OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 20:09 

Thankyou Chopoleon Bonaparte for that comprehensive report. I will also stick with it when table tennis resumes.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2020, 00:54 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I should be the one thanking you, u60479z, for bringing this great rubber to my attention. I never would have known about it otherwise, as it was not really being discussed anywhere, but your post made me decide to look into it, find the few comments I saw promising enough to order it and try it out.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2020, 13:17 
Super User

Hello,

Cant seem to find this LP on any of usual online retailers ...

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2020, 14:56 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

I got in on eBay, and that was fine.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2020, 22:38 

TT,

How does Monster compare to the popular DTECS, DG, and Dragon Talon, if you've used any of those? Thanks!

Regards,
Joe

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2020, 01:57 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

I've never tried D.Tecs. As for DG and Talon, I only used those with the old ball, not the ABS ball. The Saviga Monster 77 has softer pips than the DG, from what I recall, and I find the Saviga can generate a bit more funk (I found the DG too one-dimensional), but my main reason for not sticking with the DG was that, between the time it takes to break in and the time it takes for pips to start breaking off, there's a very small window within which it works the way it's supposed to. I can't speak to the Monster 77’s durability yet, but it worked fine from the outset, at least. As for the Talon, my issue with that rubber was its susceptibility to no-spin, which I have less of an issue with so far with this rubber.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2020, 19:34 

https://www.schuett-sport.de/
I bought my Saviga Monster 77 from here. Ordered Monday received it Wednesday.
Euro 22 delivered.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 08:47 

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
I've never tried D.Tecs. As for DG and Talon, I only used those with the old ball, not the ABS ball. The Saviga Monster 77 has softer pips than the DG, from what I recall, and I find the Saviga can generate a bit more funk (I found the DG too one-dimensional), but my main reason for not sticking with the DG was that, between the time it takes to break in and the time it takes for pips to start breaking off, there's a very small window within which it works the way it's supposed to. I can't speak to the Monster 77’s durability yet, but it worked fine from the outset, at least. As for the Talon, my issue with that rubber was its susceptibility to no-spin, which I have less of an issue with so far with this rubber.
How would you compare Monster 77 to Kamikaze in terms of speed, reversal and overall control?

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 10:53 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Gzubik wrote:
How would you compare Monster 77 to Kamikaze in terms of speed, reversal and overall control?

77 Monster is a bit faster, has higher reversal and a bit less control. Kamikaze is a good, safe rubber that does everything decently well -- and I would've been happy with it before the switch to the new ball made it no longer effective for me because it dramatically decreased spin reversal and control. After the switch to the ABS ball, I found that against high-level players, I was too much of a sitting duck with the Kamikaze. 77 Monster is a bit faster and a tiny bit more spin-sensitive, but the reality is that it has the good combination of being slow -- meaning creates good dampening -- with passive contact and fast with active contact, like when you're attacking. The benefits of 77 Monster are that significantly higher reversal with the new ball and the ability to create more funk/disturbing effects. I can block loops passively, and then the ball drops pretty short, with decently high reversal, or I can block with an active wrist, and then I can impart additional underspin or sidespin. I'd say that if you're playing with the Kamikaze and don't see any issues with it -- meaning you aren't encountering the problem of strong loopers teeing off on you -- then stick with it, because you'll make fewer mistakes. The 77 Monster, however, has pretty good control as well, and it has higher upside potential.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 21:50 

You still play Monster? How about durability? I hate on Kamikaze durability, after 4 month play always lose pips ☹️

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2020, 02:22 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Gzubik wrote:
You still play Monster? How about durability? I hate on Kamikaze durability, after 4 month play always lose pips ☹️

I had the same issue with the Kamikaze. Durability of 77 Monster is also not great. Already lost two pips after two months of playing about three times per week, but at under $20 a sheet, I'm okay with that.

PostPosted: 02 May 2020, 07:23 

Gzubik wrote:

I had the same issue with the Kamikaze. Durability of 77 Monster is also not great. Already lost two pips after two months of playing about three times per week, but at under $20 a sheet, I'm okay with that.

Hi TT I hope you keeping well during this trying time. i am going to try 77 monster as a novelty pip. i have a question for: How did you glue
this rubber i.e. whether by using a glue sheet or water based glue?

PostPosted: 02 May 2020, 09:02 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

redspot wrote:
Hi TT I hope you keeping well during this trying time. i am going to try 77 monster as a novelty pip. i have a question for: How did you glue

Water-based glue.

PostPosted: 03 May 2020, 01:13 

redspot wrote:

Water-based glue.

Thank you. I looked at offers at different sellers of 77Monster and noticed that some of them sale a horizontally aligned
pimples with the same logo. One of the shops displaying both: horizontal and vertical. Looks like anything possible in
this World. I would appreciate if somebody could find some evidence of the original Saviga 77 Monster.

PostPosted: 03 May 2020, 08:05 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

redspot wrote:
Thank you. I looked at offers at different sellers of 77Monster and noticed that some of them sale a horizontally aligned
pimples with the same logo. One of the shops displaying both: horizontal and vertical. Looks like anything possible in
this World. I would appreciate if somebody could find some evidence of the original Saviga 77 Monster.

Weird. All the sheets I have (from two different sellers) have vertically aligned pips.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next