OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Nov 2020, 07:54


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2020, 02:31 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 853
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 143 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 1.8mm
BH: Hellfire X OX
charmander defender wrote:
The only weakness ,imo ,is that it lacks what people call : braking effect for superfast shots.It is really difficult to block mid table and the block does land long but what you can do is to try and block the ball at net level as much as possible .


This is why I was saying above that with this rubber, it is better to take the ball late rather than early. If you try to block very fast loops off the bounce, the ball will shoot up, but if you block them by holding the blade loosely close to your body, somewhere near the table's end-line, you will get a low ball with pretty good spin reversal. Even better, of course, is if you can do a chop-block in the same location, which will result in the very nasty, high underspin return.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 27 Aug 2020, 23:35 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 544
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 118 times
Blade: Grubba All +
FH: Marder 1.0
BH: Dawei 388d-1 0.5 mm / ox
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
The only weakness ,imo ,is that it lacks what people call : braking effect for superfast shots.It is really difficult to block mid table and the block does land long but what you can do is to try and block the ball at net level as much as possible .


This is why I was saying above that with this rubber, it is better to take the ball late rather than early. If you try to block very fast loops off the bounce, the ball will shoot up, but if you block them by holding the blade loosely close to your body, somewhere near the table's end-line, you will get a low ball with pretty good spin reversal. Even better, of course, is if you can do a chop-block in the same location, which will result in the very nasty, high underspin return.



Yes, you are very right . I have been trying to chop block and this is the shot to go for.I also agree that if you just do passive blocking on that kind of shots the ball pops up ,thus, making things easier for your opponent .

The chop block from the bh corner does send heavy underspin and been practising it in all my sessions here.Even when you block on the fh corner- the so called chicken wing block- the ball does land with great reversal. So far durability has been of no concern for me ,thanks to zero hitting.

Marder 1.2 and Marder 1.0 go great with the pips .I play consistently with both but 1.2 is better for attacking imo.Marder is too slow for attacking but we cannot have the best of both worlds,can we?

Ttradesman is spot on in all his comments of this rubber and I concur with all of his observations.As for pushing, the very soft pips are much better than those of DG,however,I still think DG is way more disruptive,meaning that the opponent will make more mistakes when relooping . I don't mean 77M is harmless but if you ask me which is the more disruptive of the two,DG is still one of the most disruptive pips despite its poor durability.77M is more versatile , I think , overall ,it shines in all departments; however,DG is weaker than 77 M for pushing no spin balls .

Another feature I have mentioned is the fact that this rubber does not need to be broken in so you can see what it can deliver.On the other hand, DG needs quite some time to really start seeing great results.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2020, 01:47 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 853
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 143 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 1.8mm
BH: Hellfire X OX
charmander defender wrote:
Yes, you are very right . I have been trying to chop block and this is the shot to go for.I also agree that if you just do passive blocking on that kind of shots the ball pops up ,thus, making things easier for your opponent .


I found that even PASSIVE blocking worked against hard, fast loops when you take the ball late (near your body) with a loose grip with this rubber. But the blade may make a difference here....

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2020, 21:37 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 544
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 118 times
Blade: Grubba All +
FH: Marder 1.0
BH: Dawei 388d-1 0.5 mm / ox
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
Yes, you are very right . I have been trying to chop block and this is the shot to go for.I also agree that if you just do passive blocking on that kind of shots the ball pops up ,thus, making things easier for your opponent .


I found that even PASSIVE blocking worked against hard, fast loops when you take the ball late (near your body) with a loose grip with this rubber. But the blade may make a difference here....


Yes,it works as well but for me chopblocking is more comfortable mind wise since every time you get a fast loop you need to change the grip so mentally, it must be distressful.

Also,when serving low fast no spin balls to the bh corner ,it makes trouble and you can get an extra point easily.

Luckily, I can also train with a Bomb Talent user.In the pip rallies 77 M is safer,however,accurate, active ,speedy pushes to the corners is a winner for BT.What we have discussed previously is the fact that BT is similar to Aggressor in the sense that you need tons of training so the rubber won't dominate you but once you get the hang of it,BT is a great rubber .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2020, 20:13 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 544
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 118 times
Blade: Grubba All +
FH: Marder 1.0
BH: Dawei 388d-1 0.5 mm / ox
Been trying different sheets in red .There are some differences in speed as some are noticeably faster. I don't really like this.

Also,I still do find DG more disruptive,much more difficult to reloop ; however,I can come back to DG at any time.

I will keep training with it for some weeks to see if usage makes it perform better.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: masticore17 and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group