OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2020, 22:31 

When to use plastic rubber protectors? And how to clean them?

Hey Guys,

So I have a pair of plastic rubber protectors.

My question is when should I use them? Should they be used on a daily basis and always put them on my racket after I come from playing and then take off next day when I resume?
Or use them when storing the racket for some long time and not playing with it for a while.

Also, how should I clean there plastic protectors? For example if I practice a lot then the rubbers become dirty and I then let’s say I put the covers on. Then I come home, take the covers off, clean the racket and now if I re-put the same plastic protectors on then the rubber will again get dirty as those covers had dirt transferred on to them after the last use.

So, in short - use them daily (which doesn’t make sense to me) and how to clean them (as no point cleaning the rubber and then sullying it again by putting a dirty plastic cover on it).

Many Thanks
Jack

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 11:24 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
Jack2020, My plastic protectors stay on my blade in my bag when I'm not playing. :up: After playing back on they go until I get home where I then clean my rubbers with a damp sponge & foam cleanser then when rubbers are dry back on go the protectors. :*: By following this procedure your protectors should stay clean & so are your rubbers. :clap:
If you always do this then your rubbers are well looked after & last longer :rock:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2020, 06:55 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
If you are using the Sticky Protector Sheets then the sticky side will pickup a lot of dirt over time. It is always recommended to clean your rubbers after a session and re-use the protector sheets.

If the sheets get too dirty, you can gently wash them with normal water and try to use your fingers ( NOT YOUR NAILS) to gently push or lift the dirt from the sticky side. When the sticky side is wet with water it may not feel sticky at all, but once you are able to wash away most of the dirt and air-dry the sheets it should become sticky once more. WARNING: DO NOT SCRATCH OR RUB THE STICKY SIDE ! The Sheet will be slightly rubbery when wet and sort of translucent, this is normal.

Repeat this until after 3 to 6 months the sheets no longer are sticky but you can re-use these non-sticky sheets on or for chinese tacky rubbers so giveaway or dispose of them as you wish.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!