OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2020, 07:12 

Blade: Avalox Blue Thunder 555
FH: Palio cj8000 Biotech
BH: Palio cj8000 Biotech
Hey all,

I've just decided starting at tabletennis again after a 6 years break.
I'm not a beginner, but I still need practice with my basics (who doesn't).

In the past I mainly played with AVX BT555 and Palio cj8000 36-38 (regular). I gave it away when I stopped, so just got the same setup to be safe, but the rubbers with Biotech instead, which doesn't feel any faster. Actually it feels a bit slower than I remember. Couldn't be the plastic balls could it? I stopped just right before that became an actual thing :D
Ayways, I'm not planning on switching rubbers anytime soon. I think that would be a mistake haha. But I suspect that either after a half or a whole season, I might want to go with something a bit more powerful. So I'm just searching Beforehand, since I know that the market is quite wast. I've tried several blades and rubbers in the past, so I know that neither completely jap/eur or chinese style rubbers are my thing. I prefer hybrid style rubbers like the CJ8000's. It's like Sriver but with a medium tacky rubber. Lasts longer than Sriver though :lol: But when my loopskills have developed and I become more confident in playing further away from the table, those rubbers are not gonna be powerful enough. 'Butterfly Dignics 09c' is probably gonna be too big of a jump. So what would be a good middle thing? I still want a medium-high throw and not less spin of course. Some tackiness and maybe Tensor style.

I've searched around a bit, but I don't know if they'll be the right choice or too fast for me:

- Joola Golden Tango PS

- Xiom Vega China

- Palio Blitz

- Tibhar Grip S

- Tibhar K1

What do you guys think of those? Any good? Do you have any recomendations? :)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2020, 14:27 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
"jonasnymose" I use the Joola Golden Tango PS & the Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm on my FH & LP's on my BH. Joola Golden Tango PS for me is brilliant with great spin, good throw & great speed. :up: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2020, 14:45 
Super User

Hi jonasnymose,

I'd recommend one of the following ..

• Xiom Vega Europe
  • Palio AK-47 Blue or even the Yellow variant
  • Friendship Focus III Snipe
  • DHS Gold Arc 5
  • DHS NEO Hurricane 3

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 00:43 

Gollum wrote:
"jonasnymose" I use the Joola Golden Tango PS & the Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm on my FH & LP's on my BH. Joola Golden Tango PS for me is brilliant with great spin, good throw & great speed. :up: :clap:

Thanks!
I don't doubt that it's a great rubber, but I'm concerned if it Will be too fast for me coming from cj8000, which is like Sriver but with a tacky topsheet. I don't wanna jump too far haha. Do you know if Golden Tango PS is slower than Dignics 09c?

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 00:57 

ootbs wrote:
Hi jonasnymose,

• Xiom Vega Europe
  • DHS Gold Arc 5
  • DHS NEO Hurricane 3

I once tried Vega Elite, but that was way too bouncy for me, and I had trouble generating spin, because I'm used to a tacky topsheet, so Vega Europe, would probably not work for me.
But you say that the other ones you mentioned Should be a bit faster, with at least same amount of spin and similar curve?

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 01:01 
My Precious

jonasnymose wrote:
Gollum wrote:

Thanks!
I don't doubt that it's a great rubber, but I'm concerned if it Will be too fast for me coming from cj8000, which is like Sriver but with a tacky topsheet. I don't wanna jump too far haha. Do you know if Golden Tango PS is slower than Dignics 09c?

I'm not sure but the Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm is a bit slower & not quite as spiny but still a great rubber.
another great thing about both of these rubbers is that they keep there new effect for a long,long time :up:

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 01:15 

Gollum wrote:
jonasnymose wrote:
Gollum wrote:

Thanks!

I'm not sure but the Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm is a bit slower & not quite as spiny but still a great rubber.
another great thing about both of these rubbers is that they keep there new effect for a long,long time :up:

Then the PS is probably a little bit slower.
I also had a look at H3 Neo. But can't figure out if speed is about the same as CJ8000's or a bit faster. Hmm. Great that I have a long time to decide :D

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 02:23 
Super User

jonasnymose wrote:
ootbs wrote:
Hi jonasnymose,

• Xiom Vega Europe
  • DHS Gold Arc 5
  • DHS NEO Hurricane 3

I once tried Vega Elite, but that was way too bouncy for me, and I had trouble generating spin, because I'm used to a tacky topsheet, so Vega Europe, would probably not work for me.
But you say that the other ones you mentioned Should be a bit faster, with at least same amount of spin and similar curve?

If you'd like Tacky Rubbers, then from the above recommendation, only DHS NEO Hurricane 3 would be tacky... Other tacky rubbers you could try are

• Friendship Bloom Speed or Boom Power, if you want something even faster
  • DHS Hurricane 3
  • Palio Thors

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 05:41 

ootbs wrote:
jonasnymose wrote:
ootbs wrote:
Hi jonasnymose,

• Xiom Vega Europe
  • DHS Gold Arc 5
  • DHS NEO Hurricane 3

If you'd like Tacky Rubbers, then from the above recommendation, only DHS NEO Hurricane 3 would be tacky... Other tacky rubbers you could try are

• Friendship Bloom Speed or Boom Power, if you want something even faster
  • DHS Hurricane 3
  • Palio Thors

Yeah exactly. I checked up on the different ones mentioned and H3 Neo looked like the only possible candidate out of those. My forehand rubber needs to have some tack for serving and looping. But I'm not sure. I'm not Looking for all out chinese style. Too dificult for me to play with.

