OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 02:49 

Hi, I want to get some nets for our University's table tennis club because ours are falling apart. I've seen many online that are cheap but I just want to ask here first if anyone knows any good quality nets for a low price, that I could just put on any table.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 03:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

These are pretty sturdy. Not as sturdy as my ASTI net set from 2001 but a lot sturdier than anything else I've seen.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHS-P14 ... 92264.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 09:14 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I was going to suggest exactly the same thing. Maybe not 'cheap' but cheaper than anything else of good quality. I've got one at home and we use several of these at our club.

I'd be looking at the clamp style as above as opposed to the clip on style. Though I expect that are fine too, I've seen a bad one where the clips weren't strong enough to support the net tension and they got pulled up and the net would sit about 2 cm higher than it should have been.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 19:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I must admit, that plastic net gauge they give you with it is pretty cheesy, though.. :lol: I like my metal Champion (Korea) gauge.

http://www.presports.com/miscellaneous/ ... tool.html#

It also doubles as a tension gauge.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2020, 20:30 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Update. The DHS P145 net doesn't seem to be available any more. We needed a net, so we ended up ordering one of these:

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/doub ... 48845.html

This is the Double Fish 2004A net set. It turns out to be even better than the P145 - sturdier and the net cord is freer inside the top of the net so there's no problem with bunching. Also the way the net assembles into the end pieces is better (again, no bunching) and the net height adjustment is smoother. I can't find this net on AliExpress, though there are a couple of other Double Fish nets that should be more or less the same (XW-923 and XW-924). They are a great deal more expensive, though (around USD60), we paid <USD20 on Lazada for the 2004A.

Iskandar