OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Those annoying pimples.
PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 00:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

PRETTY SIMPLE PROCEDURE.
It is no secret any more, this device will be accepted for some international tournaments in the near future. National federations also indicated interest in obtaining such a device, in the view that the slick pimpled rubbers are now growing in numbers and getting too annoying at small tournaments in particular.
The verification procedure for the pimples-out is fairly simple. You need to make 6 consequitive tests on the pimples surface as shown on the scheme. In the case that 4 or more test-results are positive (the steel slider moves significantly along the inclined plane), then the racket shall be excluded out of play.
The reliability of the tests is pretty high if you keep the slider in a dry and clean state.
The physical aspects of the tests we deliberately keep aside, there is a lot of boring science.

ECONOMICS AND MARKETING.
In the future, the selling price of the device should be lowered when mass production is on. This is the main premise for using this device in local competitions all the world around. We look forward to this moment with impatience —those disruptive slippery pimples have already vexed everyone.

THE ITALIANS TOOK THE LEAD OF THE WHOLE PLANET.
Today, such a device is now tested under the auspices of Italian Table Tennis Federation; a proud originator and the only maker of this device is an engineer from Milano. A really competent technician.

PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 04:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, I can imagine pimples would be annoying.

But not as annoying as Igor. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 05:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

An important REMINDER for all the competitive players.
Quote:

-- Those competitors who feel uncertain about legality of their racket in use are kindly welcome to visit to a Racket Control Room for a voluntary testing, any time before the competition starts., without a risk of any adverse sanction.

Be happy.

PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 20:26 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
So we can use the same device to test anti-spin rubbers, right?

PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 20:39 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Good point!! Igor,at the pro level , didn't you know the antispin rubbers are far , far, far slicker than any regular rubber sold at any tt shop in the world?

.. and please , tell me: how many pro level pip / anti spin players reach the finals?

... then, the ITTF is so worried, they will be soon using this absurd device,.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 04 May 2021, 16:13 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Seems like targeted discrimination. Pimple players using legal ITTF approved rubbers should not be singled out for testing.

PostPosted: 05 May 2021, 03:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Don't worry. It's just Igor and his annoying pimples. He's always making up stuff and making things seem more important than they are.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 May 2021, 03:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
There is almost nothing funnier to me than a player telling me that I won because of my 10 dollar sheet of OX LP with their rocket powered Butterfly ZLC blade and Dignics 09c rubber and super duper sponge.

PostPosted: 05 May 2021, 08:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

YES, USING SUBSTANDARD RUBBERS IS A SIN IN EVERY WAY.

A great majority of ping-pong amateur folk would treat the playing with deceptive rubbers as a trivial innocency, nothing abusive.
It is not the case. In the eyes of God, using a low-friction pimples is much akin to the Drunk Driving in many ways.. It is a vicious pleasure anyway, sinful practices by players to be excluded from our sport all over.

https://www.rightstep.com/rehab-blog/5- ... k-driving/

PostPosted: 05 May 2021, 10:13 
Super User

USING ILLEGAL INVERTED BOOSTED RUBBERS IS A SIN IN EVERY WAY

A great majority of ping-pong amateur and EVEN PRO folk would treat the playing with insane speedy and spinny rubbers as a trivial innocency, nothing abusive .
In the eyes of God using a boosted inverted rubber is much akin to the Drunk Driving in many ways.. It is a vicious pleasure anyway, sinful practices by players to be excluded from our sport all over.

PostPosted: 05 May 2021, 11:30 

Blade: Grubba
FH: Tenergy
BH: Desto
igorponger wrote:
YES, USING SUBSTANDARD RUBBERS IS A SIN IN EVERY WAY.

