OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2020, 19:49 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Dr Neubauer Explosion Pro

EXPLOSION PRO
Short pimples with high speed and disruptive effect

EXPLOSION PRO is a new version of our classic short pimple rubber EXPLOSION.
This new development still offers a very good compromise between control, attacking possibilities and disruptive effect.

EXPLOSION PRO comes with both more speed and more disruptive effect. All in all the rubber enables an even more dynamic game since the ball can be accelerated decisively through aggressive counter-attacking and straight hitting, creating a low bounce that will provoke direct mistakes by your opponent.

Finally EXPLOSION PRO also offers very good control, making it easy to produce all classic short pimple techniques.

The best compromise between control and disruptive effect is achieved with thin sponge (1.2 and 1.5mm), while the thicker versions will make the rubber faster, but less disruptive.

Category: Short pimples
Colours: red +black
Sponge: OX+1.2+1.5+1.8+2.0+2.2mm
Speed: 98
Spin: 85
Control: 94

I will test it in 1.5 when it arrives

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2020, 06:04 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Will be interested to see how you find it in comparison to killer pro Evo both on speed and spin/disruption balance

Have u played with the original explosion.? A found it a bit dead and lacking feel in1.5 at least on my blades. They don't say if the new sponge is harder or softer.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2021, 05:55 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Dr Neubauer Explosion Pro 1.5: on Donic WSUC.

Speed:
Learn to control the speed, because it is faster than Killer rubber.
A topspin short pip stroken needs a good controlled stroke because other wise
it does not land on the table at first. So I may say that the speed is rather fast. ;)

Service / Push:
Serving yourself you can get a little bit of spin of your own.
Not sensitive to incoming spin.
Push is good and well controlled.

Block:
Passive: easy to block, not deceptive and no sink but easy to keep the ball on the table.
Active: slightly move forward (little bit more open bat) en ball dives down faster than the passive block.
When i first do a passive block and after that a slightly active block little bit moving forward
ball goes down and causes problems for the opponents. :devil:

Hit:
Good for hitting, balls goes down fast and can be direct winners. :devil:

Opening up:
Has it more grip than Killer ? I can’t say but it was easy to opening up
maybe due the speed of the sponge / rubber. Make sure you do not overhit the table.
Opening up does not cause problems in low sinking. But it can be used for hitting
the next ball or to set up your FH.

Chopping / Chop block:
Chop block is possible but not the thing to do with this rubber.
Can be used spontaneousely but ball goes long on the table
Chopping is also ok but backspin is average which is normal.

Conclusion: :punch:

Easier to play rubber than Killer: a more controlled Killer rubber version. Less deceptive than killer but a good next step for players who want to play normal short pips and want a rubber easy to play and wanted a next more little bit deceptive shortpip rubber for developing their game.

I also thought it was something strange because i had to get used to what the strongest and weaknest points were of the Explosion pro. :whew:
A good intermediate step: Maybe a good idea to gain more experience if you want to play some more deceptive rubber sooner or later in short or medium pips.

It attacks like short pips but it has some medium pips effect when used actively: hit + move foreward block. Getting used to the speed at first because the rubber is fast enough with fairly good control. Maybe a next step are the Killer series and later on the more disruptive medium pips. :rock:

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2021, 20:00 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Sounds like a good update on the original explosion which I have tried in various blades in 1.5mm on BH but other than on a fast TSP Trinity carbon found a bit slow and dead feeling.

My main problem with this type if low friction short pip is the rather one dimensional nature, the lack of grip making it difficult to chop/chop block with back spin or attack low balls with a little topspin and get the ball over the net with speed and still on the table.

Personally I am switching for a while to slightly more spinny short pips with thin sponge (Moristo AX, Warran, Firestorm) to get a better combination of spin and deception for general club play where there is often a need to attack shorter low spin balls with spin rather than just block or counter hit topspin which is what Explosion is great at. Where the original explosion does excel on a fast blade and no doubt the pro version more so, is attacking short high balls, being very precise in placement due to the firm pips and medium sponge and nasty low bounce off the table.