OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Huieson X1??
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2021, 05:47 

Blade: Yinhe N9s cPen
FH: Yinhe Mercury 2 hard
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
iskandar taib wrote:
Aurelian wrote:

I received this Boer Lion in April and it's a very nice blade. Image

Incidentally, did you weigh it? :lol:

Iskandar

Iskandar, you're not reading all my replies, i already mentioned it was 73G(cPen). :punch:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2021, 07:35 

Ch3nM3ng wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
Incidentally, did you weigh it? :lol:

Iskandar

Btw, iskandar what are your thoughts on the X1 posted in the original OP?
I havent seen some X1 in my choice online shop but I have been seeing some X2 s which supposedly have carbon and built quality doesn't look to shabby.
X2 is nice looking, I had one and it was 88g, simply resell it and had a good feedback about it, then ordered a penhold X3 which is really heavy for a penhold blade - 85G and I play it as backup racket. Here you can see a nice rally with it from today and a good finishing https://youtu.be/lrpdXy-n_XY

Still waiting since January for a X2 penhold + another X2 shakehand, the seller (playa/bay layer) lost totally my confidence when they rejected the dispute, stating that the order waited for my collection, while the parcel has the last status identical as it was 4 month ago. No problem, i called my bank and canceled my payment Image

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2021, 23:12 

Blade: Hinoki Carbon Off++ 9mm
FH: H3
BH: Moon Speed
Aurelian wrote:
It's an awesome blade, i really enjoyed it.

my Boer Lion finally arrived today!
Holy sht they weren't kidding when they said the build quality is low. This thing has even worse finish than Stiga blades.
I have literally cut myself with a Stiga blade before (Tube Carbo) and this one seems like it needs sanding as well.
Has several dings on the handle and weird vertical scratches all over the blade face.
For some reason I'm feeling good about this blade tho. Bounce is nice and speed is good considering its weight.
I feel this could be my main blade after a few sessions.

In the mean time I've got some sanding to do. :rofl:

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2021, 23:18 

Ch3nM3ng wrote:
Aurelian wrote:
It's an awesome blade, i really enjoyed it.

my Boer Lion finally arrived today!
Holy sht they weren't kidding when they said the build quality is low. This thing has even worse finish than Stiga blades.
I have literally cut myself with a Stiga blade before (Tube Carbo) and this one seems like it needs sanding as well.
Has several dings on the handle and weird vertical scratches all over the blade face.
For some reason I'm feeling good about this blade tho. Bounce is nice and speed is good considering its weight.
I feel this could be my main blade after a few sessions.

In the mean time I've got some sanding to do. :rofl:
Mine were really nice crafted, but I know training blades are not so well crafted, but they really do their job for a couple of bucks. They are made for training, if you broke them, no panic

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2021, 21:23 

Aurelian wrote:
Mine were really nice crafted, but I know training blades are not so well crafted, but they really do their job for a couple of bucks. They are made for training, if you broke them, no panic

I don't doubt it. I mean one of my favorite blades in the recent years was a 7 ply I got from a premade.
Typical Basswood construction with the core being some weird dyed extremely hard wood and the outerply was uneven.
I don't know what this "imitation carbon" on the Lion is either but if the blade plays well it wouldn't even matter.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2021, 20:50 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ch3nM3ng wrote:
Btw, iskandar what are your thoughts on the X1 posted in the original OP?
I havent seen some X1 in my choice online shop but I have been seeing some X2 s which supposedly have carbon and built quality doesn't look to shabby.

You know, I have completely forgotten. :lol: Did I ever order one? It's been so long, all my stuff is in my office, which I have not been in for a couple months, what with the latest COVID lockdown, so I can't even check. Haven't been able to play for a while now, in any case, even if I had ordered one.

Additional thoughts on these "youth beginner" blades - it's entirely possible that the M8 plays so nicely BECAUSE it's a beginner blade, not in spite of it. Which is why it might be good to try others of the same ilk.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2021, 21:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I have bought one for a friend of mine.It is light and plays well.All round type, really.The problem is it is so weak, you hit the table a little bit and the blade is beyond repair :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2021, 00:12 

charmander defender wrote:
I have bought one for a friend of mine.It is light and plays well.All round type, really.The problem is it is so weak, you hit the table a little bit and the blade is beyond repair :lol:

doubt it unless it's a balsa blade.
I've had a couple of dings on a cheap blade from a hobbybat (which the X1 is probably of the same quality) but also had 1 ding on my Yinhe T11 and the dent was so deep and beyond repair.
I know another guy playing with a balsa blade beat up so bad it looked like one of those fragile stiga rubbers with every corner chipped

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2021, 00:31 

charmander defender wrote:
Classic training blade, you buy 10 with the money for a low priced European/japanese blade, they play nice but if you hit the table they are almost gone. That's why they are training blades, you hit them, you throw them. I touched my Boer a bit and the 1st top layer was gone for about 1cm, no panic, i still played with it for another 3 months

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2021, 01:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Reminds me of an incident I witnessed from about 40 years ago - imagine doing a squat tomahawk serve straight into the edge of the table. Left a right angled divot about an inch into the side of the blade.. :lol: I don't think it would have mattered what sort of blade it was.. cheap blade, expensive blade, the result would have been the same. I can't say I have ever hit the table hard enough to cause more than very superficial damage to any of my blades. Yet.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2021, 14:56 

iskandar taib wrote:
Reminds me of an incident I witnessed from about 40 years ago - imagine doing a squat tomahawk serve straight into the edge of the table. Left a right angled divot about an inch into the side of the blade.. :lol: I don't think it would have mattered what sort of blade it was.. cheap blade, expensive blade, the result would have been the same. I can't say I have ever hit the table hard enough to cause more than very superficial damage to any of my blades. Yet.

Iskandar

and I've seen these grimy, sweaty, sooty, heavily chipped Butterfly blades go for a fortune.
Didn't matter if the previous owner stuck the handle up his bum
People are still willing to give their left nut to own one of these "Amultart" blades I don't even know a pro who uses these.