OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2020, 06:10 

Hello Slipstream,

Didn't know you were my student Vinay. LOL! Hope you are ready for more hard work!

Coach McAfee

Joola Badman OX
Joola Ultra Express 2.0

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2020, 09:36 

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Hybrid
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C 2.1
BH: DMS STÖRKRAFT 0.8
CoachMcAfee wrote:
Hello Slipstream,

Didn't know you were my student Vinay. LOL! Hope you are ready for more hard work!

Coach McAfee

lol..I am disguised here Coach:). Looking forward to more work :)

Thanks
Vinay

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 00:02 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Slipstream that is a really good looking video, you've got a very nice game! What other DMS antis have you used? I'm using Scandal right now and would be interested in a comparison, if you have used that one. By watching your video, it doesn't seem like it's as slow as Scandal, but the throw looks lower and flatter.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 00:29 

dwruck wrote:
Slipstream that is a really good looking video, you've got a very nice game! What other DMS antis have you used? I'm using Scandal right now and would be interested in a comparison, if you have used that one. By watching your video, it doesn't seem like it's as slow as Scandal, but the throw looks lower and flatter.

Thank you very much. I have tried a number of DMS antis starting from Mega Block, TES, Scandal and Reflection; all of them on a Revolution blade. I liked Scandal and Reflection (used to play with Reflection before Störkraft ). I personally think that there are 2 major advantages of Storkraft over the others, spin reversal is much higher with ABS balls and the low throw. I also think this is a little harder to control in comparison with the Scandal but that can be overcome with training.

Hope this helps

Thanks
V

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 05:42 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Thank you for the advice, I might have to give it a try eventually. I'm just learning to play with these type of rubbers (transitioning from long pips on the backhand) so perhaps I will stay with a little higher control in the Scandal for now and give the Storkraft a try once I'm more skilled.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 06:34 

dwruck wrote:
Thank you for the advice, I might have to give it a try eventually. I'm just learning to play with these type of rubbers (transitioning from long pips on the backhand) so perhaps I will stay with a little higher control in the Scandal for now and give the Storkraft a try once I'm more skilled.

That makes sense. I switched from long pips to FXless Anti as well. Good luck

Thanks
Vinay

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2020, 23:07 

Blade: DMSP SCOOPER ALL+ / ST
FH: BARNA EXTRA SPIN SPEED
BH: changed every training ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKOqpX-47S8&t=1s

Wow nice video Vinay Chandra great style to play :clap:

http://www.der-materialspezialist.com
https://www.barnaoriginal.com

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2020, 00:45 

materialspezialist wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKOqpX-47S8&t=1s

Wow nice video Vinay Chandra great style to play :clap:

Thank you very much

Vinay

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2020, 17:12 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Yesturday, I tried Storkraft 1.2 on Timo Boll ALC blade. Previously, I was very satisfied with Transformer ES 1.2 on this blade.

Storkraft is better in all aspects than Transformer ES and others for approximately 15%. Harder topsheet and softer sponge do their job !!! :D

Storkraft is faster than Transformer ES, Scandal ( similar speed as Reflection) so attack or aggressive push is easier to perform and balls are faster with lest time for opponent to react. :D

Passive block against loop or topspin is very very short. If this stroke is slow, you have to add forward motion to preserve that ball do not fall in the net. You can see this fact on Amir promotional video of Storkraft. Also, ball goes very low. Spin reverse is better than all previous frictionless antis on ABS ball (I use DHS D40+ balls). Good spin reverse and short blocks remind me on period with celuloid balls. :up: :up: :up:

Cons: There is a little problem. You have to be careful against flat hit, smash or topspin with low rotation ! :sweat: Because of Storkraft's speed and lack of spin in opponent's stroke, blocks goes long (or too long) !!! Be careful and adjust you angle to provide that these blocks fall on the table, or twiddle. :devil: Also, aggressive push against opponent's empty push have to be tricky !! Correct angle and power of stroke !

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2020, 23:37 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

That's a very good review, thanks! I'm loving Scandal and have been debating giving Storkraft a try. I think for now I will continue to stick with Scandal for the slower speed. I have pretty good control of it against flat hits and serves and I don't think I'd want to give that up.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 19:40 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
mataxxl wrote:
Cons: There is a little problem. You have to be careful against flat hit, smash or topspin with low rotation ! :sweat: Because of Storkraft's speed and lack of spin in opponent's stroke, blocks goes long (or too long) !!! Be careful and adjust you angle to provide that these blocks fall on the table, or twiddle. :devil: Also, aggressive push against opponent's empty push have to be tricky !! Correct angle and power of stroke !

I am already use to Storkraft for three thainings. Storkraft is nice upgrade in all aspects.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2020, 09:37 

AA wrote:
it definitely isnt fast, quite on the contrary its slow..depending on the sponge thickness..but it isnt as slow as the vortex...the trajectory, is lower.

the rubber has been developed by summer of last year, so both störkraft and vortex have been given the same sponge independently of each other...

Hi Amir,

You play very good with both reflection & storkraft in their thinnest (0.9mm) range.
If you compare them, is there a significant difference?
why would one prefer over the other? is it the control, the attacking ease, the spin reversal, the trajectory or the slow/short returns?

You seem to have settled on storkraft. I guess that's winner over reflection.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2021, 21:02 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
After 6 months with Barna SuperGlanti I revisited Störkraft again a few days ago. Here i just a short clip from one set (not complete, camera failure made the clip shorter than it should):

https://youtu.be/sVJXGrlCZM0

Störkraft is very controlled, even with 1,2 mm on my Stiga Clipper blade (rather fast blade). Spin reversal, compared to SuperGlanti is not as high on blocks, but when attacking back spin the ball is more unpredictable. Overall this rubber is more unpredictable for the opponent compared to SuperGlanti. You need to work more with the bat, finding the right angle on blocks etc, but when you get used to it you can keep the ball rather low. The best part with this rubber is doing aggressive pushes, even against no spin. It is also rather easy to place the blocks deep to the base line or closer to the net since the sponge is very soft and gives you more time to contol the ball.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2021, 23:03 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Have you given any thought to trying Scandal again? I haven't tried the Storkraft yet but from all of the videos I've seen, from various players, it doesn't look like it has nearly the spin reversal and short drop shot capabilities of Scandal. Scandal can also give some nasty balls when bumping against back spin. Storkraft does look a bit easier to control as its main benefit. It also depends on the player you are playing against. Maybe this practice partner doesn't give you a lot of spin on his loops?

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2021, 23:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
dwruck wrote:
Have you given any thought to trying Scandal again? I haven't tried the Storkraft yet but from all of the videos I've seen, from various players, it doesn't look like it has nearly the spin reversal and short drop shot capabilities of Scandal. Scandal can also give some nasty balls when bumping against back spin. Storkraft does look a bit easier to control as its main benefit. It also depends on the player you are playing against. Maybe this practice partner doesn't give you a lot of spin on his loops?
I only tried Scandal briefly, not good with the ball most clubs here in Sweden uses (Stiga Perform).
Störkraft has very good control, a more dynamic sponge (very soft.amd.slow, but when you push aggressivley something happens).
The opponent is very used to my game :).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next