OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2020, 10:27 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
ITTF and Adham Sharara joint statement
07 Nov 2020

On behalf of the ITTF, President Thomas Weikert, and on his behalf, Honorary President Adham Sharara, are releasing the following joint statement:

Recognising that the peaceful resolution of the dispute between the ITTF and Mr. Adham Sharara concerning his suspension is in the best interest of table tennis, and that all parties wish to focus their time, money, and other resources on the sport as a whole in these unprecedented and challenging times, the ITTF and Mr. Sharara are pleased to announce that the parties have agreed to a settlement, resulting in the conclusion of Mr. Sharara’s. suspension on 30 November 2020, and the withdrawal of Mr. Sharara’s appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2020, 18:40 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

A constellation with "... peaceful resolution ..." and "... settlement ..." implies that the "conflicting element" (mr. A.S.) not enter the scene again, right?

No?

MNNB got info suggesting otherwise? (Or perhaps just life experience suggesting so?)

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2020, 14:40 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Sharara's suspension now over. He says he's still honorary ITTF president, but he's not running next year against Weikert. I predict he changes his mind.

Quote:
The next ITTF Presidential election is set to take place next year, with Weikert due to stand for re-election. Sharara has confirmed to insidethegames he does not intend to run for ITTF President and that he had retained the position of Honorary President throughout his suspension.

"After my retirement from the ITTF Presidency in 2014, I never had the intention then or now to run for any position at the ITTF," he said. "I am very honoured to be the Honorary President and I will provide any assistance to the ITTF as may be needed. I do not hold any grudges against anyone, this was an unfortunate incident, which is now behind us."

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles ... suspension

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2020, 21:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

DEFUNCT CAPTAIN.

mr. Thomas Weikert now sufferring a heavy mishap. He came out an unfortunate captain of the ship aground.
International table tennis activities is now much like a frozen chicken. So is Mr. Weikert, Mr. Dainton an all the other ITTF office..

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2020, 04:20 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

igorponger wrote:
DEFUNCT CAPTAIN.

mr. Thomas Weikert now sufferring a heavy mishap. He came out an unfortunate captain of the ship aground.
International table tennis activities is now much like a frozen chicken. So is Mr. Weikert, Mr. Dainton an all the other ITTF office..

Weikert's presidency has been a trainwreck. I predict Sharara plays the martyr role and says that because people are begging him he has "reluctantly" decided to run again to save table tennis.

| My OOAK Interview