OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 00:11 
Super User

The tides should be uniform if there is pull from the moon but they are not.

This is a great doco.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/ppLBTaYeAPRf/

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 21:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:

This is a great doco.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/ppLBTaYeAPRf/

????

What do mean by "uniform"? It's not just the moon, the sun also exerts gravitational force that influences the tides. Spring tides are at new and full moons, when the sun and moon line up and the gravity attractions add up, and you get neap tides when the sun and moon are at 90 degrees to each other. Just another example of flat earthers misunderstanding something really basic. After all, people have understood well the relationship between tides and the phases of the moon for at least the last 3000 years...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2020, 10:54 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
I heard that the flat earth society is petitioning authorities to end Covid-19 restrictions. Apparently social distancing is pushing some of its members over the edge.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2020, 19:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

They can't go over the edge - the UN patrol ships would arrest them before they got close.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2020, 18:26 
Super User

Watch the first 5 minutes and I guarantee you will watch a lot more.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/DPZcyqG8OGWM/

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2020, 02:12 

Blade: homemade
FH: 729FX SuperSoft
BH: 729FX SuperSoft
Really?

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2020, 18:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Usually not my experience. I usually turn it off quickly because even after 10 minutes they haven't come to a point.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2020, 23:13 
Super User

From 48-30 to 52 minutes the greatest speech ever in my opinion.

JFK Secret Society speech runs a close second.

George Carlin The American Dream third best speech.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2020, 21:13 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
They would be if the solid surface of the earth were featureless. If that were the case, also humanity as we know it would not exist.
mac33 wrote:
This is a great doco.
No it isn't.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2020, 23:54 
Super User

I found this comment on a Vernon Coleman video.

Has anybody pointed out to Vernon that the same pseudoscience is used to deceive us into believing that we are living on a spinning space rock that’s spinning at 1000 mph and travels 66,600 mph around the sun in a yearly orbit of 58 million miles while the solar system spins around the galaxy at 480,000 mph, while the galaxy goes around the “great attractor” at 2.2 million mph and that the “great attractor” is 100 quadrillion times bigger than our sun. All that motion while travelling 19.2 billion miles in one year and the north star (Polaris) stays in the same position in our night sky year after year and we don’t feel a thing?

Exposing this deception is actually not that difficult and is probably one of their weakest deceptions which is why they've placed so much emphasis on ridiculing any opposition. Pay billions for space programs alongside Hollywood space productions to constantly reinforce the space concept. The sheer scale of recourses that has been allocated to defending this spinning space rock fantasy is off the scale! This is also why, they need these straw man pizza shaped models with domes and biblical drivel to muddy the waters and deflect from the seriousness and real implications of this ‘global’ cult that we're all born into. ​

Well educated discerning individuals that see through their games is their biggest threat. Let's face it, the truth needs no defence, it welcomes and is always open to questioning. The truth fears no investigation. The object truth is not up for debate. Natural Science has no duality. It is what it is. There is no double truth only a single truth. ​

We are most definitely not living on a spinning space rock flying through an endless vacuum. The globe is a mathematical concept that can only be experienced on TV and bears no resemblance to our reality. Convex oceans do not exist in reality. Water always finds it's level. ​

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2020, 07:07 

;)

Last edited by junkrubber on 01 Sep 2021, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2020, 14:23 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This is boring. And becoming more boring by the say. It was interesting for a while, but he never bring up anything new except some screed only he appreciates.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2020, 01:12 

;)

Attachments:
not-real.png
not-real.png [ 535.61 KiB | Viewed 5729 times ]

Last edited by junkrubber on 01 Sep 2021, 13:15, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2020, 03:37 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

junkrubber wrote:
Let's be clear and get real...Flat Earth Theory is as real as Santa Claus! :headbang:

I strongly disagree! As far as I can tell, flat earth theory is very real, like most other conspiracy theories out there.

"Real" doesn't equate "true".

This is much like the latest "evidence" brought by threadstarter. The fact (unsubstantiated, but I do not doubt it) that he found a comment on some video and quoted that here indicates that the comment is very real. That does not make the statements in the comment true.

The non-substantiaton of claims is typical of the conspiracy theorist: they ask you to trust yourself and your senses and not what "the authority" tells you, and then proceed to tell you how to apply your senses in order to prove their claims.

Those conspiracy theories serve one purpose: to discredit the establishment. Conspiracy theory "evangelists" will sometimes state this objective openly. There are multiple examples of this also in some of the videos posted by Mac33, If you can be bothered to look through them. One word of warning: DON'T try to watch them all in a row! They are long, self indulgent and BORING. (For myself: I have not watched them all).

Many conspiracy theories (like the one about flat earth) seem like little to worry about. Still, they contribute to the distrust of established truths, which helps to make people's minds more receptive to other lies. This is the real danger: A lie can be presented in a small, simple package, while reality (truth) is rarely simple. Making people believe a lie is often easier than proving the truth and disproving the lie. This kind of distrust in the establishment makes people more receptive to subsequent lies.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2020, 10:57 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Absolutely correct keme. Democracy cannot survive in an atmosphere of paranoid delusions. We have already witnessed how conspiracy theories can facilitate the rise and establishment of demagogues. Clearly our education systems are failing in their responsibility to teach critical thinking skills.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 64  Next