OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 568  Next
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 00:25 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
chopblock wrote:
Brett Clarke wrote:
I'm also super curious about how well people understand what i know. (even if I'm wrong on every single point).

Do people know what I know in 2020? If you think you do, please make a quick 2- 3 minute video and quickly explain backhand and forehand hit, backhand and forehand topspin against block and backspin, how to move between backhand and forehand topspin, how to play forehand from 2 positions & how to pivot. Throw in some serves too if you want along with banana flick. Serve recovery too.

Okay, it might be 3 mins with all of this. If you take more than 10 seconds for the forehand counterhit, you've gone to long.

You don't need to use a ball (just shadow) and a quick demo with 2 or 3 sentences on each shot is more than enough. Make sure it's 2020 and not 2016. Send the video to [email protected] or post it here. I'll never show anyone if that's your wish and I'm truly curious.

There are things I've never demonstrated like diving early into backhands (like mickd) or jumping into the backswing on forehand cross/semi cross, but most things are either on the website or have been discussed here.

As I've said a number of times, I'm working on simplifying 2020 content every day atm.

I didn't read this post carefully, so I made a video about how to hit a forehand topspin vs block only, which I have been practicing the most since joining ttEDGE. Anyway, for your enjoyment.

https://youtu.be/-U80SWYTE6c

Nice!!!!

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 00:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

chopblock wrote:
Brett Clarke wrote:
I'm also super curious about how well people understand what i know. (even if I'm wrong on every single point).

Do people know what I know in 2020? If you think you do, please make a quick 2- 3 minute video and quickly explain backhand and forehand hit, backhand and forehand topspin against block and backspin, how to move between backhand and forehand topspin, how to play forehand from 2 positions & how to pivot. Throw in some serves too if you want along with banana flick. Serve recovery too.

Okay, it might be 3 mins with all of this. If you take more than 10 seconds for the forehand counterhit, you've gone to long.

You don't need to use a ball (just shadow) and a quick demo with 2 or 3 sentences on each shot is more than enough. Make sure it's 2020 and not 2016. Send the video to [email protected] or post it here. I'll never show anyone if that's your wish and I'm truly curious.

There are things I've never demonstrated like diving early into backhands (like mickd) or jumping into the backswing on forehand cross/semi cross, but most things are either on the website or have been discussed here.

As I've said a number of times, I'm working on simplifying 2020 content every day atm.

I didn't read this post carefully, so I made a video about how to hit a forehand topspin vs block only, which I have been practicing the most since joining ttEDGE. Anyway, for your enjoyment.

This is the most I've laughed in months :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 00:52 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
This is brilliant. Well done, and thank you.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 16:47 

I'm interested to know if any on this forum has an opinion about, or experience with using, a rebound board, as I'm considering a DIY project to make one.

Am thinking of using some reasonably solid MDF board, about 3 X 2 inverted rubbers (Mercury 2, or maybe something cheaper). Some I've seen on the internet sit on the table in a tiltable frame, while others are positioned behind the table. Any thoughts on the relative merits of such configurations.

And are they any more useful (or useless) as hitting partners than a robot?

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 17:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 45
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: DHS Hurricane 8-80
chopblock wrote:
Brett Clarke wrote:

That is the TT comedy we need!

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 20:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

elbowed wrote:
I'm interested to know if any on this forum has an opinion about, or experience with using, a rebound board, as I'm considering a DIY project to make one.

Am thinking of using some reasonably solid MDF board, about 3 X 2 inverted rubbers (Mercury 2, or maybe something cheaper). Some I've seen on the internet sit on the table in a tiltable frame, while others are positioned behind the table. Any thoughts on the relative merits of such configurations.

And are they any more useful (or useless) as hitting partners than a robot?

I've never seen one live, so I don't know.

I'd be surprised if NL, BRS or Russ doesn't know?

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 20:41 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Brett Clarke wrote:

Pretty sure BRS had a return board for a while... I am sure I remember seeing videos of him using it.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 20:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

LordCope wrote:
Brett Clarke wrote:

Pretty sure BRS had a return board for a while... I am sure I remember seeing videos of him using it.

Of course he did.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 23:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Of course I did. I gave it to Tyson's club. Mine was on a stand behind the table. It was very realistic like a person blocking and worth using.

It couldn't return pips shots. You have to be consistent within a range of spin and speed or it misses. That's the point of them but just be aware.

I only gave mine to the club because I was starting to get a shoulder injury from looping at it. I don't know if the stroke angle had to be the same all the time or if it just blocked too many in a row, but I don't get that with my beloved new robot, or if a human blocks to me. But I don't usually fh loop for an hour straight either.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2020, 00:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I messed around with a rebound board long ago. I think it's quite useful for a beginner to learn spin and get some consistency. BRS is right - you change the spin or speed too much and the ball wont drop back on the table. One interesting thing was that a slick board would return backspin from top spin (like long pips) so one could work against backspin pretty easily by feeding a top spin to the board.

It also teaches someone how to feed the board which can translate to feeding others. If you do not give it a ball correctly, it won't come back on the table.

Some robots are a step up (2+ wheel robots), actual practice partners is a big step up from that even. With my old 1 wheel robot I thought the rebound board was a good compliment actually.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2020, 01:11 

BRS wrote:
Of course I did. I gave it to Tyson's club. Mine was on a stand behind the table. It was very realistic like a person blocking and worth using.

It couldn't return pips shots. You have to be consistent within a range of spin and speed or it misses. That's the point of them but just be aware.

I only gave mine to the club because I was starting to get a shoulder injury from looping at it. I don't know if the stroke angle had to be the same all the time or if it just blocked too many in a row, but I don't get that with my beloved new robot, or if a human blocks to me. But I don't usually fh loop for an hour straight either.

How long have I been out? U started liking robots all of a sudden lol

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2020, 01:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

big d wrote:
BRS wrote:

Dan, people change. If you wait long enough, I'll one day support you pushing all those long serves.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2020, 01:33 

Brett Clarke wrote:
big d wrote:
BRS wrote:

Dan, people change. If you wait long enough, I'll one day support you pushing all those long serves.

@Genie, is this a test?

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2020, 01:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The Chinese have been testing pandas for several millennium. I'm new to the game.

After you freed me 2 days ago, I finally got tickets back to Australia. Thanks for allocating me your final wishes.

I"m off to to see the world!

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2020, 02:05 

Brett Clarke wrote:
The Chinese have been testing pandas for several millennium. I'm new to the game.

After you freed me 2 days ago, I finally got tickets back to Australia. Thanks for allocating me your final wishes.

I"m off to to see the world!

So no more coaching the Indian Team?

I heard there is an opening across the border .

On a serious note I’m glad u r able to go back home now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 568  Next