OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 17:40 

Blade: JP Gatien allround
FH: Donic JO Waldner
BH: TSP Curl Bamboo P1
Hello everyone

I am searching for some suggestions on a good FH rubber with alot of spin and for hard attacks close to the table. I have not played table tennis since the speed glue era and used to play with a Donic JO Waldner rubber while i was blocking with frictionless long pips on backhand. I did however enjoy the occasional loop vs loop battle. I have no clue about how the speed on todays none glue rubbers compare to the old speed glue rubbers which you used to reglue before every practice (just for the sound :D). I bought a XIOM Vega elite just for fun last year and played with a friend and it was no problem to handle but now i am gonna buy a whole new bat so i need a new rubber. I was looking for the butterfly dignics rubbers but it seems to be a jungle with all the different versions.

PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 19:07 

Blade: Yinhe N9s cPen
FH: Yinhe Mercury 2 hard
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
If you enjoy spinny loops staying close to the table, the most suitable rubber is a chinese tacky, they feel slow, but with the correct weight transfer they are even faster than european tensored rubbers while maintaining a high spin.

However, take a look on this post https://pingsunday.com/best-forehand-ru ... le-tennis/

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 22:13 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Can fully recommend Rasanter R42 2.0mm on an all+ to off - blade for a close to table varied game, great control and very linear.

Going from Vega Elite to a dignics rubber may be too big a leap especially if you get a fast blade.

PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 23:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

My best testimonials for Tamasu Butterfly SRIVER-S rubbers, 1.5 mm/ to enable my invariable domination with my schoolmates for years 1972-1976.
Most fond reminiscences of mine.

Last edited by igorponger on 01 Jun 2020, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 23:59 

ChasFox wrote:
Can fully recommend Rasanter R42 2.0mm on an all+ to off - blade for a close to table varied game, great control and very linear.

Going from Vega Elite to a dignics rubber may be too big a leap especially if you get a fast blade.
Soft and thin rubber on forehand for "control" = bad habbit.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2020, 13:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Skendarn wrote:
Hello everyone

I am searching for some suggestions on a good FH rubber with alot of spin and for hard attacks close to the table. I have not played table tennis since the speed glue era and used to play with a Donic JO Waldner rubber while i was blocking with frictionless long pips on backhand. I did however enjoy the occasional loop vs loop battle. I have no clue about how the speed on todays none glue rubbers compare to the old speed glue rubbers which you used to reglue before every practice (just for the sound :D). I bought a XIOM Vega elite just for fun last year and played with a friend and it was no problem to handle but now i am gonna buy a whole new bat so i need a new rubber. I was looking for the butterfly dignics rubbers but it seems to be a jungle with all the different versions.

Why not just buy a Dignics 05 or 64 just to see what it's like? :lol: It's only money, after all..

ChasFox wrote:

If he could handle speed glued Waldner he could surely handle Dignics.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2020, 02:07 

"Why not just buy a Dignics 05 or 64 just to see what it's like? :lol: It's only money, after all.."

:))))))))

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2020, 08:46 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Skendarn wrote:
Hello everyone

h3 neo is always the most conrollable at close range, and i heard dignics 09c might be close to that , pls give it a try and write a short reviewwww