OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2020, 11:57 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Just wondering if anyone has one and whether it's big enough for defensive blades... Thanks

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2020, 13:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmm. Took me a few seconds to figure out what you were referring to. Never heard of this particular racket press, where can you buy one, and can you post a link?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2020, 13:56 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
I don't have such a press so I cannot help you with this question, but...

You can easily create a press a lot cheaper with 2 pieces of thick glass. I found two of them in my storage, they are 1cm thick (~3/8 inches). They are about 20x25cm, but smaller around 20x20cm ~ 8x8inches would be better. Also found four of these black clamps in my tools (woodworker's spring clamps), which are really cheap. Plus you can use the glass as a cutting board to cut the rubber with a (really REALLY sharp) knife.

Some $$$ saved 8)

Attachments:
glass press.jpg
glass press.jpg [ 55.32 KiB | Viewed 2934 times ]

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2020, 17:35 
Super User

This is cool ... I wonder how much better this is as compared to what I've been doing - sandwhich'ing between a couple of heavy books, topped with a steel motar.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2020, 19:36 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
ootbs wrote:
This is cool ... I wonder how much better this is as compared to what I've been doing - sandwhich'ing between a couple of heavy books, topped with a steel motar.

I don't think that this "glass press" should be better than your solution. But I am sure that due to the "flatness" of this thick glass sandwich you will be sure that there are no areas/points with more pressure on the rubbers than others. Note that you can have more pressure by using bigger/smaller or more/less clamps, and you can also put weight (like heavy books) on top of this too.

As I remember these (four) clamps cost around 5USD total, and you can get these glass leftovers from a "glass" store for about 5~10 USD.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2020, 07:33 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
You'll find the Yasaka Clicky Press II at a similar price range. It handles oversized DEF blades without any issues. Maybe not the most necessary thing in the world but I like it.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2020, 09:22 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Hmm. Took me a few seconds to figure out what you were referring to. Never heard of this particular racket press, where can you buy one, and can you post a link?

Iskandar

The subject is the exact name of the product... Clicky press, rubber press.
https://www.megaspin.net/store/default. ... rev3-press

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2020, 09:23 
Super User

tzifos wrote:

You can easily create a press a lot cheaper with 2 pieces of thick glass. I found two of them in my storage, they are 1cm thick (~3/8 inches). They are about 20x25cm, but smaller around 20x20cm ~ 8x8inches would be better. Also found four of these black clamps in my tools (woodworker's spring clamps), which are really cheap. Plus you can use the glass as a cutting board to cut the rubber with a (really REALLY sharp) knife.

Some $$$ saved 8)

I actually have these clamps somewhere, and several.. thank you for the idea!

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2020, 14:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

tzifos wrote:

Some $$$ saved 8)

NOT something you can throw in your gym bag to take to the club, of course... :lol:

THE racket press that's been around for a long time is the Clicky.

https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng ... y-press-ii

Should be very easy to make something similar, too.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2020, 21:53 

This is a press I've built with very little effort, and I don't consider myself handy. The MDF is 10mm thick, if I could start again I would get it in 18 or 20mm because mine flexes a bit at the corners when tightened. But it does the job so I can't be bothered to change it. Image

Julian

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2020, 02:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Kinda similar to my setup (1 inch thick MDF and a collection of C-clamps) from when I was making blades. But as I said, not something you can throw in your gym bag. The Clicky IS small and light enough to throw in your gym bag. I don't think the portable feature is all that useful these days (why would you want to take a clamped bat to the club or tournament?) but they were quite useful back in the speed gluing era. These days a heavy home-made one would be just as good for home gluing/boosting.

I remember that wooden tennis rackets were kept in head clamps, too - if you didn't they'd warp.

Iskandar