A great majority of ping-pong amateur folk would treat the playing with deceptive rubbers as a trivial innocency, nothing abusive.
It is not the case. In the eyes of God, using a low-friction pimples is much akin to the Drunk Driving in many ways.. It is a vicious pleasure anyway, sinful practices by players to be excluded from our sport all over.

https://www.rightstep.com/rehab-blog/5- ... k-driving/

1. What is the ratio of players who boost/speed-glue to those who treat pips ?
2. How many players have died from treating pips since 1998 ?
3. How many players have died (or have tumors / cancers etc) from first & second hand effects of speed glue from 1995 & boosters from 2008
4. What will be the IOC's new (third) fancy name for chemicals after discontinuing fake speed-gluing ban and fake boosting ban

PostPosted: 05 May 2021, 18:15 
Super User

I kindly and sometimes humorously try to reply to other forum members' posts.My intention is not Igor's, rather, to entertain and discuss so everybody can relax after a hard day's work.I am just a simple amateur whose level can be laughed at by every pro or every cocky amateur who thinks they are the pinnacle of the sport . :lol:

Too many egos here in this forum too .That's life.So many of us taking life so seriously . Stop judging and look at yourself first.- no pun intended,no personal attacks intended .

I am not going to answer any question- this is not a battle.Just say illegal boosting is the rage, just say nobody is interested in this topic , just say it is so easy to blame the pip world .

I got an old sheet you would believe it is treated.The sweet spot is virtually frictionless, the edges have friction, obviously, we block mostly in the center of the blade, not the edge...... and you tell me,Igor, this is illegal?,....but when you see someone play with so much spin and speed, you do not even suspect??? ,......mmmmmm,....... mmmmmmm,.......... Timo Boll once said most pros cheated,.... Timo Boll is credible for you?,..... mmmmmm,...... ok,... let's blame the amateurs,...especially the close to the table blockers,..surely you will find those who circumvent the rules,....mmmmmm,..... have you ever wondered that the sponge is also modified by loopers and defenders? what about the anti spin rubbers??? ,........

In a world of different minds, tt mirrors society: you can find all sorts so blaming the pips is like blaming one part of society,..... the bad guys = pips, the good, respectable ,fashionable players = inverted setups with lots of spin and speed,... unquestionable and trusted players,.... mmmmm,.....it is like New York Society in 1870s, those fashionale , rich, respectable men ,..mmmmm ,....but if you dug into their life a little bit, you would find at least 3 mistresses,..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 08 May 2021, 02:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

IGOR NOVICHOK wrote:
USING ILLEGAL INVERTED BOOSTED RUBBERS IS A SIN IN EVERY WAY

ROFL!!!! This is as funny as s-jan. :lol: A pronouncement from the Orthodox Church of Igor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 May 2021, 23:01 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

So, let me tell you a story:
I always used inverted rubber. Then my mobility was significantly reduced after a series of DVT instances and a broken ankle. I found that by using long pimples on thin sponge, I was able to control "incoming energy" while at the table, and return balls that I wouldn't have been able to handle with inverted. For a couple of years, that is what I did, and I remained in the game. Still around. Mobility has later improved, and I am currently back to using normal inverted, usually with grippy short pips on one side (which is not deceptive at all).

Deception was never the intention in my game, but may have been a side effect (not that I see intended deception as wrong). Reduced "reactivity" in the equipment means reduced capability in the game. It is more demanding to use, but when you manage it, it is just as rewarding. It is a different skill set, and I find that it is useful to know also when you are not using pimples but your opponents do.

A different story:
While in secondary education, a good friend and classmate was hit by a drunk driver. After that incident, and remaining for the rest of her life, she is lame from the waist down. Some say she is lucky she survived. She's not always sure that surviving was so fortunate.

Igorponger just told me that God says I'm just as bad as that drunk driver.
I say Igorponger is insulting God, and me.

I don't think God cares much (then again, I'm also not what you would call a firm believer).

I do care. Adding IP to the select few on my ignore list.

PostPosted: 11 May 2021, 16:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, the only one who cares (or pretends to care) is Igor. God doesn't care, the Pope doesn't care, the United Nations doesn't care, ITTF doesn't care, the Japanese don't care, the Chinese actually embrace long pips and boosting, and I doubt if even Putin cares. Poor widdle Igor. :lol:

Iskandar