08:05 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 844
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 140 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 1.8mm
BH: Bomb Talent OX
redspot wrote:
Thank you. I looked at offers at different sellers of 77Monster and noticed that some of them sale a horizontally aligned
pimples with the same logo. One of the shops displaying both: horizontal and vertical. Looks like anything possible in
this World. I would appreciate if somebody could find some evidence of the original Saviga 77 Monster.


Weird. All the sheets I have (from two different sellers) have vertically aligned pips.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group