OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 15:04 

Ok thanks. I read correct so.
I will avoid to put water glue on the sponge and I will see how it does the time i will want to remove it
First test this week-end with robot

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2021, 05:33 

Blade: joo sae hyuk
FH: omega 5 tour 2mm
BH: cloud and fog 3 1mm
Just got the rubber in 1.2mm anyone help me with which blade is best, I don't think I will be able to chop and change.

Carbonado 190,90
TSP balsa 8.5, 4.5 , 3.5
Sauer troger Zeus
Neubauer matador texa
Joo sae hyuk
DHS h301
Grubbà All
Xiom ice cream

Any input appreciated thanks

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2021, 07:28 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
joesan wrote:
Just got the rubber in 1.2mm anyone help me with which blade is best, I don't think I will be able to chop and change.

Carbonado 190,90

Please try on Carbonado 190!!
It's the blade i use with antispin and i'm very curios about your future test! :rock:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2021, 19:09 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
Matador Texa is a good blade.
Xiom Icecream might be a good blade if it is the AZX version (glue it on zlc side)

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2021, 07:56 

Blade: joo sae hyuk
FH: omega 5 tour 2mm
BH: cloud and fog 3 1mm
A bit torn I only got 1 chance, don't think I will be able to transfer to a different blade once stuck on. I don't think the azx is hard enough. Carbonado or matador.... Need sleep on it

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2021, 15:46 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
joesan wrote:
A bit torn I only got 1 chance, don't think I will be able to transfer to a different blade once stuck on. I don't think the azx is hard enough. Carbonado or matador.... Need sleep on it

I would say Matador, but if you go with Carbonado chose the 90. The 190 kind of kills some of the spin when used with soft sponges like the Störkraft. 90 has a very nice controlled feeling and even though the C190 has a low throw the spin reversal i (at least for me) better on C90. Also, you can make more spin on FH with C90 than C190.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2021, 23:54 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I had good results with these type of rubbers on the regular Matador, the Matador Texa should work well.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2021, 22:04 

I finally could train 2 times for now with this Storkraft 0.8 in my basement with a robot to learn a bit the different strokes after viewing some videos on the web. I mounted it on a Clipper CR.
First impressions is that is very slow and it throws higher than I expected in that thickness so I have to adjust my strokes to correct that. With a firm grip I can see spin reversal with the ball rolling back to the net on the table. Maybe less than I thought but it is hard to judge with no opponent to see how much it is deceptive.
It is a little hard to do short block for now, to succeed I have to loose a grip a little or moving the bat downward but it seems I loose spin reversal doing that.
Hitting is a little easier to me, I let the ball bounce a bit and do a flat hit using the forearm and the wrist to pass the net. It makes the ball very flat landing at the end of the table. It seems we can do a chop block style motion taking the ball very early making a fast return but have to open the bat.
A thing that I experimented is going backward and make a chop motion with the racket just a little opened make the ball fly like a bullet.
I know that there are many more strokes that I can do, I am just beginning either “basic” ones I would say.

Everything was doing against topspin for now. The next sessions will be against backspin.

All I can say is that I can how much work I have but it is pleasant to try a new type of play.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2021, 21:56 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
The thing I try to remember is, I'd rather have the return be a little high than a little low. There's so much reversal on it, people will miss a lot of balls that would seem like they'd be easy to attack. Better to aim a little higher and let the rubber do the work than try to be too low and dump into the net. It takes a lot of time to get used to the touch, stick with it if you enjoy playing with it.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 02:50 

dwruck wrote:
The thing I try to remember is, I'd rather have the return be a little high than a little low. There's so much reversal on it, people will miss a lot of balls that would seem like they'd be easy to attack. Better to aim a little higher and let the rubber do the work than try to be too low and dump into the net. It takes a lot of time to get used to the touch, stick with it if you enjoy playing with it.

Hi dwruck,

You’re certainly right, for the moment I am not used to think like that.
I found a pretty good video that shows a couple of strokes within the type of spin in the ball. Maybe some of you knows. It’s not with the Storkraft but could be useful and if the moderation thinks it’s off topic and removes it I will understand

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z-WvWKYMX5k

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 17:19 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

akathedude wrote:
dwruck wrote:

Hi dwruck,

You’re certainly right, for the moment I am not used to think like that.
I found a pretty good video that shows a couple of strokes within the type of spin in the ball. Maybe some of you knows. It’s not with the Storkraft but could be useful and if the moderation thinks it’s off topic and removes it I will understand

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z-WvWKYMX5k

Well, I did that video mostly to illustrate ball arc, angle, length and backspin when comparing two antis with each other. I am not sure you will have much help regarding stroke technique from that clip since it is against a robot.

This may be a little better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHHcggrxoeM
This is not with Störkraft either, but most stroks can be performed similar. Just remember that the anti-blocker in this video is very experienced. What may look very simple when he does it may actually be rather difficult ;)

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 17:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^^your mate plays well-seen him before-why dont you use the barna and winner comb ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9VTJxdOfgc

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 18:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

What makes you think I don't? :)

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2021, 07:17 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

I’ve had 3 short practice nights and have my first league match in 7 years on Friday. Maybe I’m a bit nuts but on my final practice tonight I decided to try Storkraft 1.2. I’ve glued it on a new Invictus blade.

First impressions are very good. I really enjoyed the slowness. I wouldn’t say I noticed loads of reversal but I think my strokes are still too active coming from chop blocking with dtecs. My practice partner encouraged me to switch to it straight away from when we knocked.

Surprisingly good for a first go being rusty and unfit anyway. Not sure if I’ve matched it up to the best blade in terms of reversal but the control was amazing and I just need to find my angles over time and practice.

Sadly I can’t find my forehand yet. Hopefully it will arrive on Friday!

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2021, 17:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Def-attack wrote:
What makes you think I don't? :)

Blade: Barna Winner
FH: Yinhe Jupiter II max
BH: Barna SuperGlanti 1,2
Just looked :headbang:
up the irons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next