Of those kinds I've tried:

- Friendship 729 Super FX

- Friendship 729 Super FX Sensor

- DHS G666

- Gewo Thunderball 2

- Juic Elite 999

- Friendship 729 Cream Transcend

- LKT Rapid Sound

- HRT Huaruite Wujilong - Dragon

- Yinhe/Galaxy Apollo

- DHS Tinarc 3

None of them really worked great for me.

I've also tried a few hybrid rubbers:

- Palio cj8000 36-38 (with and without biotech)

- Yasaka zap (essentially another cj8000 variation)

- Adidas P7

- Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 40

For European/japanese style rubbers I've tried:

- Butterfly Sriver EL

- Butterfly Sriver FX

- Yasaka Mark V

- Donic Vario

- Armstrong Seifuku SS-42

- Tibhar Genius

- Xiom Vega Elite

- Gewo Reflexx Sound

- Donic Gallardo Power Sound

Most of those didn't work out great for me either. The Srivers were fine when I was a beginner, but I couldn't generate enough spin with them, and they always died after a couple of months.

Sorry for writing everything down haha. I suddenly discovered how much I ej'ed in the past. Most of it I had forgotten about, so I got surprised when I looked in my order histories like "Did I buy that?".
But the rubber that worked out the best for me was cj8000 (And Zap) for sure. Wasn't too fast, too slow, too tacky, too bouncy or too low throw. It was just the right balance.

I watched a vid of Joola Golden Tango and it seems like it has enough tack at least. Doesn't look too fast.

I also remember that once some of my old clubmates who was better than me, insisted on letting me try their rackets, because they thought mine (bt555 and cj8000) was too slow. They were convinced that I wouldn't have much problem controlling them. One racket was Clipper with Baracuda and Another was some Butterfly ALC with some kind of Tenergy. And truly I was actually surprised that I could control them to a certain extend. Wasn't as bouncy as I thought. Then someday I bought a Clipper myself with some other rubbers. Most likely chinese on the forehand and eur/jap on the backhand. Ball flew Into the net and over the table haha. Tried a few other stiff blades were the same happened :?: :D

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 23:39 
My Precious

I've had Golden Tango or Golden Tango PS on the FH of all 4 on my blades for about a year & they are still spiny ( they haven't died ) :rock: with the PS as my favourite with these rubbers I can produce very spiny serves. :up:

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2020, 07:42 

Yeah seems like these rubbers have only gotten positive reviews. I'll probably try them out on both fh and bh on my current blade when it's time to change. If I feel like I'll need more pace than that in future, then I'll probably switch blade to bt777.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 17:12 

Blade: Tibhar lebesson
FH: Xiom vega europe 2.0
BH: Stiga DNA future 2.1
How does this cj8000 36-38 biotech rubber compare in terms of speed and buncyness to tackiness chop 2, ak47 blue, stiga mendo, stiga dna future? Thanks!!!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 15:58 
Super User

I've play with the AK-47 (Blue), and have played with a variant of the CJ8000, and found the following

• AK47 Blue is lighter
  • AK47 Blue is less tackier.. Infact, it has very little or almost no tack at all. However, it had a fairly grippy topsheet, with a slightly grainy surface.
  • AK47 Blue is faster
  • AK47 has more variety in speed
  • AK47 had a sponge hardness that's a notch harder than CJ8000 36° - 38°
  • I found that the CJ8000 has better durability

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2021, 15:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

My suggestion is, given what it costs, to just get a sheet of AK47 Blue and try it. Blue is the middle one in terms of hardness - I forget which one is softer - the red or the yellow. The other one would be softer. As mentioned earlier - blue would be harder than the CJ8000 mentioned (it came in a dizzying variety of sponges - the topsheets were supposed to be all the same but there is evidence they actually sold three different topsheets, at least they used to).

If you now want to know whether you should get the blue, the red or the yellow AK47 - heck, they're cheap enough, get all three... :lol: You'll still spend a lot less than if you bought one sheet of Tackiness. I'll add my usual caveat - chances are if you mount ANY of two of these rubbers on different sides of the same blade you'll be hard pressed to tell which is which - in the end rubber matters a lot less than you think it does.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2021, 19:56 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
My suggestion is, given what it costs, to just get a sheet of AK47 Blue and try it. Blue is the middle one in terms of hardness - I forget which one is softer - the red or the yellow. The other one would be softer. As mentioned earlier - blue would be harder than the CJ8000 mentioned (it came in a dizzying variety of sponges - the topsheets were supposed to be all the same but there is evidence they actually sold three different topsheets, at least they used to).
Iskandar

Wait ... I thought, in terms of sponge-hardness, the AK-47 Yellow (40° - 42° sits in between the Blue (Softest @ °38 - 40°), and the Red (45° - 47°) ... can anyone confirm ...

iskandar taib wrote:
If you now want to know whether you should get the blue, the red or the yellow AK47 - heck, they're cheap enough, get all three... :lol: You'll still spend a lot less than if you bought one sheet of Tackiness. I'll add my usual caveat - chances are if you mount ANY of two of these rubbers on different sides of the same blade you'll be hard pressed to tell which is which - in the end rubber matters a lot less than you think it does.
Iskandar

I agree with Iskander, in that they're rather cheap ... However, there is a notice'able difference between the 3 .. I own all 3 - The Red is clearly the hardest and fastest ... The Yellow, seems just a tad springy'er than the blue ../

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!